Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Hello,

No good luck, endless reset loop. Hard reset, zero out reset did not work yet... Well I have to send this to Palm support

Quote Originally Posted by lovecostarica
    Ig:

What ROM are you using? Kaizersoze.
    Will your Treo recognize the SD card and read any contents? Yes
    You put the ROM via your PC/SD card installation method? Yes
    What ROM set does your Treo currently have? 1.14dbg, 1.43 Firmware
    When did you download the ROM? Yesterday

M
    Wim

update:

Suddenly the reset stopped.... I had to choose the language (english) and I have the new ROM 1.20 APR, 1.71 firmware, but only 20.8 Mb left (without Versamail and RealPlayer)

I expected to have more Memory free???
    Last edited by goettsch; 12/04/2005 at 11:18 AM.
    the official release is probably only just a few days away.... why bother with a leaked version??
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by montais
    I try to upgrade to custom #4 again with Multimail. And now I got the error message "error updating rom". I try many times but got the same error. Downgrade to 1.13/1.28 by SD card method and upgrade again and got error message again. It looks like custom #3 and Custom #4 not complete. Please help to check the ROMs.
    Custom 3 and 4, as well a 1 and 2, are exactly the same as Kaisers! as Kaiser used LCR base ROM to strip the Chinese from his.

There is a difference. Versamail files were left to ROMs where Versamail is present.

That would suggest, again, that the Chinese ROM was not made for US distribution, as we all know, and though some folks get a successful update, why not wait for a ROM really compatible with US Treos?

Seems kinda like forcing a square peg into a round hole. US ROM ROMs are so much more smooth in their flashing of US Treos... generally.

Spanky
    Let me add my own tale of woe - in the last hour I've gone from having a Treo 650 with FW1.14dbg/SW1.51 to a Treo stuck in an endless reset loop after attempting to install KeyserSoze's firmware as an upgrade.

It does the initial bootup screen (with the progress bar) then reboots almost as soon as it gets to the second screen (with PalmOne in the circle). Just like goettsch, performing a hard reset does nothing - a split second after selecting confirming the hard reset it just goes straight back into the normal reset loop. However, unlike goettsch, it's been resetting hundreds of times (every 3 seconds for the last half hour) and hasn't magically come back to life.

I've got nobody to blame but myself I suppose. I should hopefully be able to report it to my handset provider (as malfunctioning) and have a replacement delivered tomorrow!

Unless anyone has any ideas...?!
    It's frustrating to be so powerless to do anything... doh!

Goettsch... how long did you leave it rebooting for before it sorted itself out? A few minutes? Hours? Days?
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcusT
    Let me add my own tale of woe - in the last hour I've gone from having a Treo 650 with FW1.14dbg/SW1.51 to a Treo stuck in an endless reset loop after attempting to install KeyserSoze's firmware as an upgrade.

It does the initial bootup screen (with the progress bar) then reboots almost as soon as it gets to the second screen (with PalmOne in the circle). Just like goettsch, performing a hard reset does nothing - a split second after selecting confirming the hard reset it just goes straight back into the normal reset loop. However, unlike goettsch, it's been resetting hundreds of times (every 3 seconds for the last half hour) and hasn't magically come back to life.

I've got nobody to blame but myself I suppose. I should hopefully be able to report it to my handset provider (as malfunctioning) and have a replacement delivered tomorrow!

Unless anyone has any ideas...?!
    Try doing a warm reset. Don't just hold up the 5-way as it goes through its loops, actually take the battery cover off, press the 5-way up and poke your stylus in the hole. This will hopefully get you to the language selection page then into an operating but limited function mode. From there you can probably revert to an earlier ROM.

Has anyone tried pulling the SD card during the loop, putting an earlier ROM on it then hard resetting?
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    I used the KS version. it rebooted about 5 times before it worked. be patient!
    Quote Originally Posted by jgm
    Try doing a warm reset. Don't just hold up the 5-way as it goes through its loops, actually take the battery cover off, press the 5-way up and poke your stylus in the hole. This will hopefully get you to the language selection page then into an operating but limited function mode. From there you can probably revert to an earlier ROM.
    Sadly not going to work, one of the first things I tried a few hours ago.

Quote Originally Posted by jgm
    Has anyone tried pulling the SD card during the loop, putting an earlier ROM on it then hard resetting?
    Tried that too. AND removing the sim (just in case that stopped the radio starting in if that was the problem)...

At the moment my Treo is just one big multicolour flatscreen xmas light!
    Quote Originally Posted by Xochi
    I used the KS version. it rebooted about 5 times before it worked. be patient!
    It's possible that I took the card out prematurely, but it was so many hours ago now that I really can't recall.

Spankyoatmeal - On the off chance that premature card removal (flashus interruptus?!) really *is* the cause of my grief, please edit your first post in the other firmware thread to make it *crystal* clear that 5 or more reboots might be required and that users should wait until they are absolutely certain that it's safe to touch the handset. I would hate for anybody else to go through this frustration and inconvenience. Thanks.
    I've noticed that if I hold DOWN and initiate a reset, I end up in a weird white screen with a very thin black line at the top which appears and disappears as the the keypad flashes, while the screen stays completely white and lit up.

Has anyone seen this before? What is DOWN + reset supposed to do on a working handset anyway?!
    Flashlight mode?
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcusT
    It's frustrating to be so powerless to do anything... doh!

Goettsch... how long did you leave it rebooting for before it sorted itself out? A few minutes? Hours? Days?
    Hello Marcus,

I was allready doing a zero out reset which did not work till suddenly I got the screen with the languages, chinese and english, I chose English and then it worked. Results as I indicated:
    1. Only 20.8 Mb RAM left
    2. No Versamail or RealPlayer
    3. Blazer 4.3.2.1

NO RESETS UNTIL NOW!

Wim
    Ah, I see, so it wasn't in a series of seemingly infinite reboots which it sprung out of, it's just that the zero out took longer than expected.

I can't even get mine to stay comatosed (as it should be if the reset has worked)! It just resets and resets!
    JGM,
    Any chance you could point me to a working link of the original chinese 1.71 update? It appears to have been removed from Hi-PDA. Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by theadient
    JGM,
    Any chance you could point me to a working link of the original chinese 1.71 update? It appears to have been removed from Hi-PDA. Thanks
    I'm trying to upload it to Rapidshare now but am showing upload time of just under 3 hours. I will let it go for awhile to see if it improves. If not I will try again in the morning when things are usually a lot faster. It is evening here now.
    Too slow and keeps dropping the connection, will try again in about 8 hours or so.
    6:30 AM when the connection is usually quickest but today for some reason very slow. Get very slow upload speed to RapidShare and it drops connection after about 20 minutes. Will try again later this evening. Hope you're patient.
  18.    #38  
    Got a 'dead' phone? CHeck out shadowmites link:

http://discuss.treocentral.com/showt...192#post858192
  19.    #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by theadient
    JGM,
    Tread:

I'll put it up for you. Will put the link here later.

here it tis:

http://rapidshare.de/files/9071877/T...1-121.zip.html

Spanky
    Last edited by spankyoatmeal; 12/12/2005 at 06:04 PM.
    Thanks for the headsup about Shadowmite's new tool, Spankyoatmeal! Will be giving it a go tonight, hope it ressurects my dead Treo...
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast