Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    With this combination of high quality products, you get the Treo 650 battery cover with reset hole, the premium silicon skin case with matching reset hole, and a (patent pending) holster designed exclusively to carry this perfectly complemented set.

What would go GREAT with this battery cover with reset hole? A skin case with a reset hole to match! Its rubbery skin makes holding and gripping your Treo 650 much easier. The premium skin is made from a very high grade polymer that is extremely strong, durable, tear resistant, and long lasting.

Bundled with this set is a custom made, super strong swivel lock holster that was designed to fit your skinned Treo 650 perfectly. The holster's sturdy construction, (patent pending) spring clip, and strong belt clip keep your Treo very secure.

With this combination of fine products, security, ease of use, and total portability are yours. For a limited time, this combo is on sale at a price that is impossible to beat. Treat yourself and your Treo!

Two color options for the battery cover:
    Treo Blue
    Treo Silver
    Cingular Users: Our silver battery cover is slightly darker than the one provided by Cingular

If you already skin case, you can just order the springclip holster,

http://www.seidioonline.com/index.as...ROD&ProdID=195

Please make sure your skin is 1.8 mm or less in thickness.

Please contact jingzhang@seidio.com or visit our website at http://www.seidioonline.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=196
    for more information on this product
    http://www.seidioonline.com/ProductI...L_SK_BT_SL.jpg
    Last edited by seidioseidio; 12/03/2005 at 03:16 AM.
    Will your skin case be available in other colors? I only see what looks to be a frosted white of some kind.

-Brian
    For those who use the rubber skin, is it difficult to manipulate the buttons through the rubber? Does it feel creepy? Is the rubber tacky?
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by bkrodgers
    Will your skin case be available in other colors? I only see what looks to be a frosted white of some kind.

-Brian
    At this point, we only offer one color, later, we may offer more colors. Which color are you interested in ?

David Chang
    I've got a skin case in a light sky blue. I think it's the same blue that Boxwave offers its skin case in, although I actually bought the generic version off ebay. It goes very well with the Sprint blue. Assuming you decide its worth offering other colors, how quickly do you expect you could introduce them? I'm potentially holding off on ordering not only the convenience kit but also the extended battery because I want to ship them at once if I decide to get both.

Thanks!
    -Brian
    Hi David,

I think the blue that bkrodgers mentions and a silver/grey would also be a nice option.

Thanks...
    Steve
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    David:

I just got the conveinience kit today. The only problem is that in my order #31025 I ordered the silver battery door. I opened the kit and found a blue battery door inside. Is there someway that I can get a silver door as a replacement? Other than that I am very much pleased with the kit. The battery door itself fits nicely. Not too tight and my combo pen/stylus comes out freely. I also like the way the holster holds the T650.

Thanks

Mo
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by SloMo
    David:

I just got the conveinience kit today. The only problem is that in my order #31025 I ordered the silver battery door. I opened the kit and found a blue battery door inside. Is there someway that I can get a silver door as a replacement? Other than that I am very much pleased with the kit. The battery door itself fits nicely. Not too tight and my combo pen/stylus comes out freely. I also like the way the holster holds the T650.

Thanks

Mo
    Hi Slomo,

Sorry for this, please give me your order #, our customer service will take care of it right away.

David Chang
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    David:

Thanks for the quick reply. Here is my order #31025. Thanks again for all your help.

Mo
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    I've been using the convenience pack for several days now and I think it is great.

Although the skin I had worked in the holster, the Seidio skin is better quality (wider opening where the stylus comes out, tighter fit, better feel for the buttons that are covered, microphone opening). There is no problem using the Treo in a skin and you can see the buttons through the skin.

The holster is easy to use and it works well. I can start a call and put the phone back in the holster and continue the call on my Plantronics corded headset while the phone is holstered. The only other case (with a swivel clip that allowed me to do that was the Seidio vertical pouch (also holds a skinned Treo). The pouches limitation was the case lid would only close about 95% if the Treo was connected to the headset (very minor problem and provides more protection for the Treo).

I have only two VERY MINOR comments on the holster: (1) I don't know the purpose of the small rectangular opening at the bottom part of the holster exposing a small part of the keyboard, (2) Seidio could lengthen the "nub" of the spring clip so both "ends" of the spring clip are the same length (like a clothes pin). Then, you can remove the holster one handed from your belt. If the phone is not in the holster, no problem doing this one handed. If the phone is in the holster, you are sort of pressing on the clip with your thumb and on the back of the Treo with your fingers. Again, very minor and petty.

What do people think of Seidio's other products? I need some additional cables.

Mark
    I ordered mine Monday. I am excited. Good to see someone making a kit that is suppose to work TOGETHER. Now all we need is a car holder for this kit
    David, how soon do you think you might be able to offer new colors? Particularly a light blue like boxwave has?

-Brian
    Just ordered my kit.

Looks cool.
    WOW $30 for the holster $34 for the whole kit ????
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingjunior
    WOW $30 for the holster $34 for the whole kit ????
    This is the promotional price we are currently offering. It comes with

1) Premium Skin case (with reset hole matching the reset hole on battery cover)
    2) Battery cover with reset hole
    3) swivel lock hoster for Skinned Treo 650
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    One additional comment ... I would order some type of screen protector in case you revert to using the touchscreen. The added protection won't hurt.

Mark
    Quote Originally Posted by mdezrin
    One additional comment ... I would order some type of screen protector in case you revert to using the touchscreen. The added protection won't hurt.

Mark
    Can you provide more information on Seidio skin case ? how is the quality ? Is it durable ? How does it compare with other brands ?
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Yes. So far, I like the quality. It is actually taking a little getting used to because it does feel different than the other skin I was using. The previous skin was purchased for 5.00 online at the cellphone.com (http://store1.yimg.com/I/cellphoneshop_1871_15567443) . It worked good enough but the Seidio seems like a tighter better fit. It feels more durable but I'm no engineer so I can't say why. The parts that cover the buttons are raised on the Seidio so you can have a better feel using it. And there are no problems seeing the buttons or using them. Comparing them side by side, even the top where it has opening for the mute button is larger. And it might be my imagination, but they've made the edges of the skin around the keyboard to encroach as minimally as possible into the keyboard area. The other skin was not problem for the keyboard but this seems a little better.

An uncovered keyboard is a big deal to me because on my 600, I had a full leather case that covered the screen and keyboard. The case constantly "rolled" and shifted so the Q, A and Alt key button were slightly covered inhibiting my typing. My boss finds the same problem with the Krussell leather case for his 650. I was always looking for case with the screen covered for protection against banging into something but a keyboard exposed. The cases that I found that did this had no top strap to stop the Treo from sliding out if the case was rotated and that left me a little concerned.

BTW, the other skin did fit in the Seidio holster.

Best regards,

Mark
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by mdezrin
    Yes. So far, I like the quality. It is actually taking a little getting used to because it does feel different than the other skin I was using. The previous skin was purchased for 5.00 online at the cellphone.com (http://store1.yimg.com/I/cellphoneshop_1871_15567443) . It worked good enough but the Seidio seems like a tighter better fit. It feels more durable but I'm no engineer so I can't say why. The parts that cover the buttons are raised on the Seidio so you can have a better feel using it. And there are no problems seeing the buttons or using them. Comparing them side by side, even the top where it has opening for the mute button is larger. And it might be my imagination, but they've made the edges of the skin around the keyboard to encroach as minimally as possible into the keyboard area. The other skin was not problem for the keyboard but this seems a little better.

An uncovered keyboard is a big deal to me because on my 600, I had a full leather case that covered the screen and keyboard. The case constantly "rolled" and shifted so the Q, A and Alt key button were slightly covered inhibiting my typing. My boss finds the same problem with the Krussell leather case for his 650. I was always looking for case with the screen covered for protection against banging into something but a keyboard exposed. The cases that I found that did this had no top strap to stop the Treo from sliding out if the case was rotated and that left me a little concerned.

BTW, the other skin did fit in the Seidio holster.

Best regards,

Mark
    HI Mark,

Thank you very much for the review. Yes, we use different material from most of the skin cases in the marketplace. It is not as slippery and it is very durable and tear resistance. We work with a company in Japan to develop this material.

Do you mean you would like to see the the keyboard covered ? any other suggestions for our next generation skin case are always welcome.

It is good to know many skin cases can fit our skin holster. For those you already have skin case, you can just get the skin holster. However, for $ 5.00 more, you can get our premium skin case and battery cover with rest hole under the current promotional price. It will be a great gift I think.

David Chang
    Seidio
    Last edited by seidioseidio; 12/10/2005 at 08:46 AM.
    How about a skin case that DOESN'T cover ANY of the buttons EXECEPT the volume bar and side button.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast