Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    David,

Still would like to hear an answer on if you plan to add new colors and how soon they might be available. In addition to that, I'd also like to know if they'd be available as a part of the promotional package, and when that promotion is likely to end.

thanks,
    -Brian
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    David,

Sorry for not being clear. Big deal in that I want the keyboard uncovered. Too many cases I've seen or heard from others that cover the keyboard end up rolling up a little or shifting and covering part of the side keys. The skin is just fine. Now, extend the "clip" on the holster so it is a tad easier to get the holster on and off your belt.

Best regards,

Mark
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by mdezrin
    David,

Sorry for not being clear. Big deal in that I want the keyboard uncovered. Too many cases I've seen or heard from others that cover the keyboard end up rolling up a little or shifting and covering part of the side keys. The skin is just fine. Now, extend the "clip" on the holster so it is a tad easier to get the holster on and off your belt.

Best regards,

Mark
    Mark,

Do you mean the clip in the back (the clip to clip on your belt ?).

David Chang
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by bkrodgers
    David,

Still would like to hear an answer on if you plan to add new colors and how soon they might be available. In addition to that, I'd also like to know if they'd be available as a part of the promotional package, and when that promotion is likely to end.

thanks,
    -Brian
    Brian,

WE do have a plan to make more color skins. But I do not have the definite date yet.

David Chang
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio
    Brian,

WE do have a plan to make more color skins. But I do not have the definite date yet.

David Chang
    Thanks. Are we talking days, weeks, months? I'm not looking for anything firm, just your best rough estimate. Also, what colors are you considering? I

Could you comment on if the colored skins will be offered as a part of the convenience kit package (at the current price)? Also, somewhat OT, is $29.95 for the extended battery at a promotional price as well? I'm waiting on both until there's a color skin available, but I don't want to miss out on either deal if they're time limited.

Thanks!
    -Brian
  6.    #26  
    David,

Best regards,

Mark
    HI Mark,

Based on our experience, The current blet length should fit most of belts in the market.

David Chang
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    It does fit and that is not the point or concern nor the area I'm talking about lengthening. I want you to lengthen the tip at the end that you squeeze to open the clip. Visualize a clothes pin or any the removable swivel clips used for most cell phone cases. They are the same length, from end to end. When you want to open the pin or the clip, you squeeze the two top ends together to spread the clip. This is a little harder with your holster because the top ends are not an even length. The corresponding piece you squeeze against is really non-existent (more like a nub) on the holster Therefore, when you squeeze the clip, you must put your other finger a little awkwardly onto the back of the 650 or the bottom of the holster to create the pressure to open the clip and remove the holster from your belt. I have gotten the hang of this but it would be easier if it was lengthened. Let me know if my comments don't make sense.
    It does fit and that is not the point or concern nor the area I'm talking about lengthening. I want you to lengthen the tip at the end that you squeeze to open the clip. Visualize a clothes pin or any the removable swivel clips used for most cell phone cases. They are the same length, from end to end. When you want to open the pin or the clip, you squeeze the two top ends together to spread the clip. This is a little harder with your holster because the top ends are not an even length. The corresponding piece you squeeze against is really non-existent (more like a nub) on the holster Therefore, when you squeeze the clip, you must put your other finger a little awkwardly onto the back of the 650 or the bottom of the holster to create the pressure to open the clip and remove the holster from your belt. I have gotten the hang of this but it would be easier if it was lengthened. Let me know if my comments don't make sense.
    I've been using my new Seidio holster and skin combo for a few days now. Overall, it seems to be a very solid design. In comparing the Seidio skin to two of my other silicone skin cases (Boxwave and Smartphone Experts), the Seidio cutouts seem more precise. The material appears to be slightly more sturdy as well. Both of the spring clips (the belt clip and the one over top of the Treo) on the holster provide good tension and do not seem prone to accidental release with any of my 3 silicone skin cases. I also tried using the holster with a Sena Leatherskin case. The Leatherskin is thinner and more slippery than a silicone case, so it does not feel quite as secure in the holster.

Regarding the previous comment about the unequal length belt clip - I actually like the way Seidio implemented their design. It creates less bulk than having two equal length pieces (like a clothespin). I've found that the easiest way to open and close the clip is by grasping the combo fully in the palm of my hand (just like I hold the Treo when using it as a PDA) and just using my thumb to press the top of the belt clip. With this method, it's very easy for me to place the holster onto my belt and remove it as well.

For future skin design consideration, I would like to request something along the lines of the zCover skin. That case covers the keyboard and the SD card slot. However, I would also like to slightly change that case's design by having the 5-way D-pad covered too. The reason I ask for the covered keyboard and SD card slot is that the holster sometimes gets caught under the skin case if I am not extremely careful in placing the Treo into the holster. Having the keyboard covered would keep the side of the skin case from being snagged on the side lip of the holster. Having the SD card slot covered would keep the top flap of the skin case (near the antenna and IR port) from being snagged by the top spring clip.

Just some food for thought... It's easy to take an exacto knife to a silicone skin case and cut away sections that you don't want. I took my Boxwave case and cut off the centerpiece (covering the D-Pad and 6 hard buttons) and the section covering the volume rocker switches. The Boxwave case is very stable even with those pieces missing. However, I decided that I liked the way the case worked better before my modifications so I wound up buying a second silicone case and left it intact.
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Respectfully speaking, I'm not sure that adding what is literally about 1/2 inch of plastic would qualify as extra bulk. Your method is how I currently release it. It is awkward because the pressure points are 3" apart. Lengthening the top would create a more natural way of opening the clip. Why reinvent something like a clothespin? You wouldn't put your thumb on the top of a clothespin and your hand at the bottom of the opposite pin. Which I believe is why almost every other belt clip is designed of equal length. When the Treo is not in the holster, your hand naturally pushes on a point that is higher and closer to the top of the spring clip.

And I completely agree the skin seems more precise in the fit and better quality. I also agree on the quality of the spring clips. Good points. My phone hasn't even come close to falling out of the holster!

Mark
    Respectfully speaking, I'm not sure that adding what is literally about 1/2 inch of plastic would qualify as extra bulk. Your method is how I currently release it. It is awkward because the pressure points are 3" apart. Lengthening the top would create a more natural way of opening the clip. Why reinvent something like a clothespin? You wouldn't put your thumb on the top of a clothespin and your hand at the bottom of the opposite pin. Which I believe is why almost every other belt clip is designed of equal length. When the Treo is not in the holster, your hand naturally pushes on a point that is higher and closer to the top of the spring clip.

And I completely agree the skin seems more precise in the fit and better quality. I also agree on the quality of the spring clips. Good points. My phone hasn't even come close to falling out of the holster!

Mark
    Hi Mark!

I fully understand your opinion about the belt clip design. Yes, a clothespin design with two equal length pieces does make for an easier squeeze point. However, my personal preference is still for the unequal length design. This not only allows for less bulk (okay, it's only about 1/2" but I'll still take it), but it also allows for the clip to be opened far wider since the longer piece can be squeezed way past the shorter piece. For people with thicker belts, or those who want to clip over their belt and waistband at the same time, this extra wide opening is helpful.

It's okay if we just agree to disagree on this point. That's what makes this such a good forum for the exchange of ideas. Seidio also seems to be very interested in providing a variety of solutions. Maybe they will be able to come up with more holster and skin designs to meet more of our preferences.
    Quote Originally Posted by bkrodgers
    Thanks. Are we talking days, weeks, months? I'm not looking for anything firm, just your best rough estimate. Also, what colors are you considering? I

Could you comment on if the colored skins will be offered as a part of the convenience kit package (at the current price)? Also, somewhat OT, is $29.95 for the extended battery at a promotional price as well? I'm waiting on both until there's a color skin available, but I don't want to miss out on either deal if they're time limited.

Thanks!
    -Brian
    David, can you respond to this? I want to get a colored skin case, but I also don't want to miss out on the current convenience kit pricing or the battery pricing, if either is a limited time offer.
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Your point is valid for thicker belts and I understand the comments.

I apologize since I clearly came across snippy. Not meant to and not warranted on my part!

Happy Holidays!

Mark
    Your point is valid for thicker belts and I understand the comments.

I apologize since I clearly came across snippy. Not meant to and not warranted on my part!

Happy Holidays!

Mark
    No apology needed Mark, and happy holidays to you too!

BTW - I truly do hope that Seidio continues to come up with new designs to meet everyone's needs. I'm looking forward to trying the new 2-in-1 noise isolating headset myself.
    I just got the battery cover/skin kit (without holster) and I must say that I am very pleased! The battery cover fits perfect and the skin is much higher quality than the other one I had. It slides in and out of my pocket with ease, where the other one was so tacky that it would stick to my pockets and any dirt/lint in them.

Recommended!
    I, too, got the Convenience kit - and was impressed by the quality of the Seidio skin compared with another skin I had before. It is SO MUCH EASIER to reset my Treo now!! However, the day after I got my holster, it broke. I was in my car with seatbelt on, took the Treo out of the Seidio holster, moved around, and the seatbelt pressed in on the clip that holds the Treo, and it snapped right OFF!! ARGH.

David, could you help? I think that the clip could have been stronger - it turns out that the clip broke at what seems to be a weak point - if you look at the holster from the top when its on your belt, you'll see that the clip plastic is cut out so you can see the the springs. The clip broke off just above that point, where there are just two tiny connecting pieces of plastic on both sides of the clip. I think the plastic should be fully connected all the way across. (Hope this description makes sense), and will strengthen the clip when inward pressure is accidentally applied.

I did like the way the holster felt and it was nice to have it sit closer to my body than the Seidio leather holster for skinned Treos. (that's another flawed case, IMHO, I will be happy to comment elsewhere if asked).
  16.    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tastannin
    I, too, got the Convenience kit - and was impressed by the quality of the Seidio skin compared with another skin I had before. It is SO MUCH EASIER to reset my Treo now!! However, the day after I got my holster, it broke. I was in my car with seatbelt on, took the Treo out of the Seidio holster, moved around, and the seatbelt pressed in on the clip that holds the Treo, and it snapped right OFF!! ARGH.

David, could you help? I think that the clip could have been stronger - it turns out that the clip broke at what seems to be a weak point - if you look at the holster from the top when its on your belt, you'll see that the clip plastic is cut out so you can see the the springs. The clip broke off just above that point, where there are just two tiny connecting pieces of plastic on both sides of the clip. I think the plastic should be fully connected all the way across. (Hope this description makes sense), and will strengthen the clip when inward pressure is accidentally applied.

I did like the way the holster felt and it was nice to have it sit closer to my body than the Seidio leather holster for skinned Treos. (that's another flawed case, IMHO, I will be happy to comment elsewhere if asked).
    What is your order number ?

David chang
    dsc@seidio.com
    This just happened. After getting a call, I was replacing the 650 in the holster when the clip on top just came off. Broken. !!! I am sure I did not exert any undue pressure. It is 3 days old. !!!
    I always use both hands to get it out of and into the holster.
    This is the holster which I got with the kit - Skin+ holster + back cover.

David, the clip is attached to the holster by two VERY small points of attachment, which is the weak point as somebody already has pointed out.
    I request this be remedied and my holster replaced as this appears to be a design flaw.
    I can provide pics if you want.
    Sorry about the double post, but I am very upset.
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio
    What is your order number ?

David chang
    dsc@seidio.com
    David, thanks - I've responded via PM.
  19.    #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by Aviator
    This just happened. After getting a call, I was replacing the 650 in the holster when the clip on top just came off. Broken. !!! I am sure I did not exert any undue pressure. It is 3 days old. !!!
    I always use both hands to get it out of and into the holster.
    This is the holster which I got with the kit - Skin+ holster + back cover.

David, the clip is attached to the holster by two VERY small points of attachment, which is the weak point as somebody already has pointed out.
    I request this be remedied and my holster replaced as this appears to be a design flaw.
    I can provide pics if you want.
    Sorry about the double post, but I am very upset.
    An replacement will be sent out today, please give me your order number.

David Chang
    Seidio
    dsc@seidio.com
    David, please check your email. Have sent you the pictures and a detailed note. I wish I knew how to attach pics here - when I click on upload the page does not load. ???
    Or I can send it to some one who knows how.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast