1.    #1  
    Dont laugh me out of the forum here, but I need a card reader (I think) and have no idea what to look for and how they work.

I have been enjoying Pocket Tunes & music on my 600, but hotsynching takes a REALLY long time and Windows Media Player crashes on copying most songs to my device. The Pocket Tunes people suggested a card reader for faster installation of music files to my card.

How does a card reader work? What should I look for in a good one?

Thanks.

Cory
    Go to Wal-Mart and they should have them in the electronics section. Basically, a card reader is a little device that connects to a USB or firewire port and that has a slot to insert your card(s). Most have slots for more than just one type of flash card and some can even be installed in a drive bay the size of the one your floppy drive is in.

First search result for "card reader" on Google:

http://www.xpcgear.com/memorycard.html
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    Get the Sandisk MobileMate SD. I use the JumpDrive Trio from Lexar, which reads both SD and Memory Stick cards.
    A new breed of 20MB/s cardbus based card readers (great for laptops) are starting to become available that are faster than USB based card readers.

I'm trying to get hold of the Panasonic PRO High Speed (BN-SDDAP3) but as yet it is only available in Japan:
    http://www.amazon.co.jp/exec/obidos/...056806-4909553

Another possibility would be the one from Delkin:
    http://www.delkin.com/store/catalog/...e_Digital.html
    Quote Originally Posted by naivete
    Get the Sandisk MobileMate SD. I use the JumpDrive Trio from Lexar, which reads both SD and Memory Stick cards.
    I use the SanDisk MobileMate Sd as well. It will accommodate the following:
    SD, mSD, MMC, RS-MMC, TF.

Wife's new laptop arriving soon with card reader built in. Her desktop was lost in Katrina. My laptop was with me.

Built in card readers are so convenient.

Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Hi,

I thought I needed a card reader too but then I downloaded Card Export II, it sets the expansion card up as another drive accessed my pc, essentially using my treo 650 as a card reader. It has worked for me at least and might be an alternative solution for you.

Good luck,
    Lee
    Quote Originally Posted by LeePadgett
    Hi,

I thought I needed a card reader too but then I downloaded Card Export II, it sets the expansion card up as another drive accessed my pc, essentially using my treo 650 as a card reader. It has worked for me at least and might be an alternative solution for you.

Good luck,
    Lee
    Works great, but much slower than any card reader on the market. I got one for $15 at Radio Shack that can read SD, CF and Sony Memory sticks.
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein
    So Card Export II makes the Treo 650 plug and play just like any old card reader? The only problem then is that the Treo 650 isn't USB2.0 like many of those cheap SD card readers.