Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    Great price! Thanks for sharing.
    Really GREAT Deal!

Just ordered mine...

Thanks kv5137 !!
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    I have the 1G version, and just started having big problems with it (3 months old maybe). I have had to reformat the card at least three times because of corrupt folders. Also, I popped it out the other day (hardly ever remove it from Treo) and it literally fell apart in my hands! I had to tape it back together. Other reviews on NewEgg where I bought it are showing similar trends.

Just letting everyone know that I'm finally forced to admit that cheaper might not be better... Crap.
    Dunno about that. All the A-Data SD cards have pretty good customer ratings:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...ubmit=Property

Also, I know it's only 64MB, but Fry's has Legacy brand 64MB SD cards for only $4.99. I got one just for installing my custom ROMS.
    Speaking of Frys...I saw the 1 gig for 49.99 with no rebate.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    I have a 128 card. What is the best way to transfer all the apps I have from that card to the new 2 gig card???
    "Actions speak louder than words!"

REX >Palm III > Palm IIIc > Palm V> Palm m505 >Kyo 7135> Treo 650> ARTIC Treo 680> and finally to the Centro!!!
    Copy all files to PC and then to the new card (using a card reader or CardExport which turns your Treo into a card reader).
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Damn. I brought the same card from newegg for 130. ;_;
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi
    Dunno about that. All the A-Data SD cards have pretty good customer ratings:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...ubmit=Property
    Just stating my experience and trying to help. Check these reviews out (for 1G card) "easily corrupted" seems to be a common theme. NEVER had issues like this with SanDisk, Viking, Lexar, etc...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/CustRa...esize=50&Page=
    Another alternative is ebay. I just picked up a 2 gig Sandisk for the same price, without having to mail in any rebates.
    I found a 2 GB PNY at Compusa on Thanksgiving night at midnight for $80 after a $60 rebate...
    FullThrottleDave
    --
    Cingular Treo 650 (locked) bought 05/2005
    Quote Originally Posted by FullThrotleDave
    I found a 2 GB PNY at Compusa on Thanksgiving night at midnight for $80 after a $60 rebate...
    Nice...was the line worth it or did you not have to fight anyone.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

I got there at 11:45 and the line was 250-350 people waiting in the rain for the doors to open. They let everyone in at midnight and I stood in front of the counter in front of the SD cards and when someone got the guy to open I asked and he handed it to me. I had it within 10 minutes of getting in the store. About 20 minutes to check out....
    FullThrottleDave
    --
    Cingular Treo 650 (locked) bought 05/2005
    Quote Originally Posted by FullThrotleDave
    I got there at 11:45 and the line was 250-350 people waiting in the rain for the doors to open. They let everyone in at midnight and I stood in front of the counter in front of the SD cards and when someone got the guy to open I asked and he handed it to me. I had it within 10 minutes of getting in the store. About 20 minutes to check out....
    That doesnt sound like that bad of an experience.

For the record, I take back my suggestion of buying on Ebay. I received my card, and it was defective (a Sandisk one). Although the seller I bought from said he would replace it, it almost seems more worth it to buy at a local store, just in case.
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80
    For the record, I take back my suggestion of buying on Ebay. I received my card, and it was defective (a Sandisk one). Although the seller I bought from said he would replace it, it almost seems more worth it to buy at a local store, just in case.
    I just had the same experience...corrupt card which the seller is replacing..fingers are crossed...
    Technology Rules!
    Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Palm Centro