Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Chatter
    What's so special about BB Connect? (It's a serious question).

Marc
    Assuming it works as advertised (nobody can say any of this for sure until it is released and tested), the appeal of BB Connect is:

1. Works in conjunction with BES, therefore in-line with the remote access policies of many corporations.

2. Works with something OTHER THAN Exchange, like Lotus Notes for example.

3. Allows access to Calendar functions, such as accepting invites.

At least, these are the reasons I will likely try it if/when it is ever available.
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein
    That's pretty much spot on, Jo. To expand on what you said, and for Marc -- there are other enterprise email solutions such as Groupwise. I know for a fact that there are several major law firms in NYC that use GW in conjunction with BES for secure wireless email solutions. Like Jo mentioned, something other than Exchange is key here -- at least in my (our) world.

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraOrdinaryJo
    Assuming it works as advertised (nobody can say any of this for sure until it is released and tested), the appeal of BB Connect is:

1. Works in conjunction with BES, therefore in-line with the remote access policies of many corporations.

2. Works with something OTHER THAN Exchange, like Lotus Notes for example.

3. Allows access to Calendar functions, such as accepting invites.

At least, these are the reasons I will likely try it if/when it is ever available.
    Quote Originally Posted by txschafers
    For me BB connect will not only give the mail functionality but the calendar and contact look up from the corporate directory. Also inviting people to meetings is a big plus. No one has a working solution for this on the Treo. I love my 650 but am testnig an 8700c right now and it is amayzing!
    Actually, GoodLink provides both of these features for the Treo 650. Not trying to hijack the thread, just want to clarify there is a solution that does what you are talking about (GAL look up and calendar invites) on Exchange. No, no GW or Notes solution, though.
    I'm pretty sure we all know about Good...I know it's hard for you to refrain, but can you not pimp it in EVERY Blackberry thread?
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein
    I'm pretty sure we all know about Good...I know it's hard for you to refrain, but can you not pimp it in EVERY Blackberry thread?
    agreed.
    rotflmao!

I know it's hard for you to refrain, but can you not pimp it in EVERY Blackberry thread?
    What's so special about BB Connect? (It's a serious question).

Marc
    The push e-mail along with calendar sync and corporate address look up. The only reason I am still testing this 8700 is because of the full functionality. I simply do not have that with my Treo. Activesync finally works after the last ROM update from Cingular but the PIM functionality, e-mail and calendar work with no crashes on the BB. Not sold on it yet and will probably send it back the end of the month and wait for BB connect. However, the 8700c is the best BB I have ever used. It is head and shoulders above the 7290 and 7100g
    txschaefers - Chatter will have those things, but not for a little while yet. Of course, BB Connect isn't exactly here either...

Marc
    txschaefers - Chatter will have those things, but not for a little while yet. Of course, BB Connect isn't exactly here either...

Marc
    Treu.....that would be fantastic!!!
    By "those things" do you mean to say that Chatter will eventually have Calendar sync?
    That's my hope.

Marc
    That's my hope.

Marc
    Now THAT will be cool. I am a Chatter true believer, but I have a hard time converting co-workers who need/want calendar sync.

Any hint as to timing?

Kelly
    Not sure re: timing. I'll know more in the next week or so.

Marc
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    Will Calendar Sync support categories? Goodlink and Wireless Sync did not and so I could never sync calendar due to that.
    hopefully BB Connect will not hog the ram as bad as some other applications...
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12