1.    #1  
    Please tell me how it goes.

I count on looking back days later at the sent folder to confirm that I remembered to send email.

I switched my smtp from gmail to fastmail because gmail doesnt like attachments coming from my PPC 6700. Now I cant save sent email in the sent folder.

Which is correct?

A) Does IMAP not save sent email in sent folder on the handheld?

B) Is it just fastmail that does not save sent email in sent folder?

C) Or does it depend on the email client to allow saving sent email with fastmail or another IMAP?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tem
    Please tell me how it goes.

I count on looking back days later at the sent folder to confirm that I remembered to send email.

I switched my smtp from gmail to fastmail because gmail doesnt like attachments coming from my PPC 6700. Now I cant save sent email in the sent folder.

Which is correct?

A) Does IMAP not save sent email in sent folder on the handheld?

B) Is it just fastmail that does not save sent email in sent folder?

C) Or does it depend on the email client to allow saving sent email with fastmail or another IMAP?
    I am using FastMail (IMAP) and Chatter so my answers are from that perspective.

A) In my case, FastMail saves sent items to the Treo Sent folder on my Treo. This is the case regardless of whether I use the Yahoo or FastMail SMTP server.

B) FastMail saves to the sent folder for me.

C) Dunno.

Also, in Chatter you can edit your mailbox options, select the Other tab and check the "Upload sent items to..." box then specify a folder to receive sent items. Then make sure you have a mailbox in Chatter for that folder.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for the reply. Man do I miss Chatter!

So MarkY you use fastmails smtp and it saves sent mail on the fastmail server?

If it only saves on the handheld it would reason that it is a fastmail issue alleviated by the wonderful amenities of Chatter.

Is there a free IMAP SMTP I can try? Or does anyone use a IMAP other than fastmail that can check to see if sent mail is saved on the server?