1.    #1  
    Come on someone PleAsE feed me a bread crumb with which to work so I can begin the process of using my Sprint 650 to view web pages on my tungsten T3 pda.

Had done a post prior but no replies and have tried to do various settings/things between the two devices but only have been able to get the bluetooth sync between the units at this time.

Should anyone wish to offer to help I would then provide more info on what I have done and what questions I have, just send me a message and I will reply.

Honest, I think it would be great if I could surf the web on the T3 using the 650 as the data isp? but I need assistance to understand how to configure them to work together.

Palm had some info but not enough for me to make it work
    thanks
    It's been a year now, but I had a T3 paired with a Sony Ericsson 626 bluetooth phone to do my Internet browsing, but I was on AT&T (now Cingular, now SBC/AT&T again) at that time.

I had to do two things:

1. Pair the devices.
    2. Set Blazer's (or was it Web Browser Pro on the T3) network connection on the T3 to call the appropriate (using the bluetooth phone) Cingular number to get me patched thru to my data plan. You needed three things to put into this network connection setup on the T3: the telephone number to call, your network userid, and your password.

Not sure how to do it on Sprint. I would visit a store with a reliable tech, or call Sprint Tech support on how to "connect to your SprintPCS Vision plan with your Tungsten T3 PDA using a paired Bluetooth phone." Only later - tell them "Oh, by the way, the bluetooth phone is a Treo 650."

Good Luck.

Anybody else?

Cheers, Perry.
    Last edited by gtwo; 12/02/2005 at 09:10 AM.
    As I mentioned before, I used to have a T3 and had it setup to browse through my Nokia 6820. I have the Palm Bluetooth Pairing Guide that shows you how to set this up on the Tungsten T series handheld. The only thing you would have to play with is which phone you pick to use as the driver on the T3.

I am not sure if you are asking how to setup the T3 to browse the web through a Bluetooth enabled phone or if you know how to do that and you are having specific problems getting this to work with the 650.

If you think the guide would be useful, I can PM it to you.
  4.    #4  
    I'm not really sure how to do either though in this instance my goal is to use the web pro browser on the T3 to view web pages using the data connection that I have on my Sprint 650 cell phone. I downloaded some files from palm that was suppose to allow me to pick the treo 650 from a list but I don't see it.

If I go to the Preferences area on the T3 then pick Connection it displays a zillion of connection options (IR to phone, Ser to phone, Bt to phone, Bt to generic GSM, etc) with 'phone' being actual models such as Siemens S55, Nokia 6310i, ect but not treo listed).

When I look at the Network area on the T3 I get to pick at&T, compuserve, earthlink, psinet (not sure if I created that one or not), unix, ect.

Not sure just what I need to setup or how to interface the T3 with the sprint 650 or how to get the sprint dailup number the T3 needs.

I thought I would need to only sync the bluetooth between both units (which I have been able to do) then somehow setup the connection/network so I could surf the web on the T3, I assume, while I have a live connection to the net on the sprint 650.

Yes, you can tell I'm a bit lost in all this
    Quote Originally Posted by motor
    I'm not really sure how to do either though in this instance my goal is to use the web pro browser on the T3 to view web pages using the data connection that I have on my Sprint 650 cell phone. I downloaded some files from palm that was suppose to allow me to pick the treo 650 from a list but I don't see it.

If I go to the Preferences area on the T3 then pick Connection it displays a zillion of connection options (IR to phone, Ser to phone, Bt to phone, Bt to generic GSM, etc) with 'phone' being actual models such as Siemens S55, Nokia 6310i, ect but not treo listed).

When I look at the Network area on the T3 I get to pick at&T, compuserve, earthlink, psinet (not sure if I created that one or not), unix, ect.

Not sure just what I need to setup or how to interface the T3 with the sprint 650 or how to get the sprint dailup number the T3 needs.

I thought I would need to only sync the bluetooth between both units (which I have been able to do) then somehow setup the connection/network so I could surf the web on the T3, I assume, while I have a live connection to the net on the sprint 650.

Yes, you can tell I'm a bit lost in all this
    As I recall, in the connection section of preferences area on the T3 -- you need to select "bt to phone" and then be able to find Treo 650 in that drop down list to select as the "phone" you are connecting with. Then you have to ask Sprint how to tell the T3 to dial into PCSVision.

Two things going on here. Your Treo 650 is automatically set to access PCSVision when you select a data using application on your Treo 650. I do not believe you can simply "tap" into this connection with your T3. You have to set up your T3 to access PCSVision thru a bluetooth phone, which just happens to be a Treo 650. This is the rub, in this case the Treo is the intermediary or data conduit between the T3 and PCSVision and not the "using" device per se.

1. You need to get those downloaded drivers for the T3 to show the 650 as an option, and
    2. You need to find out how to set the software on the T3 to access PCSVision by just using the 650 as a bluetooth phone and not as a "Web Enabled Device."

Good luck! Since you "found" drivers for your T3 to connect to a "Treo650 bluetooth phone", there must be a way to do this. I had to have the Tech at the AT&T store do it for me the first time -- when I did this with my T3 thru the Sony Ericsson 616/626. (And maybe even there is a way to "tap" into the Treo's PCSVision access.) No matter the technique or actual "path" of the set up -- there has to be a way. You just need to find the right tech at Palm, Sprint or a Sprint store.
    Last edited by gtwo; 12/02/2005 at 12:16 PM.
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    I don't have any experience with the T3, but I have plenty with BT DUN on a Sprint 650. I'd imagine the Treo side is the same, regardless of whether you're using it as a modem for a laptop or a Tungsten. A few bits of advice:

1. Make sure you have BT DUN enabled on the Treo (Prefs -> Bluetooth).
    2. The dial-up number for Sprint is #777.
    3. User ID is your Sprint PCS email address (username@sprintpcs.com).
    4. Password is your Vision password.

Good luck!
    ... Als sie mich holten, gab es keinen mehr, der protestieren konnte.
    ... Then they came for me, and there was no one left to speak out.
    -- Rev. Martin Niemöller

Clie T615C + Nokia 6360 (SunCom) --> Treo 650 (Sprint) --> Treo 755p (Sprint) + BlackBerry 7130e (VZW)
    Palm (aka Plantronics) Ultralight Wireless headset
    Helix Holster
    I think you can use the 650 as a modem for the T3 via BT DUN using an app called Wireless Modem from Notifmail:

http://www.notifymail.com/palm/wmodem/

I recall people used this app alot pre-launch of pdanet. Many users had reported success connecting their pdas to the treo 600 via IR as modems. I imagine you might be able to do the same via BT. Email Scott Gruby for more info...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  8.    #8  
    thanks everyone was able to get my t3 to do a dailup connection to my sprint 650
  9.    #9  
    thanks everyone. was able to get my t3 to do a dailup connection to my sprint 650 today
    Hello. I just got a T3 and I am trying to pair it with my Treo 650 as you had attempted to previously. You were finally able to establish a dialup connection but you didn't indicate exactly how. Would you mind specifying how you pulled it off?
    Last edited by dietrichb; 07/13/2006 at 03:59 PM.