1.    #1  
    I've been using takephone on pda phones for a long time. I've also used a lot of regular phones. I guess I still find the 5way navigation and phone button usage in takephone a little ackward.

I'd really like to be able to use the phone button to make a call. I'm constantly having to remember to use the center button. sometimes I input a phone # or lookup an entry and hit phone and lose the #.

I guess I'd really like to set up my treo and takephone to function like a normal phone. ie.. phone button calls. maybe right,left,up,down on the 5way can be assigned to views in takephone instead of the phone button.

not sure how feasible this is...or if this is just me. any one else? if this is just me.... please ignore the request.
    mogulman,

I'm assuming you have a 600? I have experienced the same problem when I'm in a hurry. I figured it was just a learning curve. I don't know if it will help, but you might try turning off the "phone button loops through" preference. And either use the screen softkeys or the 5-way to get to the other screens (also, Shimon has a shortcuts freeware that I haven't tried but might help). It won't help you call with the phone button but at least you won't lose your number.

As far as changing the use of the phone button, I'm not sure if that would help in my case. Unless it could detect when a number has been typed in manually and use the phone button to call just in that case. That might be a cool preference.
  3.    #3  
    I'm using a 650.

I think Shimon coded something to enable usage of the phone button on the samsung i500 when I used to use Takephone on it. It really made things easier.
    Quote Originally Posted by mogulman
    I'm using a 650.

I think Shimon coded something to enable usage of the phone button on the samsung i500 when I used to use Takephone on it. It really made things easier.
    OK,OK-I give up.

Between you guys and my wife I have to admit - the PHONE button should work like that...

I will add this as an option as soon as I have the time.
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com
  5.    #5  
    Heheh... Thanks Shimon!! If only the Treo 650 had more application buttons like the Samsung i500. Then we'd have plenty of extra buttons.