1.    #1  
    I keep my treo650 on my left pant pocket and sometimes next to my ear when not using the bluetooth or the wired headset when talking. I won't be surprised if my left nut and the sides of my head spawn some kind of cancerous growth...

I have my treo650 around the house and this thing radiates so much electro something that it causes noise on my baby monitor's speakers, my alarm clocks, and my computer screen. man, did they crank up the setting on the phone antenna output ?? I could get all sorts of noises through anything with speakers depending on how and where i place this phone around the house. When I'm about to sleep, I have to strategically place my treo650 in different places in my bedroom because of the noise it generates through my am/fm/alarm clock !!!

Anyone else with the same problem. I have a feeling that this phone emits the worse amount of electro waves (harmful to body) than any other cell phones.. I had several different kinds of cell phones and this treo650 is a monster when it comes to interference of electronic components.
    me, I bet you have a gsm treo.... many gsm phone does this(cdma won't, different radio technologh), the treo is a particularly severe one. weather it is harmful to health is still being debated.
    I read somewhere that the treo650 is one of the top 10 cell phone which has the highest radiation.
    CNet lists the GSM Treo 650 in the top 10 based on the FCC SAR rating. You can look up the FCC record of the SAR levels here
    Has your cat (or dog--I can't tell) been near your phone too much as well?

CDMA Phone through Sprint and I never have had a problem. I notice other peopeles reg. cell phones affecting my speakers in my office but nothing from my phone.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by treozero
    Has your cat (or dog--I can't tell) been near your phone too much as well?

CDMA Phone through Sprint and I never have had a problem. I notice other peopeles reg. cell phones affecting my speakers in my office but nothing from my phone.
    That is not a picture of a dog or cat that is 3xthreat after 56 straight hours on the treo. Way to much radiation
  7.    #7  
    yep, that's me with lots of coffee too staying up for 56 hours. I got hooked on Bejeweled. The phone is definitely effecting me..
    I recently switched from T-mobile to Cingular and I have more interference with Cingular. I had my Treo with T-mobile for about 8 months and never noticed anything. I put the Cingular SIM in about 2 weeks ago, and I have noticed interference multiple times already. Same phone - new SIM - has anyone else noticed anything similar?

Also, on an unrelated note, when I put in my Cingular SIM, my Blazer homepage was automatically changed to a Cingular page. Kind of annoying.
    I have the GSM model and also experience all types of interference...in my car, at home with my PC, TV....you name it. Love the Treo though!!
    well, one day we can sue PALM for brain cancer and leave the $$$ to our children (grandchildren)
    I've heard that the farther you are from a cell tower, the higher the power your cell phone emits to stay available or connected. So maybe one shouldn't hold their 650 near their head for long periods when it's showing only one bar. That's when the speaker phone function might come in handy.

I wound my headset cable thru a ferrite toroid (which should absorb much of the RF energy before it gets near the earbud.)
    On occassion I notice some noise in a computer speaker when a call is coming in, but nothing routinely. However, I don't think it is solely a Treo GSM issue. We used to joke around the office that someone was getting a cell phone call because several PC's would get start humming and crackling just before a phone would ring; and that was before anyone had a Treo in the office.
    Unlocked/Unbranded GSM Treo 650
    1.71/1.30 ENA, HW A
    T-Mobile Total Internet
    Quote Originally Posted by gregb882
    On occassion I notice some noise in a computer speaker when a call is coming in, but nothing routinely. However, I don't think it is solely a Treo GSM issue. We used to joke around the office that someone was getting a cell phone call because several PC's would get start humming and crackling just before a phone would ring; and that was before anyone had a Treo in the office.
    Ditto
    i think the radio in the 650 is made by Motorola so Motorola is consistent with their power outupt
    This is a very common occurance on GSM, primarilly on the 850 MHz band (hence why the problem was not noticed on T-Mobile).
    Soylent Green Is People

My Current Weather For Vancouver, BC
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmythemoose
    I recently switched from T-mobile to Cingular and I have more interference with Cingular. I had my Treo with T-mobile for about 8 months and never noticed anything. I put the Cingular SIM in about 2 weeks ago, and I have noticed interference multiple times already. Same phone - new SIM - has anyone else noticed anything similar?
    I had the same thing happen for me with my old Treo 600. I had been using Tmobile for months with no problems, then I put a Cingular SIM in it and everything around me started chirping and buzzing. I use Chatter Email so it is often sending and receiving data so I get the interferance all the time. It drives me nucking futs. I can't believe that this incredible Treo community hasn't come up with a solution for this yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3xthreat
    When I'm about to sleep, I have to strategically place my treo650 in different places in my bedroom because of the noise it generates through my am/fm/alarm clock !!!
    I'll solve that problem twice for ya.

http://www.treoalarm.com/

WIth TA you can turn off your alarm clock and use the Treo to wake you up. You can also use TA to turn your phone radio off automatically at sleepie time and turn it back on when you wake up.....as well as get the weather forecast, and set the Treos clock.