1.    #1  
    After trying to contact tomtom for 3 days (no response to my email) to ask a pre-sale question, they finally called me back and told me that if I purchase the Navigator 5 software, the license is not transferrable. So if I don't like it (there is no demo), I can sell it, but the buyer can NOT register it under their own name and therefore won't be able to get a support from the company.

I find this totally outrageous and unreasonable policy. I have Mapopolis Navigator and I would like to compare the two. There is no review of the 2 programs and their maps, so its a big gamble.

I have read enough about problems with tomtom and I don't want to throw $180 out the window if I don't like it. Treo users should be aware of this draconian policy before buying tomtom software.
    yeah... but the software works really well.. It is the best routing/mapping software out there for the Palm OS.
    Quote Originally Posted by tomm
    I find this totally outrageous and unreasonable policy. I have Mapopolis Navigator and I would like to compare the two. There is no review of the 2 programs and their maps, so its a big gamble.

I have read enough about problems with tomtom and I don't want to throw $180 out the window if I don't like it. Treo users should be aware of this draconian policy before buying tomtom software.
    Take a look on pocketGPSworld and I think there are reviews of both on there.

I've tried Mapopolis & couldn't get on with it. I've used Tom Tom Navigator for over 30,000 miles over the last 13 months, on both my T3 & treo 650 (& treo 600 very briefly - too slow).

Their latest release is the best version they have released by far. I now have NO problems with it, other than the usual map errors which all mapping software suffer from.
    Unlocked GSM Treo 650, Holux GPSlim236 GPS BT receiver & Tom Tom v5.201
    New update

* Improved phone functionality for your device. See the compatibility list for more information.

http://www.tomtom.com/support/index....age=1&FID=3361

Al