1.    #1  
    I did a search and couldn't find an answer. I bought Pocketmirror XT to actually get a hotsync to work with Outlook (ticked me off that this was necessary).

I'd like to keep both my Treo and my wife's Treo in sync (contacts, calendar etc.). How can I do this?
    Atlas Just Shrugged!
    1. If you want to sync to the same calendar and contacts then it's simple - you must have two unique user id's for each phone. Assuming you've set up one already - open chapura settings>new user> give this second device a user name and then go to settings. It should ask you for an Outlook user profile - choose the same one as your user name. This will set up Chapura to sync the same data to each device.

If you want to have seperate data - then you'll need separate "categories" - the following instruction are copied from the PMP XT help file and should be self explanatory.

PocketMirror lets you maintain multiple calendars.

First, you must add the other user's calendar folder to your Outlook profile. To do this:

1. In Outlook, click "Tools/Options...".
    2. Click the "Mail Setup" tab.
    3. Click the "Data Files..." button. Then, click the "Add..." button.
    4. Click "OK."
    5. Select the .pst file you want to add to your Outlook profile and click "OK."
    6. Click "OK," "Close," "Close," and "OK."

To view the Personal folder you have just created in Outlook, click on "View/Folder List".

Next, you must set up PocketMirror. (It is recommended to synchronize your data before performing the following steps):

7. Go to "PocketMirror Settings" by clicking “Start/Programs/PocketMirror XT/PocketMirror XT Settings”.
    8. From the “Chapura Settings” screen, select the handheld user name you want to edit, and click on the “Settings” button.
    9. From the “Change Synchronization Preferences” screen, select the "Outlook Calendar" application and click on the “Change” button.
    10. From the "Preference Settings for Outlook…” screen, under "Select Topic Below" on the left, choose the Categories/Folders topic.

Next, you must set up a category link to your other calendar folder:

11. From the "Categories/Folders" screen, click on the "Advanced" button.
    12. From the "Category Links" screen, click on the "New" button.
    13. On the "Handheld Category" screen, enter the name of the new category for the calendar you are adding. (e.g. "Wife's Calendar"), and click on the "Next" button.
    14. From the "Synchronization Type" screen, select to "Synchronize", have "Outlook overwrite the Handheld", or "Keep the information on the Handheld Only". Then, click on the "Next" button.
    15. From the "Outlook Folder Selection" screen, find the "Personal Folders" folder you created, select "Calendar", and click on the "Next" button.

16. From the "First Synchronization Option" screen, choose how PocketMirror will first synchronize your data. Then click on the "Next" button.
    17. From the "Summary" screen you can view your choices. Click on the "Finish" button.
    18. Exit PocketMirror Settings, and synchronize.

See also: About Chapura Settings
    Change Synchronization Preferences
    Handheld category = Outlook subfolder
    Categories/Folders
    Category Links

Copyright © 1997-2004 Chapura, Inc. Chapura and the Chapura logo are registered trademarks of Chapura, Inc. All other marks are property of their respective owners.
    Moose Man
    Welcome my son, welcome to the machine.
    iPhone 3G, Treo 750, 680, 650, 600 and T5, T3, T, M515, M505, Vx, V, Prizm, Visor, IIIc, IIIe, Palm Pilot Professional, Palm Pilot (ok boys and girls a whopping 128k of memory - those were the days) and former Palm Beta tester.
  3.    #3  
    Thank you. We want to keep our calendars and contacts in sync. I started to do it last night, but ran out of time (kids seem to do that to you). I probably could have figured that out, but this will save me some time.
    Atlas Just Shrugged!
    I think you can also do this with livesync:

http://www.livepim.com/livesync/index.htm

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    rsgmoose -
    I don't think, per the first post, that the 650 comes with any Pocketmirror program. I though have a T3 palm and for some reason thought it might have. I saw gfunkmagic's post concerning livesync and may check that out but would rather not spend the money if I did not have too.

I sync my 650 with outlook on my home pc. At work we use Outlook also. Could I simply install the 650 software at work, using the same device name, and then when I first sync with the work pc tell the palm sync install screen to do the following:
    #1) use Outlook instead of the palm desktop for syning
    #2) have the work pc desktop Outlook only send (i.e. add) calendar, task, appts to the 650 but not to over write anything already on the 650.

I want to say the quick answer to the above is yes, no problem, but not 100% sure.
    This of course means my home pc would have all the 650 work related items sync'd to it in outlook app but that would be exactly what I would want as well. Just do not want my home outlook items to be copied over to the work pc.
    thanks for an info and yes I should already know the answer. I noticed the T3 and 650 use differnet names for for the outlook items (mail, calendar, notes) plus I thought the T3 used other conduit software then the standard palm syn conduit.

thanks all
    Correct Pocket Mirror Pro XT does not come with the 650. Convbcuda stated he'd bought it.

The T3 was the first device to sync to Outlook with Palm supplied conduits because of the enhanced PIM databases.

You can sync to two different computers using the native sync conduits but the handling of the data is not, IMHO, as well done if you were using PMPXT.

You should be able to install your PalmDesktop software on your work computer - skip the first sync (because by default it will sync) and then setup the conduits to sync via any fashion that you choose. If you don't want the Calendar from the 650 on your work computer then you'll have to set that conduit to "do nothing".

Your first sync to your office computer is critical - you'll have to have something set to "overwrite" - Hot Sync does not allow for anything other than "do nothing", Overwrite Handheld, Ovewrite Desktop - there is no option to do a Partial Overwrite.

Pocket Mirror Pro XT, IMHO, handles hot syncing much better than the default Palm conduits that ship with the Treo...or for that matter most of the later Palm devices. You don't have to buy it to do what you want to do but you may want to review this forum for how many people prefer to use it. And how many people - it solves their Outlook sync issues.
    Moose Man
    Welcome my son, welcome to the machine.
    iPhone 3G, Treo 750, 680, 650, 600 and T5, T3, T, M515, M505, Vx, V, Prizm, Visor, IIIc, IIIe, Palm Pilot Professional, Palm Pilot (ok boys and girls a whopping 128k of memory - those were the days) and former Palm Beta tester.