Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Is the headphone jack on your Treo 650 broken? Do you have to constantly plug in and take out headphone sets to listen to music or talk on the phone? If so, and your jack isn’t broken, it probably will with extended use. If you are looking for a solution now, Seidio is proud to announce the development of our Connector Type Audio Adaptor. It is basically a dongle type of device that fits securely to the connector dock of your Treo 650 and has a 3.25” cable terminating in a 3.5mm female audio jack. Though you will be able to use any native 3.5mm headsets without an adaptor for listening to audio, if you want to be able to answer your phone via headset as well, you will probably want to opt for one of our popular 2 in 1 family of headsets with one of our 3.5mm male to 2.5mm female adaptors. It is very sturdily constructed and the total length from connector to end of the 3.5mm jack is about 4.5”. You won’t be able to hotsync or charge your Treo using this product, but you will certainly be able to use your headset again. This product is available for purchase at https://secure-checkout59.monstercommerce.com/2685409205/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=227. For more information, please contact: jingzhang@seidio.com

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c1...sd/adaptor.jpg
    Last edited by seidioseidio; 12/09/2005 at 12:23 PM.
    Looks nice, but since I already got a good 2.5mm headset, I would really prefer a version of this adapter with 2.5mm audio jack...
    Pilot Pro > 2Mb+IrDA upgrade > Clie T615C > Treo 650
    Nice job..

How much?

When?
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    What about one that's just the connector part that plugs into the bottom of the Treo 650 and has the 3.5mm headphone jack mounted sideways so that we can put it in our pocket more easily?
    does this adapter have the impedance fix?
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi
    What about one that's just the connector part that plugs into the bottom of the Treo 650 and has the 3.5mm headphone jack mounted sideways so that we can put it in our pocket more easily?
    We're looking at extending this family of products and I'll post here when I have more information. We are looking at all user feedback and will try to implement the most important requests. There should be no impedance issue with this adaptor. Price and availability will be posted as soon as we have product to ship in stock.
    Has anyone confirmed the sound quality of this compared to using the standard 3.5mm male to 2.5mm female adaptor? I generally listen to podcats and if the sound quality is better, I may pick one of these up depending on price.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad
    Nice job..

How much?

When?

When:

Next Tuesday or Wednesday

How Much : $ 10.95

David Chang
    Seidio
    dsc@seidio.com
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio
    There should be no impedance issue with this adaptor.
    Does that mean it has the fix, or that is does not create an impedance problem? Would be cool if it could be pluggen into my powered speakers.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by nonobeez
    Does that mean it has the fix, or that is does not create an impedance problem? Would be cool if it could be pluggen into my powered speakers.
    HI nonobeez,

I like your site.

No, it just like 2.5 mm to 3.5 mm audio adaptor.If youhave any problem with impedance, use our audio coupler

http://www.seidioonline.com/index.as...PROD&ProdID=39

David Chang
    Seidio
    dsc@seidio.com
    David, I can't find a 3.5mm male to 2.5mm female adapter for Treo 650 on your site. Will the one at http://www.seidioonline.com/index.as...PROD&ProdID=95 work? I have a good 2.5mm headset which I would not like to replace -- that's why I'm asking. Thanks.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by ScudB
    David, I can't find a 3.5mm male to 2.5mm female adapter for Treo 650 on your site. Will the one at http://www.seidioonline.com/index.as...PROD&ProdID=95 work? I have a good 2.5mm headset which I would not like to replace -- that's why I'm asking. Thanks.
    Yes,

David Chang
  13.    #13  
    It will be on our site tommorow or the day after tomorrow.

David Chang
    Will this fit if you are using an i-Volution T66 case? If so count me sold!
    Will the hotsync connector that comes with the Treo 650 fit when it's in an i-volution T66 case? If so, then this should as the connector looks like it's the same size as the one on the Treo 650's included hotsync cable.
  16.    #16  
    It is available for purchase now !

http://www.seidioonline.com/index.as...ROD&ProdID=227

David Chang
    Seidio
    OK so help me understand please?

Is there a way to bring this down to a 2.5mm jack to maintain phone receptions as well? I just bought one of your 2 in 1 over the ear stereo headsets from TCentral and I want to use this as a solution vs the headset jack for fear it will go bad. How do I bring the 3.5 down to 2.5 while still allowing me to use it for phone conversations?

Does this jack allow for phone conversations if you can reduce it to 2.5?
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio
    It is available for purchase now !

http://www.seidioonline.com/index.as...ROD&ProdID=227

David Chang
    Seidio
    The webpage says:

If you want to be able to answer your phone via headset as well as listen to music, you will probably want to opt for one of our popular 2 in 1 family of headsets along with one of our 3.5mm male to 2.5mm female adaptors.
    Looking at the picture (and description) of the suggested adaptor at http://www.seidioonline.com/index.as...PROD&ProdID=95 I seriously doubt it would let one "answer the phone" -- it looks like purely stereo headphone (rather than headset) adaptor to me. Are you certain it has necessary wiring to answer the phone?
    Are you guys using an adapter for your adapter?

My edumacated guess would tell me that the connector type adapter is only good for listening to stereo music, or for the mono headset (with adapter #2), or for the the 2-in-1 with switch, the one designed for the Treo 600 (with adapter #2).

Just get the regular 2-in-1, if the jack fails and you have no warranty, take it to ge it repaired. Anyone with any hint of electronics repair knowledge should be able to repair it for a decent price.

What happens if you damage your multi-use connector?

my $.02...
    Quote Originally Posted by nonobeez
    Are you guys using an adapter for your adapter?

My edumacated guess would tell me that the connector type adapter is only good for listening to stereo music, or for the mono headset (with adapter #2), or for the the 2-in-1 with switch, the one designed for the Treo 600 (with adapter #2).

Just get the regular 2-in-1, if the jack fails and you have no warranty, take it to ge it repaired. Anyone with any hint of electronics repair knowledge should be able to repair it for a decent price.

What happens if you damage your multi-use connector?

my $.02...
    One could damage their multi-use connector via hotsyncing. It seems that its a bit more stable construction than the headset jack. Just looking for an alternative to the headphone jack so I dont have to worry about it breaking.

Thanks for lookin out for us tho!
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast