Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Would it make sense to make one with a power port similar to the regular sync cable so you can plug your power cable to it?
    That's what I'm trying to convince them:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=103600
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
  3. hrm
    Quote Originally Posted by nonobeez
    Aprasad

Your links are screwed up in your previous post.

To solve your "no mic" problem, take apart your seidio adapter and solder in a jumper between the two pins that are closest to the audio jack. This is a no compromise fix in that it will not disable anything else.

These two circuits are connected together when you insert a stereo headphone jack or a mono headset jack into the normal audio jack

Siedio needs to put more engineering and testing into their products. They could have also added an impedance fix to eliminate the "no switch" problem....
    Nonobeez:

are you saying put a jumper on the muticonnector pins or somewhere else? I don't have the sedio adapter, I built one kind of like the one MMT built and would like if possible to use the built in mic while the connector is in place and either with a headset or external speakers.

Also, what is the required resistance on the audio out pins in the multiconnector to make audio come out? It works great with headphones but when connected to my componenet system- it doesn't send it through the adapter, only the built in speaker. I can't quite determine what the min resistance needs to be. is it 8ohms?

Thanks.

hrm
    Quote Originally Posted by ScudB
    The webpage says:
    If you want to be able to answer your phone via headset as well as listen to music, you will probably want to opt for one of our popular 2 in 1 family of headsets along with one of our 3.5mm male to 2.5mm female adaptors.
    Looking at the picture (and description) of the suggested adaptor at http://www.seidioonline.com/index.as...PROD&ProdID=95 I seriously doubt it would let one "answer the phone" -- it looks like purely stereo headphone (rather than headset) adaptor to me. Are you certain it has necessary wiring to answer the phone?
    Interestingly, David Chang aka seidioseidio ignored my question, now I guess I know why: the "connector type adaptor" together with one of their 3.5mm male to 2.5mm female adaptors do not allow to answer the phone via headset. Looks like misrepresentation of the product to me.
    Pilot Pro > 2Mb+IrDA upgrade > Clie T615C > Treo 650
    hrm

I have a 3.5 mm jack on my phone, so I have the jumper internally. If you use an adapter, you need to connect the two pins on the multi-connector adapter closest to the audio jack. these pins are connected together when you use a 2.5 mm stereo headset and mono headset. Just mod your adapter and you are set.

as far as the impedance problem, I have a fi× but don't really want to share it. I plan on selling adapters with the fix in the future.

The impedance limit needed for audio is kinda high... like anywhre form 4-500 ohms or something like that will work. Check out my site, I have some info regarding that in my audio secrets post.
    Last edited by nonobeez; 01/28/2006 at 07:33 PM.
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
  6. hrm
    turns out a 10ohm resistor on each channel was enough.

This was in the audio peripherial section

(R)AOUT_MIN Minimum series resistance to
    ground on pins 14 and 15 8 - - Ohms

Works like a champ. I'll try to bridge those 2 pins. Thanks for the tips. I had read through your site and it was very helpful. Thanks.
    Aprasad
    To solve your "no mic" problem, take apart your seidio adapter and solder in a jumper between the two pins that are closest to the audio jack. This is a no compromise fix in that it will not disable anything else.

These two circuits are connected together when you insert a stereo headphone jack or a mono headset jack into the normal audio jack
    Thanks. I'll try to do that today.

I count 13 pins in the "data" portion of the Hotsync connector. I'll jumper the two pins the fartest away from the power connector (and closest to the 2.5mm audio jack).

Is the pin details of the Hotsync connector (whatever Palm is calling this connector) available somewhere?

Thanks for all your help.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
  8.    #48  
    Seidio has an audio adaptor design which allows you to answer the phone with Treo built in Mic. We have not started the production yet as I am sure the demand of this type of adaptor.

David Chang
    Seidio
    dsc@seidio.com
  9. hrm
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad
    Thanks. I'll try to do that today.

I count 13 pins in the "data" portion of the Hotsync connector. I'll jumper the two pins the fartest away from the power connector (and closest to the 2.5mm audio jack).

Is the pin details of the Hotsync connector (whatever Palm is calling this connector) available somewhere?

Thanks for all your help.
    the connector actually has 18 pins which include the contacts for the power connection. You are right there are about 13 or so that are part of the data connector. I attached a quick graphic from the palm development guide that details the pin numbering.

to use the built in mic you'd need to connect pins 17 and 16
    Attached Images Attached Images

Your fix worked wonderfully.

Thanks!
    (and to hrm for the connector diagram).
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    aprasad,

Glad to hear you got it working...
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
    Is the fit tight on these? I'd like to use one for the gym.
    Quote Originally Posted by smileyboy
    Is the fit tight on these? I'd like to use one for the gym.
    The seidio product that fits on the Hotsync connector fits quite well. Just like their new sync cables.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    I use mine in the gym. It does pretty good. Not perfect but pretty good.
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    When I received my first connector-type adapter from Seidio, I couldn't get any sound from the headphones unless I only partially inserted the 3.5 mm jack. If I held it "just so", I could get sound - but just look at the connector wrong & the sound went away.

I RMA'ed the first unit & got worse results from the 2nd unit - no sound at all, no matter how the 3.5 mm jack is inserted. Anybody else had this performance?

I've finally said "to h311 with it" & chalked it up to experience...
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123