Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Has anybody used this adapter yet? Care to post any opinions - specifically: how robust is the connection?

tdh
    Anyone? Seidio what has the feedback been so far?
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    I just got the adapter in yesterday and been using it. The sound quality seems the same as if you were using the 2.5mm port. I'm using the Seidio 2 in 1 headset with a 3.5mm to 2.5mm adapter.
    I purchased the Audio Adapter and then the 3.5 male to 2.5 female adapter but Seidio keeps sending me the wrong adapter. Twice now I have gotten a 2.5 male to 3.5 female adapter. So very aggravating. I've just sent Seidio another email I hope they can get it right this time!!!
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by NDPTAL85
    I purchased the Audio Adapter and then the 3.5 male to 2.5 female adapter but Seidio keeps sending me the wrong adapter. Twice now I have gotten a 2.5 male to 3.5 female adapter. So very aggravating. I've just sent Seidio another email I hope they can get it right this time!!!
    Please let me know your order #

David Chang
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio
    What does this do to the microphone of the Treo 650?

When I use a regular headphone (a sony one or the ipod earbuds) with a 2.5-> 3.5 mm adaptor in the headphone jack of the Treo, then I can answer incoming calls by hearing the other side in my headphones and using the mic. of the Treo 650 (held up near my face).

When using the above adapter, the other side complains that they can barely hear me. If I unplug the connector, everything is fine.

The connector works fine otherwise. The audio quality is very good.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    I just got mine today and while in the car and a tape player extension 3.5 to 3.5 connection the sound was VERY clear. The fit and finish was very tight. Ill post more when I get to use it as I had intended. (at the gym)
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hdhntr23
    I just got mine today and while in the car and a tape player extension 3.5 to 3.5 connection the sound was VERY clear. The fit and finish was very tight. Ill post more when I get to use it as I had intended. (at the gym)
    Tell us if you can use the Treo's microphone while the connector is plugged-in.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    I just got mine today and it only works if something is in the old audio jack. This is not a solution for me. Any ideas/settings I'm missing?
  10. MMT
    The regular audio jack has a physical switch that senses when something is plugged in and routes the audio to it. This multi-connector, on the other hand, has no physical switch and so the Treo relies on the electrical impedance (resistance?) of connected peripherals to decide to route audio out of it. Have you tried different headphones and/or speakers? Some work just fine, but others may require an additional adapter that Seidio sells for use with their Innodock for just this purpose. My headphones work fine, but if I try to connect my Treo to my home stereo it will not play sounds out the multi-connector because the Treo doesn't think there's anything attached.
    hey mmt...whats up with ur design. we're all looking forward to it.
    I'm BACK!!!
    Treo 650 -> Treo 755p-> iPhone 3g -> Palm Pre
    Thanks MMT, I pulled out the radio shack volume control piece I used for my 600 which had a similar problem and that did the trick.. It does look mildly ridiculous (Lots of connections), but it works, and that's all I really wanted.

So seido should know about this problem and hopefully create one where you don't have to do this workaround.

The sound is very good coming out of the adapter.
    Tell us if you can use the Treo's microphone while the connector is plugged-in.
    It didn't work for me when I tried it. I could get only stereo out, the Treo's internal mic wouldn't pick up. So if someone called me while I was using the adapter, I can hear the caller, but he/she couldn't hear me.

One other thing was that I could not use my BT Headset to for phone calls while the adapter was plugged in. That'd be really nice if I could have pTunes playing through my car stereo through the adapter, then switch to my BT headset if someone calls in. I'm on Sprint using a Treo Wireless Headset. Anyone else had any sucess using BT headsets with this adapter?
    Quote Originally Posted by tjphilpot
    It didn't work for me when I tried it. I could get only stereo out, the Treo's internal mic wouldn't pick up. So if someone called me while I was using the adapter, I can hear the caller, but he/she couldn't hear me.
    That's too bad. Same with me.

With the 2.5 mm to 3.5 mm converter, the microphone on the treo works with the headset plugged-in.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    I think it's because the headset jack has 4 connections (left, right, mic and ground). When you use stereo headset, the Treo's circuits know that you are only using stereo headsets (left,right and ground connections) and it's smart enough to allow the internal mic to still work.

I don't know if the Serial connector has mic connections, or if the Seidio adapter just doesn't include connectors for it. Ideally, I'd love a serial connector that terminates in a 2.5 mm jack that I could use my Treo wired headset with. I think it's possible, since Seidio's G4850M cradle doesn't include a plug that plugs into the headset jack, and it includes an external mic and speaker. So somehow the audio in and audio out both come through the serial port.
    I think it's because the headset jack has 4 connections (left, right, mic and ground). When you use stereo headset, the Treo's circuits know that you are only using stereo headsets (left,right and ground connections) and it's smart enough to allow the internal mic to still work.
    So when we plug-in the connector in http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...2&postcount=26 why does the Treo cut out it's microphone? We are clearly not plugging anything in the headset jack that would tell the Treo that a headset mic was active.

As for the serial connector in http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...2&postcount=26 Seidio suggests using their headset jack (4 connectors) if we want to use it (stereo headphone + mic) with this jack.

So, the same logic should apply to the connector in http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...2&postcount=26 That is: if you plug in just a stero headphones, the Treo mic should work. If you plug-in a (stereo headset+Mic) then it should disable the Treo mic.

But that is not how it's working right now ..
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Aprasad

Your links are screwed up in your previous post.

To solve your "no mic" problem, take apart your seidio adapter and solder in a jumper between the two pins that are closest to the audio jack. This is a no compromise fix in that it will not disable anything else.

These two circuits are connected together when you insert a stereo headphone jack or a mono headset jack into the normal audio jack

Siedio needs to put more engineering and testing into their products. They could have also added an impedance fix to eliminate the "no switch" problem....
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
    nonobeez,

Thanks for the tip. Any idea how to get a CDMA (Sprint) Treo to work with this adapter for audio out then switch to BT headset on an incoming call? The Seido cradles do it, so why can't the adapter?
    Global Posts
    326 Global Posts
    I've had two Treo 650s with bad headset jacks. I would hate to be stuck with a broken headset jack on a long flight. So I guess having one of these adapters handy makes sense.
    nonobeez,

Thanks for the tip. Any idea how to get a CDMA (Sprint) Treo to work with this adapter for audio out then switch to BT headset on an incoming call? The Seido cradles do it, so why can't the adapter?

Not sure how the Siedio cradle works... maybe because the Treo thinks it is hooked up to a charger? You could also maybe add a small push button switch to the adapter that will interrupt the ground circuit to the headphones. Better that pulling out the adapter I guess but not a good solution.

Quote Originally Posted by badler
    I've had two Treo 650s with bad headset jacks. I would hate to be stuck with a broken headset jack on a long flight. So I guess having one of these adapters handy makes sense.
    I have a permanent solution to the bad headset jack problem on my site. Good for phones that are out of warranty. Do-it-yourself or send it in for $60.
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast