1.    #1  
    OK here's a question that I couldn't find discussed after searching. Is there any way to use your treo to call and outside line from your computer??? For example, can I call my brother through my computer (using my treo as a modem or whatever) and hear him through the speakers and talk through my computer mic??? I think that would be great and better than using speakerphone. Let me know. Thanks.
    I don't believe that exists today, but that doesn't say it's not possible. It would probably require a combination of hardware and software to accomplish.
  3.    #3  
    What if you used the treo as a bluetooth modem? Would you be able to dial on the computer that way using the treo?
    That's an interesting idea that I think should be possible, but I've come up empty searching for software to do it. There are hardware bluetooth speakerphones, so I would think software could be developed to make the PC serve the same purpose.
    Quote Originally Posted by jwein84
    OK here's a question that I couldn't find discussed after searching. Is there any way to use your treo to call and outside line from your computer??? For example, can I call my brother through my computer (using my treo as a modem or whatever) and hear him through the speakers and talk through my computer mic??? I think that would be great and better than using speakerphone. Let me know. Thanks.

Are you trying to connect via the data network or the voice network?

If you connect make a data connection via BT DUN or PDAnet from the Treo to your desktop, then you can theoretically use a PC VoIP client like skype etc on the computer to make calls. I recall trying this a while ago and there seemed to be just min bandwidth the make it work...

If you're trying to make a call via Sprint voice network, then I don't think this is possible. Perhaps making a BT headset connection via the PC to the Treo or soemthing? But I doubt it...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  6.    #6  
    I'm trying to use my treo's voice network (the actual phone) as a means of dialing through my computer.
    That might require PC software to make your computer act like a Bluetooth headset with the appropriate BT profile.
    Quote Originally Posted by logicpaw
    That might require PC software to make your computer act like a Bluetooth headset with the appropriate BT profile.
    That's what I was trying to say.
    I believe I've done that with another phone before (not the Treo 650). If the phone supports the "My Audio Gateway" service in bluetooth, I think you can use your computer for speaker/mic.
  10.    #10  
    do you remember how you did it?
    Any more thoughts on this? I want to use my PC as a BT headset in the car.