1.    #1  
    Normally, I would post this in the developer's corner/Chatter, but I can't access it via my Treo.

Here's what I know happened: the known bug "Nov/Dec" dates in v 1.0 in the summary view of Chatter somewhow created a crash/fatal exception error.

I was going to upgrade eventually, but I've been super busy lately, and well,"If it aint broke, don't fix it." Well, it's broke now!

I tried installing v 1.14 over version 1.0 but the synch log says that the Chatter installation failed.

I'm guessing I should synch one last time, delete/uninstall just the Chatter app (and not the extensions/preferences) and reinsatall version 1.14 clean. Any other alternatives? (Please don't say hard reset!)
    Ok... So do a WARM reset (reset while holding rocker-up) and then delete the Chatter files (Chatter, ChatterExg, ChatterPOP3, and ChatterUtils) with FileZ. Then, reset again (soft reset) and load the new version.

Marc

p.s. Damn! I forgot about the Nov/Dec thing!!!!
    I'm not sure if the ver you have supports OTA upgardes via chatter client. What you could do is simply go to the followimg website via blazer to download the latest beta:

http://www.chatteremail.com/install/index.php

Make sure you have the PalmOS packaage installer as well FYI...

Edit: Okaynevermind cuz Marc already answered your question! But couldn't the above also work?

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  4.    #4  
    Gfunk, Marc:

I'll try Gfunk's method first then try Marc's. Though wouldn't it be safer to synch, unistall and resinstall? Since my e-mails are all on the server (fastmail) in theory I should be fine...unless someone else tells me otherwise!

Re: Nov/Dec. Yep! So guess what happened when it changed from Dec/Jan...it conflicted with the Palm's datebook/clock and caused a crash! The more you know...
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    I'm not sure if the ver you have supports OTA upgardes via chatter client. What you could do is simply go to the followimg website via blazer to download the latest beta:

http://www.chatteremail.com/install/index.php

Make sure you have the PalmOS packaage installer as well FYI...

Edit: Okaynevermind cuz Marc already answered your question! But couldn't the above also work?
    Gfunk: what is the "PalmOS package installer" and how does it relate to Chatter?

Marc: What if I synch, uninstall app and extensions. Then reinstall extesnsions and preferences from my "back up folder" but not the chatter App, then click on/do a fresh Install of the latest version of Chatter (either the official 4.14 or the new beta)

Everyone else: Have anyone here has this problem happen to you? I can't be the only one....call me guinnea pig!
  6.    #6  
    Marc,

Everything back to no normal! Thanks!