1.    #1  
    I wish my Treo 650 ...

I have bought my T650 few months ago, I couldn't find a better smartphone/device and since I love it very much, I have few wishes I would like to see in the next release.
    I hope this list could help palm to see what users need, and to do that I hope everyone participate in this. Especially those who didn't want to buy the Treo 650.

Features not mentioned here might mean they are ok, or it doesn't need improvement, or simply I have forgot them.

The Hardware:

* The body could be less slippery, and has a better grip.
    * I hope it was less scratch sensitive.
    * I very much hope it has something to hang it with.
    * Please change the data interface to USB
    * Also please change the power interface to something round, this way plates wont break like what happened with me in the first day.
    * I wish the memory card have a cover, so the card doesn't pop up when pushed accidentally.
    * I wish the antenna was inside, only if it didn't affect reception power.
    * I wish the reset button was accessible without opening the battery cover.
    * I hope there be at least one more hardware programmable side key.
    * Please keep the hardware mute key, but make it has more click feeling.
    * Keep the battery door.

Other:

* Supports newer fastest memory cards.
    * Better range (100 meters)
    * Supports listening to media over Bluetooth headsets.
    * Can clear the cache of Bluetooth devices.
    * For sure more memory will be much appreciated.
    * Better camera resolution. More zoom? Yes please.
    * More screen colors
    * Wider range of fonts (especially HI res small fonts)
    * I hope I could navigate and select words with the 5-way
    * Please make the silly find utility more advanced, search within words.
    * Voice recorder please.
    * Have more phone wise tools like nokia or other phones
    * Support MP3 ring tones.
    * Can assign ring tones to persons in the contacts.
    * Improved to do
    * Better ui for calc
    * Supports handwriting.
    * Can send a contact as sms
    * Very important to snooze with changeable periods.
    * Change default alarm period in tasks from 5 days to 0
    * Assign different alarms to tasks and to appointments.
    * Could customize phone app colors other than the always blue.
    * WiFi, not really.
    * Wider range of fonts - especially smaller hi-res fonts.
    * Fancier launcher
    * Have a call time counter, data counter
    * Shortcuts like older os
    * I hope I could attach sketches to tasks, and appointments.

That's all for now. I hope everyone contribute and give his opinion, and even add new items to this list.
    95% of what you are asking for in the "other" section can be done with software (most of it freeware)
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg
    95% of what you are asking for in the "other" section can be done with software (most of it freeware)

Will, I already know that, but these freeware were introduced to complete the missing parts of the OS. I am asking for a more featured OS.
    I agree with teh above poster, but it would be nice to have. Though not quite a reply to ur post, but some insight as to Palm and palmSource and our lovely OS:
    http://palminfocenter.com/comment_vi...ID=8230#115808
    MMM | AntoineRJWright.com | BH | Jaiku

Moved on to Symbian, but still will visit from time to time.
    Some things you are asking for it already does....for example assigning different ring tones to contacts, call timer, etc....already delivered and works out of the box. As for a "better UI for Calc"....what do you mean? Numbers and arithmetic operators....what more do you need? You can even use the keyboard instead of the screen if you desire.
    Quote Originally Posted by hkunana
    The Hardware:

* The body could be less slippery, and has a better grip.
    * I hope it was less scratch sensitive.
    * I very much hope it has something to hang it with.
    * Please change the data interface to USB
    * Also please change the power interface to something round, this way plates wont break like what happened with me in the first day.
    * I wish the memory card have a cover, so the card doesn't pop up when pushed accidentally.
    * I wish the antenna was inside, only if it didn't affect reception power.
    * I wish the reset button was accessible without opening the battery cover.
    * I hope there be at least one more hardware programmable side key.
    * Please keep the hardware mute key, but make it has more click feeling.
    * Keep the battery door.
    Many of these are solved with 3rd party accessories, such as egrips or a skin case, and the seido replacement battery cover.

Why another hardware button? With a full keyboard I've found I can launch anything I need very quickly.

The antenna doesn't bother me, but I know it does bother a lot of people.

My phone is almost always on mute, so the switch doesn't bother me either, in fact I never even thought about it.
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by o_town_racer
    Some things you are asking for it already does....for example assigning different ring tones to contacts, call timer, etc....already delivered and works out of the box. As for a "better UI for Calc"....what do you mean? Numbers and arithmetic operators....what more do you need? You can even use the keyboard instead of the screen if you desire.
    May be I don't know how to assign different ring tones to different contacts, if you know a way to do it (without using a 3rd party sw) please help me do it.
    For the Call timer, I meas some statistics ove periods of time.
    For the calc UI, this is my openion, I don't like how it looks, but sure I might be wrong about that.
    To assign a ringtone to a caller, set up a "Favorites" button in the phone application for that contact. For each favorites button created you can assign a different ringtone and you can also add a photo of that contact which shows up when they call. The instructions are in the users manual that came with the phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by hkunana
    I wish my Treo 650 ...

* Better range (100 meters)
    The BT range depends also on the OTHER device you are communicating with. Headsets typically have very short range. Many of the BT cards/dongles for PC/Laptops are the same way.

I have one device I use, called the BT Sidewinder, which works up to 100m in practice, as advertised (see http://interactive-online.com/sidewinder/bluetooth.html).

Also, I understand some PC BT adaptors are capable of only about 30 feet, and some go 100ft or more. Check the specs of the card and make sure you get one with max range.

OK...
    Now to answer your question...
    I'd like to see:
    - 100% backwards Palm compatibility on the T700 (windows mobile version!) OR I WON'T BUY IT (too much $$$ invested and too much work and $$$ to convert data and exiting apps otherwise).
    - API for BT headsets so programmers can use it for more than VOICE calls
    - Full Duplex capablility for all BT headsets that are Full duplex capable
    - API ability to play audio files directly to person on other end of phone.
    - MORE INTERNAL MEMORY
    - USE flashcard AS INTERNAL memory
    - Easily accessible RESET button (I hate having to remove Treo from case, fumbling the Treo, scratching it up and dirtying it with my hands, as I remove the battery cover and try to hold onto the treo, case, battery, and get the stylus out at the same time everytime it locks up).

Sprint Pre & Motorola H300 BT headset

Dead devices: Palm Pro; Palm III; Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755p; Centro
    Yes, I finally updated my tagline!
    Working Bluetooth profiles for everything. This means I want to be able to use it with my laptop and get "someone is calling" popup alerts.