Global Posts
    474 Global Posts
    From time to time, when i take photos, i get this thin green line spanning across from left to right.

It's not all photos, and i cant recreate on demand, but i do get it sometimes. The green is a real bright neon green, kind of like a bright green thread.

Anyone else? Why? Should I be concerned?
    Sprint Treo 755p (ex-650) user and loving it.
    1.04-SPNT
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    This has also happened to me a few times. Are you saving pics to an SD card? I have been, and the time to save an image has become increasingly slow as the card has filled up. I've thought that probably had something to do with it.
    It's an event handler problem.. DO NOT let anyone tell you it's some hardware problem they replaced their phone to fix, they were unfortunate in their decision to do so.

Arielmt might be right in that it might not happen to ram vs SD card, not sure.. I see it from time to time, sometimes 5 times a row, then none.. So I best guess is that it is an event handler either taking time away from the camera or otherwise mucking with the picture data gathering process.

I'll bet with a warm start it'd never happen.
    Global Posts
    474 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by arielmt
    This has also happened to me a few times. Are you saving pics to an SD card? I have been, and the time to save an image has become increasingly slow as the card has filled up. I've thought that probably had something to do with it.
    saving it to the phone. and the phone is maybe two weeks old, if that. i've only installed verichat (demo) and my cousin dl'ed Tetris. That about it....

Hmm. Let's wait for other member's to chime in.

[What's a 'warm start'?]
    1.04-SPNT
    it seems to happen occasionally in low-light conditions and when system resources are low. If you do a soft-reset after taking photos with the green stripe, they almost always go away.

It is a werid glitch, but I too believe it is software related.

-Warr
    Progress? Well, at least I can get color traffic maps now...
    Psion 3a -> Psion 3c -> Palm IIIXE -> Palm VIIx -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Centro
    I had a similar problem with my first Treo, ONLY when I was using the camera did I have a green line on the screen. No other App on the phone had this graphic problem so I know it was NOT the screen, and it DID show up in pics. (I saw this green line all the time) I contacted Palm/Sprint and had it replaced. Haven't seen a green line since. Now I am not a hardware or software engineer, but event handler or not, it shouldn't have been happening on a brand new $600 phone. I am happy with my decision.
    Global Posts
    474 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkTreo
    I had a similar problem with my first Treo, ONLY when I was using the camera did I have a green line on the screen. No other App on the phone had this graphic problem so I know it was NOT the screen, and it DID show up in pics. (I saw this green line all the time) I contacted Palm/Sprint and had it replaced. Haven't seen a green line since. Now I am not a hardware or software engineer, but event handler or not, it shouldn't have been happening on a brand new $600 phone. I am happy with my decision.
    yeah, going to continue to monitor it. it's just a headache to have to go get it replaced. it's only happened maybe twice. but if it happens more often, i may get it replaced.

just for future reference, what did you tell Sprint? just so that i 'ensure' a replacement rather than a 'i'm sorry sir, but what you did was your doing, and it does not fall in the replacement criteria.'
    1.04-SPNT
    Quote Originally Posted by wernst
    it seems to happen occasionally in low-light conditions and when system resources are low. If you do a soft-reset after taking photos with the green stripe, they almost always go away.

It is a werid glitch, but I too believe it is software related.

-Warr
    I agree with Warr. The only time I've seen the green stripe is when taking pictures at night. In that case, it was pitch dark with city lights and a bay in the distance. Given I basically just had moon light, I figured it was an aritfact of the compression engine.
    It looks like this has been going on for a while:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...era+Green+Line
    Quote Originally Posted by ike301
    yeah, going to continue to monitor it. it's just a headache to have to go get it replaced. it's only happened maybe twice. but if it happens more often, i may get it replaced.

just for future reference, what did you tell Sprint? just so that i 'ensure' a replacement rather than a 'i'm sorry sir, but what you did was your doing, and it does not fall in the replacement criteria.'

It was hassle free...I just told them that I bought new Treo with a camera defect that is visible and distracting and could supply proof (photo) if necessary. The Treo was new and without physical damage. They simply created a claim no questions asked and replaced it. The replecement has been fine. I haven't had a green line in any light conditions yet. I think it is only natural for that type of customer service on a phone this high end.