1.    #1  
    does anyone know of a launcher for the 650 thats not as busy as zlauncher? i like the idea of changing the look of pos, but i dont like how much stuff u get with z launcher. maybe something that just changes the look. i remember the tapwave zodiac had an awesome launcher. something like that would be cool.
    I like Launcher X. A lot of people seem to like Initiate.
  3.    #3  
    yeah, i looked into to both of those, but they both still have all the crap along the top and bottom. im checking out ispin right now. its got a great interface, but it doesnt seem to like my sd card...
  4.    #4  
    ok, so i was just looking at the palm t5, that uses the same os as the 650, no? if so, can we make it look like that? im mainly interested in the background image.
    zLauncher can be as busy or simple as you like. You can turn off almost everything (top and bottom bars, etc) if you don't like it, just takes time to configure it as you would like it.
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    ^^^^^^ The same is true with Launcher X.
    I liked Launcher X a lot on my 600, but seem to have some issues on my recently purchased 650. First I installed it, then later removed it using Uninstall Mgr. and it left my app button (home key) not cycling through my categories. Now upon reinstallation with the center button patch my phone doesn't come to life for 6+ seconds when powering up, the Keyguard function is slow to react AND it appears to want to cycle through or stop at Launcher X. These symptons occur 50% of the time when using the on and off buttons. I'll try yet another Clean install after a Hard reset I guess....
    Last edited by ttrundle; 12/01/2005 at 06:03 PM.
    After using almost every launcher out there, I have returned to the built-in launcher, augmented by PowerRun for SD card features, and Butler's KeyLaunch for quickly launching various applications with a keypress.

What features are you looking for in a launcher? What annoys you?

-warr
    Progress? Well, at least I can get color traffic maps now...
    Psion 3a -> Psion 3c -> Palm IIIXE -> Palm VIIx -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Centro
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by wernst
    After using almost every launcher out there, I have returned to the built-in launcher, augmented by PowerRun for SD card features, and Butler's KeyLaunch for quickly launching various applications with a keypress.

What features are you looking for in a launcher? What annoys you?

-warr
    actually what i really want is for it to look like the new os in the t5's. i dont need all the extra stuff, i just want the looks. to be honest, i would even be happy with be able to set a back image on the plain os.
    Go to phone/general preferences>and change show dial pad to show wall paper. This will of course only work on the phone view.

There isn't a way to change the OS to the T5's because of the phone application and keyboard etc.
    Moose Man
    Welcome my son, welcome to the machine.
    iPhone 3G, Treo 750, 680, 650, 600 and T5, T3, T, M515, M505, Vx, V, Prizm, Visor, IIIc, IIIe, Palm Pilot Professional, Palm Pilot (ok boys and girls a whopping 128k of memory - those were the days) and former Palm Beta tester.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by RSGMOOSE
    Go to phone/general preferences>and change show dial pad to show wall paper. This will of course only work on the phone view.

There isn't a way to change the OS to the T5's because of the phone application and keyboard etc.
    yeah, i already figured out the phone part, i was looking to change the regular os look...i understabd u cant make it look like the new os, but not even the back image? thats strange u can on the t5 and not the treo since its using the same os
    Quote Originally Posted by calluum
    yeah, i already figured out the phone part, i was looking to change the regular os look...i understabd u cant make it look like the new os, but not even the back image? thats strange u can on the t5 and not the treo since its using the same os
    Yes, I agree it is strange but then you must remember or realize that the Palm OS is just like a Windows machine - it will work on my different configured devices and each one has it's own little "tweaks".

In the case of the T5 vs 650 - no home button ala T5 and collapseable graffiti area etc.

I think in the long run if you'll spend sometime figuring out the Zlauncher interface - you'll see the benefit of all of the other stuff it brings especially it's file manager and ability to move programs to and from the SD card. But to each his own.

I don't know of just a "wallpaper" application - sorry. Hopefully someone else will have a better suggestion.
    Moose Man
    Welcome my son, welcome to the machine.
    iPhone 3G, Treo 750, 680, 650, 600 and T5, T3, T, M515, M505, Vx, V, Prizm, Visor, IIIc, IIIe, Palm Pilot Professional, Palm Pilot (ok boys and girls a whopping 128k of memory - those were the days) and former Palm Beta tester.