View Poll Results: What was the Reason for yout treo Replacement?

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • Broken Screen

9 13.64%
  • Lost

3 4.55%
  • Stolen

0 0%
  • Bad audio jack

11 16.67%
  • Broken Antenna

1 1.52%
  • Bad keyboard

15 22.73%
  • Firmware/ROM upgrade gone bad

10 15.15%
  • Poor Audio quality

6 9.09%
  • Poor cell reception

3 4.55%
  • Buggy/other

22 33.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    What, if any, was the reason your Treo was replaced?
    Last edited by nonobeez; 12/01/2005 at 12:49 AM.
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
  2.    #2  
    Just want to see what the problems are and if Warranty takes care of it.
    I've had two replacement so far. First for stuck button and the second for failed diagnostic where the Treo failed to connect to Sprint vision services...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  4.    #4  
    hey gfunkmagic... you didn't select bad keyboard?
    Quote Originally Posted by nonobeez
    hey gfunkmagic... you didn't select bad keyboard?
    yeah, I chose other cuz I had more than one issue..

But I went ahead and edited my vote and added a vot to bad keyboard! Happy now?

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  6.    #6  
    Thanks!!! maye I should have labeled it "bad keyboard or button"
    ... bad keyboard, but since the Treo had been dropped 3' on to a hard surface, landing face-down (not by me), I couldn't exactly blame Palm for the sudden keyboard failure. A guy at the Sprint store gave me a like-new replacement Treo because he said he appreciated my honesty in telling him that it had been dropped.
  8.    #8  
    WOW!!! no broken screen replacments... very interesting.
    I had a dead pixel on my defective unit. That's the "broken screen."
    My first had a bad pixel on the screen. No problems so far with my current one.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Got another one coming just to switch it out. It has been 8 months. This treo needs to hold out until the new one. Plu smy warranty is up in 3 months. I may have to have it swapped out a few more times.
    (see my signature below)

Sprint Pre & Motorola H300 BT headset

Dead devices: Palm Pro; Palm III; Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755p; Centro
    Yes, I finally updated my tagline!
    Quote Originally Posted by nonobeez
    WOW!!! no broken screen replacments... very interesting.
    I opted to not get the insurance on the phone. I have sprint, so the $5/month + $50 deductible didn't seem worth it to me. I recently cracked my screen while on vacation in Hong Kong. I ordered a replacement screen from ebay (paramountwireless) for ~$100, got a $5 T5 torx screwdriver from Fry's and replaced it this morning myself.

Not sure if this counts as a Treo replacement, since I repaired the broken screen myself.
    DIY Firmware upgrade gone awry!!! My Refurb still sits at 1.01 to this day!!! Too scared to fry another one...
    I'm not weird... I'm gifted!!!
    The first Treo was buggy and died after tree days of use, the second one was buggy and had a faulty USB connector.

I'm still waiting the 3rd, but I presume that will be buggy with a new defect in bundle.
    After having my 650 a year, on the dot, my speaker blew. LockLine sent a replacement right away, so far so good.....
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Had two replaced. One for the P key and the other for audio/sync problems (waiting for this one to be shipped)
    I just ordered a replacement for my VZW Treo 650 because the speaker just died tonight. The phone worked flawlessly from May (purchased when available for business, e.g. 1st) until tonight.
    Palm IIIx>Palm Vx>Palm m515>Tungsten T>Tungsten C>Verizon Treo 650
    ................................StarTAC 7868W>Motorola V710>Verizon Treo 650>Treo 700p>Apple iPhone 3G
  19.    #19  
    are you sure it's the speaker? Are you talkin about the rear speaker or phone speaker? It could be a jack problem.

let us know if you can please.
    Last edited by nonobeez; 12/13/2005 at 10:32 PM.
    Rear speaker. I had it on speakerphone (no Volumecare installed since last firmware upgrade), it crackled, and died. It sputtered occasionally but wouldn't work at all afterward. The phone wouldn't ring and system sounds didn't play despite several hard resets. The phone speaker (e.g. the earpiece) works fine but doesn't play system sounds or rings.
    Palm IIIx>Palm Vx>Palm m515>Tungsten T>Tungsten C>Verizon Treo 650
    ................................StarTAC 7868W>Motorola V710>Verizon Treo 650>Treo 700p>Apple iPhone 3G
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast