Global Posts
    474 Global Posts
    *Mod, please move to the correct forum if needed.*

Newbie question:

What do you put onto your removable card?

For the past two weeks, i can only think of .ram files, MP3 (which i dont even know which program to play MP3), and photos.

Can you play WMA files? Is there a WMA player for the Treo?
    Sprint Treo 755p (ex-650) user and loving it.
    1.04-SPNT
    Welcome aboard to T/C!

MP3 can be played by the default Real Player if you have a 650. Lots of users likes PTunes, which plays WMA. Check out the deluxe version for WMA, shoutcast, etc.

With the limited memory, you can use PowerRun or ZLauncher or other application swapping utilities to move some of your applications to the SD card.

You can also put movies on your SD card and use TCPMP to view them. You can also use your Treo as your SD Card reader/writer via an application called Card Export II.

These are just a few.
    pr0n
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Global Posts
    474 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    pr0n
    LOL
    1.04-SPNT
    Global Posts
    474 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ronbo2000
    Welcome aboard to T/C!

MP3 can be played by the default Real Player if you have a 650. Lots of users likes PTunes, which plays WMA. Check out the deluxe version for WMA, shoutcast, etc.

With the limited memory, you can use PowerRun or ZLauncher or other application swapping utilities to move some of your applications to the SD card.

You can also put movies on your SD card and use TCPMP to view them. You can also use your Treo as your SD Card reader/writer via an application called Card Export II.

These are just a few.
    awesome! sounds good. will give it a go today. THANKS
    1.04-SPNT
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    pr0n
    Oh, yeah, he's our welcoming simian.

Somehow, don't let him grab any of your newbie attitude stuff
    Quote Originally Posted by ronbo2000
    I wanted to clarify that you don't need 3rd party utilities to install applications to the SD card.

Lots of applications that don't need to run constantly in the background, or don't need to backup their data on every Hotsync can be installed to the card using the Palm QuickInstall. Most games will run fine from the SD card. Many applications like Documents-to-go or Handmark Express come with utilities or commands to move most of their executables to the SD card.

I have 50 applications on my SD card and I don't use any 3rd party launcher.

Of course, these launchers do make it easier to install applications to the card.. but they are not absolutely necessary.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Quote Originally Posted by ike301
    *Mod, please move to the correct forum if needed.*

Newbie question:

What do you put onto your removable card?

For the past two weeks, i can only think of .ram files, MP3 (which i dont even know which program to play MP3), and photos.

Can you play WMA files? Is there a WMA player for the Treo?
    Music (mp3 and ogg mostly)
    MS Office files (.doc, .xls, .ppt...)
    PDFs

I also set Camera, Sound Rec, Movie Rec, and SnapperMail to store on card by default.

I export songs composed in NotePad to the card as midi.

Oh never mind. The list will ge to long. I use CardExport II to make the Treo and USB drive. As such, I put any type of storable file on my SD (except Pr0n ).