Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1.    #1  
    Kmaps is now part of ULocate:

    http://kmaps.ulocate.com/
    digitalfx
    Former Treo 650 user
    now happy HTC TyTn owner
  2. twitch3's Avatar
    Posts
    821 Posts
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    #2  
    Lppks like it's still free. Wonder if that will change?
  3. #3  
    Wow.... talk about a prime example of an app being born in the forums here, growing, getting popular and then turing into a full fledged business!
    _________________
    aka Gfunkmagic

    Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w



    Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

    Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  4. #4  
    I agree. That would be the right way to put it... It pretty much means that there can be a business model where the community acts as product manager...

    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    Wow.... talk about a prime example of an app being born in the forums here, growing, getting popular and then turing into a full fledged business!
    Last edited by imitrovic; 12/01/2005 at 08:29 AM.
  5. Wink40's Avatar
    Posts
    104 Posts
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    #5  
    So, if I donated, do I get a long term license? or an equity interest?
    ...can prevent unnecessary threads.
  6. #6  
    No, but you get a sense of hapiness for contributing to a "worthwhile cause" instead...

    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&l...efine:donation

    Quote Originally Posted by Wink40
    So, if I donated, do I get a long term license? or an equity interest?
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by imitrovic
    No, but you get a sense of hapiness for contributing to a "worthwhile cause" instead...

    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&l...efine:donation
    true, but a "thank you" email would have been nice to acknowledge the donation
  8. eKeith's Avatar
    Posts
    759 Posts
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    #8  
    Congrats Ivan!
    It's good to see your good work paying off...
    Current Phones: Unlocked AT&T Pre3; Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250; HTC Desire A8181
    Current Tablets: Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 183825U; HP TouchPad 32GB w/ACL
    Previous Devices: Unlocked UK Pre3; HTC Touch Diamond; Palm Unlocked GSM Treo 680; PalmOne Unlocked GSM 650; Palm Tungsten T3 w/PalmOne WiFi Card, PowerToGo and ASUS WL-330g; 3Com Palm III; Sony Clie N760C
  9. #9  
    Right, but it is a thin line between "thank you" email and spam...

    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    true, but a "thank you" email would have been nice to acknowledge the donation
  10. #10  
    cheers... uLocate is the leader in mobile LBS and they have a huge expertise in working with carriers and writing mobile software that uses location service from the phone... I think that it is a good match.

    Quote Originally Posted by eKeith
    Congrats Ivan!
    It's good to see your good work paying off...
  11. #11  
    I got a thank you email,,,,,,,, I think,,,,,,,,

    Dutch at least you can still use KMaps,,,,


    No Kmaps for my PPC
  12. #12  
    thanks for the pm. good luck and thanks for your work!
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tem
    I got a thank you email,,,,,,,, I think,,,,,,,,

    Dutch at least you can still use KMaps,,,,


    No Kmaps for my PPC
    Wowsers you took the plunge! How is the PPC environment coming from a Treo 650? I'm dying to find out...
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by g-funkster
    Wowsers you took the plunge! How is the PPC environment coming from a Treo 650? I'm dying to find out...
    Lets start a thread on that http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...213#post852213
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by imitrovic
    cheers... uLocate is the leader in mobile LBS and they have a huge expertise in working with carriers and writing mobile software that uses location service from the phone... I think that it is a good match.

    Sooo...does this mean Kmaps will no longer remain free? If not, how much is it going to cost in the future?
    _________________
    aka Gfunkmagic

    Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w



    Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

    Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions

Posting Permissions