Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi
    Dunno if it's normal, but with this Seidio high capacity battery it always goes from 100% to 99% a second or two after it has been fully charged and I have unplugged the charger. Is that normal?
    I think it is normal. My Lion Battery 2200 mAh does the same thing. (Charginging within the Treo.) It's been 8 months -- but I believe my original battery did the same. The battery guage, I believe is conservative, so it rounds down: 99.9% = 99%. Just my guess.

Cheers, Perry.
    All I can say is that I'm at about the 14.5 hour mark, and I'm at 29%. SMS coming and going, verichat data always on, chatter imap push, agendus weather updates, some morning video play, some afternoon ptunes play, several bt syncs (as well as setting up a new pcmcia bt card on my laptop tonight)... My OEMs would have been screaming bloody murder 3 hours ago... And I'm only on my 3rd full discharge...

Seidio 2200++
    you guys are making it so hard to save money

I think once I get a true IMAP server I may get this battery so chatter and toccer doesn't kill my battery.
    Just got my Seideo extended batt and charger. Noticed recently that my original (14mo old) batt seems to be discharging faster than it did at first. Used to be able to go a couple days between charges now its an every night deal, so thought I would try the 2200. Charging up as I type!
    Well, I'm roughly at about the month mark or so with my Seidio 2200 battery... Is anyone else with one noticing battery expansion at all? Whereas when I first got the battery, it was relatively flat with only a slight rounding to it, it seems to have expanded so that it now has a very noticible bulge, which makes getting the battery cover on much more difficult than previously. Also, with no major numbers (I'll have to take the time to do this at some point), the battery seems to discharge quite a bit quicker now than when first received about a month ago.

Anyone else noticing anything like this at all?

TIA

edit: No instructions came with the battery/innocharger combo, but from postings here, my early Seidio 2200 battery days started with 5 full charge/discharge cycles...
    Last edited by bananachunks; 02/09/2006 at 10:17 AM. Reason: added "early battery days" note
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bananachunks
    Well, I'm roughly at about the month mark or so with my Seidio 2200 battery... Is anyone else with one noticing battery expansion at all? Whereas when I first got the battery, it was relatively flat with only a slight rounding to it, it seems to have expanded so that it now has a very noticible bulge, which makes getting the battery cover on much more difficult than previously. Also, with no major numbers (I'll have to take the time to do this at some point), the battery seems to discharge quite a bit quicker now than when first received about a month ago.

TIA
    Haven't noticed any swelling but I do think the battery life is now shorter than when I received it.
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    what other company makes extended life batteries and where can I find extended reviews of them? everyone seems to hate on seido in general which makes me weary of a purchase...
    Quote Originally Posted by bananachunks

TIA

edit: No instructions came with the battery/innocharger combo, but from postings here, my early Seidio 2200 battery days started with 5 full charge/discharge cycles...

That bulging sounds pretty serious. Sounds like the battery is going to explode at some point. I'd contact Seidio about this ASAP.
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    I haven't noticed any bulging with mine. The run time seems to be about the same too. The first 10 % goes pretty fast, but it still outlasts my OEM battery.
    Well, 20 minutes shy of 15 hours, and it shut off on its own. Right at 4 weeks now. If you guys notice a few posts up when I got the battery, I still had 30% at the 14.5 hour mark, and was getting a good 20 hours plus some... And this is now with no ptunes streaming, no verichat, all but one of my UPOC groups .off, and bluetooth off until I need it. I'm really starting to think I'm going to need to write Seidio and see what constitutes "warranty" with this thing...

edit 20060209: I'm now at the 15hr mark with one of my OEMs. 9 of those hours it was in "bedtime profile", which is dim screen, and all sounds but ringer off. Same apps running as in the above paragraph. 30% free. So now my OEMs are doing better than my 2200... *sigh*

edit 20060214: I emailed Seidio Tech Support on the 9th (5 days ago). I've still not heard anything back from them, so I've sent the email again. *waiting*
    Last edited by bananachunks; 02/14/2006 at 10:50 AM. Reason: changing 3 weeks to 4 weeks
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456