Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    The Seidio battery works great in my Treo, but there is definitely a difference in construction/internal wiring. Measuring across the 1st and 6th or 2nd and 5th battery terminals with a VOM meter gives you the battery voltage with the Seidio battery. Measuring across these terminals with an OEM batery gives nothing. Measuring across the 1st and 6th terminals in the charger while it's connected to a USB port gives 4.4V give or take. Measuring across the 1st and 6th terminals in the Palm charger gives about 4V. My uneducated guess is that terminals 1 and 6 on the battery are the charging terminals. The OEM battery has a diode that prevents reverse current, the Seidio battery doesn't, so when you put the Seidio battery in the Seido charger, it lights the LED.. The charger could probably also use a diode to prevent current from flowing in the opposite direction. Anyone want to rip into one of each and prove me right or wrong?
    Last edited by qwalls; 12/08/2005 at 07:41 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by pdadoc
    Thanks David.... sounds like a couple of us just got a bad charger- it happens. That said, I'm surprised that the charger light stays red. It's pretty "standard" these days for a charger to let one know when the battery is fully charged, either by the light changing to green, or going out. That seems like a flaw, and perhaps you might want to address that for the next round of chargers?... Otherwise, how does one know when the battery is fully charged, other than by seeing where the charge is after putting it in the treo (not ideal!).
    I agree. Is this going to be fixed? I bought the 2200 battery and charger assuming it would change color once the battery is fully charge. I agree that this is a design flaw and don't remember any fine print on the website about it.
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    Charger update. I ran the Seidio battery down to about 15% and put it in the innocharger overnight. This morning it's at 75%, so it is working somewhat...just not as quickly as the OEM charger.
    Quote Originally Posted by aznmode
    I agree. Is this going to be fixed? I bought the 2200 battery and charger assuming it would change color once the battery is fully charge. I agree that this is a design flaw and don't remember any fine print on the website about it.
    I have a OEM Palm Charger (desktop cradle kit). The LED does not change the color once the battery is fully charged.
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio
    Hi,

You can leave your Seidio battery in Seidio Innocharger all the time beacuse our battery comes with a complete protection circuitry.

David Chang

What about the OEM battery?
  6.    #66  
    Quote Originally Posted by aznmode
    The Current version of Innocharger is designed with one color LED , meaning the light will not change after the charge is completed.

Please read this review

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ht=innocharger

I believe Palm OEM cradle will not change the light either. We do have a plan releasing the innocharger with two color LED. With this version, the light will change.
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    The palm cradle LED does change from red to green when charging is completed.
    My dad got the charger with the ac plug. He said that there is a light on the plug itself that is red when you put the battery in the charger and turns green when the battery is charged. However, the red light on the charger stays red.

I got the charger without the ac adapter. Yeah, I also think it stinks that the light doesn't turn green. It makes you wonder whether the battery can be overcharged.
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Some further findings/ thoughts:

1) Just to confirm, the palm OEM cradle definitely changes (from red to green light) when treo is fully charged.

2) I also have the AC adapter for the innocharger. The innocharger now seems to be working/charging well. While the light on the charger itself does not change, as noted, the light on the AC adapter DOES change from red to green when charged. It took about 2 hours to fully charge from 77%.

At this point, I'm keeping it, but it looks like Seidio will ber releasing (?timeline) a better innocharger.
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    Sounds like I need to get the AC adapter.
  11.    #71  
    Quote Originally Posted by pdadoc
    Some further findings/ thoughts:

1) Just to confirm, the palm OEM cradle definitely changes (from red to green light) when treo is fully charged.

2) I also have the AC adapter for the innocharger. The innocharger now seems to be working/charging well. While the light on the charger itself does not change, as noted, the light on the AC adapter DOES change from red to green when charged. It took about 2 hours to fully charge from 77%.

At this point, I'm keeping it, but it looks like Seidio will ber releasing (?timeline) a better innocharger.
    Hi Pdadoc,

Sorry for my bad information regarding to light change on Palm cradle.

Seidio will do our best to release two color LED Innocharger soon. (7-10 days or sooner)

David Chang
    Seidio
    dsc@seidio.com
    Seidio will do our best to release two color LED Innocharger soon. (7-10 days or sooner)
    Will you exchange these current ones with the new ones?
    Quote Originally Posted by gapost
    I too would like to have this option if possible.
    Hi Pdadoc,

David Chang
    Seidio
    dsc@seidio.com

Are we talking about the stand alone charger or the cradle here, I want the cradle but with the 2 color LED?
    Quote Originally Posted by gapost
    bump
    Can someone who has this battery help me out?
    I want to buy the battery but not the charger.
    Can I put the Seidio Extended battery in my treo and use it normally as if it were my regular battery? Will it charge right through the phone overnight like I do with my current battery?
    Quote Originally Posted by albertb
    Can someone who has this battery help me out?
    I want to buy the battery but not the charger.
    Can I put the Seidio Extended battery in my treo and use it normally as if it were my regular battery? Will it charge right through the phone overnight like I do with my current battery?
    Yes, it will charge in your Treo just like the regular battery... that's what I do every night... and works fine. I like this new battery, price and all.
    Communications is the toughest thing we do.
    unlocked Cingular (GSM) Treo 650, 1.51 firmware, 1.17 CNG software
    After using the battery for a few days, I can say I am pretty happy with it. It lasts all day without topping up, unlike my oem battery. Much better.
    Hi Pdadoc,

David Chang
    Seidio
    dsc@seidio.com
    I want to order one..but not until you have fixed the color issue. Do you have it soon?
    Well, it isn't perfect and it makes me crazy, but I still do love my Treo!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
  20.    #80  
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTreoGuy
    I want to order one..but not until you have fixed the color issue. Do you have it soon?
    We are working to release the two color LED Innocharger. I hope we can release it by next week.

David Chang
    Seidio
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast