Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pdadoc
    The charger seems to be a problem. I'm sure Seidio will handle this appropriately....
    Yeah, I tried moving the charger to a different PC, so obviously a different USB port, no change. Charger seems to be a dud.

I actually ordered 4 things, the battery which is great, the audio adapter which is great, (I like it much better than the palm one.) the charger which is a dud, and the battery cover with reset hole. The fit and finish of the battery cover isn't great, but it does make the Treo seem much more solid, and the reset hole is great, so it's a keeper too.

I was thinking about selling my OEM batteries on ebay and getting another Seidio battery, but then I figured:

1) They are almost a year old, I wouldn't get much
    2) I need to keep at least 1 OEM battery in case I have a warranty issue.
    3) Based on my tests yesterday, I probably won't need a spare battery anymore. :-)

It will be interesting to see what happens with the chargers.
    A bit off topic, but does anyone know if it is ok to KEEP a battery in the charger always, as a true always-fully-charged backup? I could use the new Seidio battery, but have no interest in switching batteries every day or even week.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaharr
    A bit off topic, but does anyone know if it is ok to KEEP a battery in the charger always, as a true always-fully-charged backup? I could use the new Seidio battery, but have no interest in switching batteries every day or even week.
    I have no idea if leaving the battery in a charger would harm it or its longevity, but in a previous thread, I remember reading that a charged lithium ion only loses about 2% a month in "storage". Swap every three months or so.

Cheers, Perry.
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio
    Hi Pdadoc,

We are going to look into the charger issue this morning, I will get back to you soon. I am glad you like the battery.

David Chang
    Seidio
    David,
    I'm interested in the combo of the battery and charger but sounds like the chargers have problems. Are these being fixed or still sent out?
    Well, it isn't perfect and it makes me crazy, but I still do love my Treo!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    FYI, I got an RMA and will send the charger back for replacement.... I did ask that they check and verify that the innocharger can charge these new batteries ok.... seems strange that we have 2 units with the same problem.
    My charger works without a hitch. I would also like to know if you can leave a battery in the charger all the time too.
  7.    #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by adrenaline_rush
    My charger works without a hitch. I would also like to know if you can leave a battery in the charger all the time too.
    Hi,

You can leave your Seidio battery in Seidio Innocharger all the time beacuse our battery comes with a complete protection circuitry.

David Chang
  8.    #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by qwalls
    Yeah, I tried moving the charger to a different PC, so obviously a different USB port, no change. Charger seems to be a dud.

I actually ordered 4 things, the battery which is great, the audio adapter which is great, (I like it much better than the palm one.) the charger which is a dud, and the battery cover with reset hole. The fit and finish of the battery cover isn't great, but it does make the Treo seem much more solid, and the reset hole is great, so it's a keeper too.

I was thinking about selling my OEM batteries on ebay and getting another Seidio battery, but then I figured:

1) They are almost a year old, I wouldn't get much
    2) I need to keep at least 1 OEM battery in case I have a warranty issue.
    3) Based on my tests yesterday, I probably won't need a spare battery anymore. :-)

It will be interesting to see what happens with the chargers.

Qwalls/Pdadoc,

Our engineering group tested the Innocharger today.

1) The LED on Innocharger is one color LED. It will not change the light when the charging is completed.
    2) The Innocharger charges both Seidio battery and OEM battery just fine.
    (both with USB port on PC and USB travel adaptor).

We will exchange the chargers you have ASAP and anxiously would like to find out what is the cause if any.

David Chang
    Qwalls/Pdadoc,

Our engineering group tested the Innocharger today.

1) The LED on Innocharger is one color LED. It will not change the light when the charging is completed.
    2) The Innocharger charges both Seidio battery and OEM battery just fine.
    (both with USB port on PC and USB travel adaptor).

We will exchange the chargers you have ASAP and anxiously would like to find out what is the cause if any.

David Chang
    I received mine today. I was wondering why the charger light on mine is still red. It's been charging for about 4 hours now. Is this going to affect the 2200 battery at all? If so..is it possible to get another battery as well?
    I also found something else. If you leave the 2200mah battery on the charger the light stays red (USB not attached to charger). I swap it with the OEM and light goes off. There must be a difference between the 2 batteries for the light to stay lit on the 2200 one. I can switch back and forth with the batteries and all the time the 2200mah will light up the LED on the charger even when its not plugged into USB or wall.
    So the phone indicator light would be green and the charger indicator light would be red????
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Thanks David.... sounds like a couple of us just got a bad charger- it happens. That said, I'm surprised that the charger light stays red. It's pretty "standard" these days for a charger to let one know when the battery is fully charged, either by the light changing to green, or going out. That seems like a flaw, and perhaps you might want to address that for the next round of chargers?... Otherwise, how does one know when the battery is fully charged, other than by seeing where the charge is after putting it in the treo (not ideal!).
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingjunior
    So the phone indicator light would be green and the charger indicator light would be red????
    The problem we're seeing is in the Innocharger which is a stand alone battery charger. See below.

http://seidioonline.com/index.asp?Pa...PROD&ProdID=40
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    Thanks David.... sounds like a couple of us just got a bad charger- it happens. That said, I'm surprised that the charger light stays red. It's pretty "standard" these days for a charger to let one know when the battery is fully charged, either by the light changing to green, or going out. That seems like a flaw, and perhaps you might want to address that for the next round of chargers?... Otherwise, how does one know when the battery is fully charged, other than by seeing where the charge is after putting it in the treo (not ideal!).
    Thanks here also, and I agree.
    Quote Originally Posted by aznmode
    I also found something else. If you leave the 2200mah battery on the charger the light stays red (USB not attached to charger). I swap it with the OEM and light goes off. There must be a difference between the 2 batteries for the light to stay lit on the 2200 one. I can switch back and forth with the batteries and all the time the 2200mah will light up the LED on the charger even when its not plugged into USB or wall.
    I've attached a pic below.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Ok... this is getting pretty strange!

1) I tried what aznmode did and got the same results. With the 2200 mah battery, the red light comes on EVEN IF NOT PLUGGED INTO ANYTHING! With the OEM battery, this does not happen. So at a minimum, the innocharger "sees" a difference between the 2 batteries.

2) Before returning my charger, I thought I'd try completely discharging the 2200 and then charging it in the innocharger. After only around an hour, I tested it, and found it already up to 42%. An hour later, it was at 44%, the exact max that it had reached before (when I initially tried charging it in the innocharger).

ADDENDUM: Well, when I checked it the next morning, it had charged all the way! To qwalls: perhaps you might try this as well: discharge battery completely, then try charging. Perhaps something in the circuitry requires this...

Will keep charger at this point and see if it continues to behave. Still not happy that there is no indication that battery is fully charged.
    Last edited by pdadoc; 12/08/2005 at 08:45 AM.
  17.    #57  
    pdadoc,

1) I tried what aznmode did and got the same results. With the 2200 mah battery, the red light comes on EVEN IF NOT PLUGGED INTO ANYTHING! With the OEM battery, this does not happen. So at a minimum, the innocharger "sees" a difference between the 2 batteries.
    For the Innocharger, the LED will turn on once the Seidio 2200mAh battery is in the charger. This is normal. This will not happen with the OEM battery. There will not be any charging problem for both 2200mAh battery and the OEM battery for this issue.

2) Before returning my charger, I thought I'd try completely discharging the 2200 and then charging it in the innocharger. After only around an hour, I tested it, and found it already up to 42%. An hour later, it was at 44%, the exact max that it had reached before (when I initially tried charging it in the innocharger).

ADDENDUM: Well, when I checked it the next morning, it had charged all the way! To qwalls: perhaps you might try this as well: discharge battery completely, then try charging. Perhaps something in the circuitry requires this...
    Our engineering group is trying to duplicate the problem. Hopefully, you can try the charger to see if the same problem occurs.
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    PDADOC - I'll give it a shot. I don't really want to mess with a return over $10. I hope it works.

SeidioSeidio - What is different about your battery that would cause the LED to turn on with no external power? My battery has been working fine, but it seems like a difference that obvious could cause problems.
  19.    #59  
    Quote Originally Posted by qwalls
    PDADOC - I'll give it a shot. I don't really want to mess with a return over $10. I hope it works.

SeidioSeidio - What is different about your battery that would cause the LED to turn on with no external power? My battery has been working fine, but it seems like a difference that obvious could cause problems.
    Hi Qwalls,

This is more related to how we design the charger. It is quite normal.
    I do not expect any problem either with battery or charger. Please keep me informed.

David Chang
    Seidio
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    Hi Qwalls,

This is more related to how we design the charger. It is quite normal.
    I do not expect any problem either with battery or charger. Please keep me informed.

David Chang
    Seidio
    Thanks for the reply. What I meant was the batteries must be wired differently internally if your battery causes the LED to come on, and the OEM battery doesn't. That seems more like a difference in the batteries than something unique about the charger.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast