Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by davisdog
    I always thought the world revolved around California and its only 10am out here
    Hi Steve,

You just woke up ?

David Chang
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by davisdog
    I always thought the world revolved around California and its only 10am out here
    I'll respond to you in three hours when you finally catch up to the rest of us.
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio
    Hi Steve,

You just woke up ?

David Chang
    My Alarm just went off, but that doesnt do any good anymore since the 4 and 6yr old got me up a long time ago

Quote Originally Posted by twitch3
    I'll respond to you in three hours when you finally catch up to the rest of us.

How about we all agree to pretend we are in Hawaii, that way we get more sleep, work less hours and the weather is beautiful...I just went there 3 months ago but I'm willing to go back anytime
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio
    THe battery is on now, but the other two items will be on by 1:00 PM

http://www.seidioonline.com/index.as...ROD&ProdID=216

Sorry for the delay

David Chang
    Here are the other two items.
    http://www.seidioonline.com/index.as...ROD&ProdID=217
    http://www.seidioonline.com/index.as...ROD&ProdID=218
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    Thanks David. I wish you would consider a relatively inexpensive stand charger that would accept the Treo with a case. Like the Innodock without the USB and bells and whistles. That would be really great! I'll keep asking if you need me too.
    I'm tempted by this...but I'm always so worried about third party batteries. What's the concensus here? Do you think there's any risk it could damage the phone?

Thanks!
    -Brian
    Quote Originally Posted by bkrodgers
    I'm tempted by this...but I'm always so worried about third party batteries.

That's my concern with third party batteries as well
    I ordered one. It will be nice to get some extra talk/data time. I have 2 batteries already but I don't like having to carry extra batteries so I usually leave my spare at home.

maybe I'll sell my Palm OEM on ebay after this.
    Well...I just got one in the mail this afternoon from Seidio and you'll be happy to hear that I put it in, it fit perfectly and the treo booted right up

....and so far no smoke or flames

The Treo seems to be perfectly happy with it and I'm looking forward to have the additional battery life.

I havent been able to do any real testing to confirm the extra capacity (we are having a storm and it has knocked out power to our house 3 times so it's been a little tough to charge it back to 100% . I'll do some testing and post some comparisons tomorrow.

Also, as far as weight...if I pull out the battery's and hold them in my hand the Seidio feels just a hair heavier but I can't tell the difference when they are in the treo. My wife is a Veternarian so I'll have her weigh them both on a little bird scale so we can see the actual difference.

-Steve
    Just bought the Complete On the Go package..i'll post results when I get it.
    I've been using the mugen extended battery for about a year and have no complaints. Seems to be holding its charge still.
    I wish I could afford one of the Seidio ones. I just spent my money on a Sena LeatherSkin + Lateral Pouch combo.

$29.95 is a great deal for an extended life battery.
    For those that were interested in how much heavier the Seidio Extended Battery is, I had my wife weigh it on the Bird Scale they have it work (She's a Veternarian)

OEM Battery = 41 Grams
    Seidio Battery= 44 Grams

From a Veternarians perspective that insignificant (a little rat ****

The Treo (without Battery) = 135 Grams

so you are going from 176 grams to just 179 grams

and to put it in perspective..the Treo/Battery combo weighs as much as an overweight parakeet (but dont try and put that in your pocket

ps...So far it does look like I'm getting almost 20% improvement in battery life with my 2200mAh Seido over my 1800mAh Palm Original Battery
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    I got mine Monday, put it in the Treo before I went to bed and let it charge about 7 hours. Today was moderate to heavy usage for me. About 110 minutes of voice, checking email about every hour, a couple webpages, regular PDA use, and about an hour of MP3s at the gym. 15 hours later, I'm at 32% which is pretty good. Definitely better than the stock battery. I usually charge in the car to and from work (about 35 minutes each way) with the OEM battery, but I didn't today to see how this one would do. Good investment for $30. I would like to see a comparison with the $60 one.

I also got the charger since it was just $10 extra. I put the OEM batery in it last night. The light still shows red. Is it supposed to change color when the battery is charged?
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Well... I thought it was just my unit, but I see it now appears there may be a real problem with the innocharger. I also just got the whole pack. I charged the new 2200 battery overnight (12 hours), and it was still red, AND it was only at 44% charge. I then put it in my regular OEM cradle, and it charged up fine. I already called and submittted for a RMA to exchange it, but I wonder if there's a more "systematic" problem here with the charger....Is your OEM battery charging in the new charger?
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    The OEM battery doesn't seem to be charging. I have 2 OEM batteries, I kept one in the phone, and the other in the Palm cradle. I put the fully charged one in the Seidio charger, and waited an hour, and it still showed red...So so far, Seidio battery good, Seidio charger bad. Update on the battery, after 17 hours, and running 30 minutes of video in TCPMP in addition to what was mentioned in my pervious post, the battery is at 27%. Just one day, but so far I'm impressed with the battery.
    Well, it's sounding like so far this battery is a winner. I still have some worries about third party batteries and I know that in the past, Seidio has had some quality problems. But it sounds like this one is working out well so far. I'd just ordered a replacement OEM battery from TC when they announced this, but at this price, I think it may make sense to return the OEM one and order this. Any word on TC carrying this soon?
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    Just checked the level of the OEM battery after 24 hours in the charger...59% which is around where it was when I put it in. Going to bed now. The Seidio battery ended up at 20% after 17.5 hours including over an hour of video, over an hour of MP3s, about 110 minutes of voice, checking email about every hour, a couple webpages, and regular PDA use. I'm pleased.
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Yup, Seidio battery seems great. I haven't done such an "exact" test, but left the treo with screen and keyboard on for several hours yesterday (at least 6), after it being used regularly for several hours before that. This morning (didn't keep screen on all night, but radio still on), still at 41%.

The charger seems to be a problem. I'm sure Seidio will handle this appropriately....
  20.    #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by pdadoc
    Yup, Seidio battery seems great. I haven't done such an "exact" test, but left the treo with screen and keyboard on for several hours yesterday (at least 6), after it being used regularly for several hours before that. This morning (didn't keep screen on all night, but radio still on), still at 41%.

The charger seems to be a problem. I'm sure Seidio will handle this appropriately....
    Hi Pdadoc,

We are going to look into the charger issue this morning, I will get back to you soon. I am glad you like the battery.

David Chang
    Seidio
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast