Global Posts
    296 Global Posts
    Does anyone know of a way to set a hotsync ID WITHOUT a hotsync <g>?

I'm out and about without a hotsync cable, and had to reset my Treo - it's been resetting itself multiple times a day, and I got sick of it. I tried just backing up/restoring, but it still resets, so I really need to just reinstall programs one by one (I keep most of them in a directory on my SD card for such purposes), but I don't have a hotsync ID right now, so some of them will not "register"

Thanks.

Danita
    Search for an app called changename.
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein
    Here is a link I used when I asked the exact same question

http://mytreo.net/forum/index.php/topic,10624.0.html

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Global Posts
    296 Global Posts
    Thanks to all. I couldn't find anything "unzipped" while I was out and about, but got changename.prc put on my SD card after returning to the office. It's a bit flaky - I had to put two spaces in front of the Hotsync ID, as it kept stripping the first two characters OUT of the ID each time I set it - once I figured that out, it was cool, and will be a nice tool to keep on the card for future needs!

As for the "unsaved preferences" - that's a good tip too - however, since I was resetting because the Treo was behaving badly, I really didn't want to use any "settings" from the backup unless absolutely necessary to try to narrow down what my problem could be!

Thanks.

Danita