1.    #1  
    I have just bought a new Treo, my first Palm device and am very excited

I thought it came with a Palm application that had free Reuters news and allowed me to install games called Addin. I got a full demonstration over Thanksgiving from my techie brother and decided I had to have a Treo for this alone.

I purchased my Treo from Verizon and it doesn't have any of the cool applications on my brothers palm. He has a brand new T version (not the Treo). Surely Palm would put the same stuff on the Treo as the T?

Please help me. My brother will take a week to return my call.

Justini
    Unless they were on the install CD, you will have to start purchasing your software for your new handheld computer. There are several sites and you are at one of them right now.

http://www.mobihand.com/treocentral/...asp?category=8

Cheers, Perry

P.S. If the games came with your brother's Tungsten T/X, they may be on his install CD . . . . . .
    Welcome to TC.

Ask your bro for names of apps in question.

Look here, www.palmgear.com, www.handango.com, and www.freewarepalm.com. That should get you going.

Beyond that, use the search function on this site to find many, many, many threads discussing useful/favorite/popular/must-have apps. Also search for any questions you may have...odds are good it's been asked and answered many times before.

Good luck and enjoy your Treo.
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein
    If you are going to use Documents To Go:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=83240

Cheers, Perry
    I think you are talking about Palm's Addit application. It ships on the ROM of the new LifeDrive and Tx models of Palm's handhelds. The Tungsten T is very old so your brother likely has a Tx not a T.

You can download the Treo Edition from http://www.palmaddit.com/addit/support_downloads.html

Addit is a very cool application. It provides free Reuters news and will wirelessly update or when you hot sync. It also has free weather and makes trying applications very easy. Palm has done a great job with this application and likely will have it on future Treo's.

Verizon for some reason has a very cut down version of the Treo compared to Sprint. Not sure why this is.
  6.    #6  
    Thanks for the super fast replies. Addit was the application that I was looking for. Addin was close anyway, must have been my blonde highlights I have it up and running and love it!

Splashshopper is every girls dream, dutifully downloaded and purchased already. Are there many other woman on this forum? I wish that Addit allowed me to buy accessories. Palm are you listening?
    Addit is a bloatware piece of crud and you should be happy it didn't come infested on your Treo when you got it!

Just checkout the forums here, at 1src.com, Palminfocenter, pda247, pdaarcade, and palmaddicts to find the best apps and games...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by justini
    Thanks for the super fast replies. Addit was the application that I was looking for. Addin was close anyway, must have been my blonde highlights I have it up and running and love it!

Splashshopper is every girls dream, dutifully downloaded and purchased already. Are there many other woman on this forum? I wish that Addit allowed me to buy accessories. Palm are you listening?
    umm, we try to remain gender-hidden on this site. wouldn't want any sexism creepin to our posts.
    GSM Treo 600 > Unlocked GSM Treo 650 on T-Mobile - Attempting to use a BB Curve

Technology is neither good nor evil, good people will find good uses for it and evil people will find evil uses for it. Phil P.