1.    #1  
    I had to wipe my Treo 650 (hard reset) but I saved a copy of my Saved Prefs before I did it.
    Now I have everything installed (I re-installed clean versions rathr than restore from backup).
    I don't need/want the old Saved Prefs file, (I would like to keep it clean), but one of my old apps (Super Miners) stored game-level information in the old Saved Prefs.
    When I open the old Saved Prefs in Resco Explorer I can see the application preference there.

Long story short... I know I can restore the whole Saved Prefs pdb, but... is there a tool that will let me backup/save only one of the Prefs (not all) and restore only that one?

I hope it makes sense.

Thanks,
    Ix.
    Filez will let you edit your saved preferences.
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $FileZ$ $won$'$t$ $work$ $because$ $it$ $won$'$t$ $let$ $you$ $edit$ $or$ $replace$ $individual$ $preferences$. $You$ $can$ &$quot$;$extract$&$quot$; $the$ $old$ $preference$ $record$ $with$ $FileZ$, $but$ $I$ $don$'$t$ $see$ $any$ $way$ $to$ $import$/$insert$ $it$ $into$ $the$ $new$ $prefs$ $file$. $Sorry$ $I$ $don$'$t$ $know$ $of$ $another$ $tool$ $offhand$.
    ... Als sie mich holten, gab es keinen mehr, der protestieren konnte.
    ... Then they came for me, and there was no one left to speak out.
    -- Rev. Martin Niemöller

Clie T615C + Nokia 6360 (SunCom) --> Treo 650 (Sprint) --> Treo 755p (Sprint) + BlackBerry 7130e (VZW)
    Palm (aka Plantronics) Ultralight Wireless headset
    Helix Holster
  4.    #4  
    Thanks, you are right, I tested Filez, SysTools, PrefEd and Resco Explorer. They all let me view, delete and export (doesn't really work) individual pref entries, but do not let me Edit or Import new entries.

Well, I guess I need to play all 66 levels again :-(

Thanks!
    Ix.
    - Albert Einstein
  6.    #6  
    Thanks. I will test it. From the release notes it seems like another read/delete only app, but who knows...

"View details of System Prefrences. Lists all system preferences records, inlcuding saved preferences and unsaved preferences. And you can view the content of any preference. Lists the (possible) owner program of the preference, even the programs are stored in /Palm/Launcher/ directory. You can easier to determine whether the preference is necessary, and delete it with a single tap. "
    How about Cleanup from Northglide? If you delete saved prefs with that, it creates a backup of the ones you specify that you can restore later.
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  8.    #8  
    scottymomo, you were right on...! Cleanup is the solution. I actually bought a copy +3 years ago (or so) and never used it since...

It works. If you ever want to backup/restore individual preference entries that is the way to go. Simply install Cleanup, list all prefs, select the one (or more) you need, backup, create a new prefs file (or wipe old one), rerun Cleanup and restore available entries.

Thanks,
    Ix.
    So there's really nothing that will EDIT the records in a database? That's really bizarre, all the programs that will view and delete them, but not edit. That stinks.

I'm playing a game (Enigma in the Wine Cellar) and I've collected 6 items and messed up and got myself stuck and and to "relocate" myself. I can easily do it if I can edit its record in saved preferences. Bah.

Maybe I'll sync and try to hexedit saved preferences.. Kinda scary though.
    That worked.. Synced, hex edited the Saved Preferences file, then copied it to my SD card, then copied it into ram. Back on track in my game.
    Sweet, nice tip!
    - Albert Einstein
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus
    So there's really nothing that will EDIT the records in a database? That's really bizarre, all the programs that will view and delete them, but not edit. That stinks.
    Palm Insider Pro lets you edit prefs records.
    Pilot Pro > 2Mb+IrDA upgrade > Clie T615C > Treo 650
    RsrcEdit with let you edit and copy prefs to a temp file that you can cut and paste from later
    how about PalmCommander
    Go to the Preference Editer screenshot
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    I'll be, Franko. There is one use for Palm Commander. Thanks!! I was really surprized that Filez, PrefEd, and Resco Explorer all were unable to edit the preferences.

BTW, the game is Engima in the Wine Cellar, I dunno why but it is fascinating to me. I like games like it.

http://www.freewarepalm.com/games/en...necellar.shtml