1.    #1  
    Hi All, I'm brand new to the Treo world having just purchased one of the Cingular refurb units. All seems to be well, working and in quite new condition. I've been wondering whether a solution exists for using the treo 650 as a wilderness/hiking GPS. For this to be viable, I would need access to high quality topographic maps. I know there is a big market for treo automotive GPS units but, I haven't been able to fine a backcountry solution yet. Any thoughts or ideas will be very much appreciated. I apologize in advance if this topic has already been discussed.Thanks!
    There are several previous posts. Here's one. A search on "gps hiking" will show you more.
  3.    #4  
    Thanks for the info. Now to complicate matters, I forgot to mention that I use a Mac. I checked all the references mentioned above and, the systems all seem to require Windows.
    If DeLorme does not have a Mac option, I am not sure anyone will. Try calling their Customer Service line. . . .

Good Luck.

P.S. Does Apple have software that allows you to use Windows programs? Might be a work around option with that.