1.    #1  
    I updated my Cingular phone to the ROW 1.28/1.13 FW back when it was released (before the Cingular version was released). I'm just wondering whether anybody has figured out a way to get back to the branded version of the firmware. Also, is there any reason I would want to go back to the Cingular version, or am I better off just updating to the latest ROW version?

I apologize if this is already answered elsewhere. I did a search, but came up with a little too many threads to sift through easily.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    I did that. I had to re-flash it with version 1.23 Cing firmware then worked my way up to the current version. It works fine. It has the Cingular Xpress Mail program back and the Cingular logo, but other than that, it works great.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Djscoe
    I did that. I had to re-flash it with version 1.23 Cing firmware then worked my way up to the current version. It works fine. It has the Cingular Xpress Mail program back and the Cingular logo, but other than that, it works great.
    So do you just install the Cingular v1.23 firmware as if you were updating from an earlier Cingular version? Also, how do you know which version (CNA/CNB/CNG) of the upgrade to use? Is it the same as the "Hardware Version" in the Phone Info screen?

Thanks for the info.
  4.    #4  
    Ugh...finally got it after installing the ROW 1.23, and the earlier CNG twice.