1.    #1  
    Good morning all,

Yesterday morning I installed the firmware update provided by palm for my Treo 650. Had nothing but problems during the install...followed all the troubleshooting tips on the site and couldn't get my old Palm desktop profile to sync and restore my backed up data. Eventually I got the update to complete successfully and still can't get my old data restored. It's still on the Palm Desktop, just won't sync.

I created a new profile and imported my contacts and calendar, but I can't find my IM history and call log (both saved for work purposes).

With 2 "users" in palm desktop, is there a way to sync user profile rather than the other one?? I hard reset the phone and started over like 5 times and still the same results, and it keeps going back to my "newly created profile" even if the old one is open in Desktop...

Any help would be greatly appreciated....
    The 1st time you sync after a hard rest, it should ask you (on the PC) to pick the profile to sync to (or to make up a completely new profile).

Do you see that dialog box on the PC?
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
  3.    #3  
    Thanks alot for the reply.

I did get that message initially, I clicked on my existing profile (the old one) then there was always a problem with the successful completion of the firmware update. With my old profile, there was always an error updating the firmware. Once I created the new profile, things went smoothly.

The problem I experienced was going back to my original user profile...when the firmware update was unsuccessful, I couldn't even restore my old info but it's still in palm desktop. I have my contacts and calendar, which are most important, but the other information previously mentioned is something I need as well.

Is there a way to sync that info (from original user name) back my treo from palm desktop?? Or can I just chalk this up to experience???
    After you have sucessfully updated your ROM, do another hard reset. Then you'll get that chance to select profiles again.

In fact, you don't need the temporary profile you created to install the ROM update..
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A