Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast
    Nevermind, CJKOS has to be in there....

-----------------------
    I notice there is CJKOS.prc in Ace-palmos.zip.
    Can I just delete it using T650 tool?

Quote Originally Posted by KeyserSoze
    No problem. I am trying to upload now but the speed is very slow. I'll post a link when I succeed.

KS
    Last edited by noworry; 12/03/2005 at 07:19 AM.
    Nevermind.... Zero out reset fix this problem...

---------------------------------------
    I upgrade it from 114dbg/1.51

After the successfull Update it says firmfare 1.71 but still 114 instead of 1.20?

What did I do wrong?
    Last edited by noworry; 12/03/2005 at 08:18 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by lovecostarica
    K:

I'm guessing that you renamed the Palm directory on your SD card first, and then put the ROM update, whole Palm directory onto your SD card? Also, please advise what ROM you are trying to install.

Basically, because the ROM's are ready to go, once your SD card is recognized, and then the (new) Palm directory is read, and the Treo finds the start.prc in the Palm directory, it is automatic.

M
    I didn't really rename anything. My card was blank. So now I have a Card with /PALM, and /Launcher and /programs under the /PALM directory. I'm trying to install the version which still has Versamail.
    Quote Originally Posted by kattanm
    I didn't really rename anything. My card was blank. So now I have a Card with /PALM, and /Launcher and /programs under the /PALM directory. I'm trying to install the version which still has Versamail.
    I did the exact same thing. Just unzipped the Custom 1 file to a blank SD card. Had one folder called PALM - hard reset the Treo, go through the initial setup, soft reset, insert SD card, FW updates fine, ROM craps out. "error updating ROM". That's it. Does it every time. The device seems to be ok running FW 1.71 and SW 1.13-ROW. ROM update will NOT load at all.

Anyone?
    Kepp trying. I got that error about 8 times. had to do a few hard resets.
    It will work
    Quote Originally Posted by smileyboy
    Kepp trying. I got that error about 8 times. had to do a few hard resets.
    It will work
    what rom are you updated with?
    did you downgraded before each try?
    tx
    Does this update work for Unlocked GSM sold by Palm in the US?
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    The update does work with Palm's Unlocked GSM. I just updated one using the third variant listed at the begining of this discussion. Several cycles to get to the language screen but all went well. If I have problems, I'll post them. Thanks to all those who made this possible.
    I'm also having junkieboot's problem. is the answer, keep trying ? with hard resets inbetween?
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    NOTE: the link for kaizer soze's rom on the first post of this thread is broken. The correct link is in post #60. Could someone please edit post #1 to fix it?

The correct link is:
    http://rapidshare.de/files/8432697/T...nimum.rar.html

(note that these forums truncate the link for display -- right click the link and choose 'copy url' to get the full URL)
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    I have compared the Cingular update to the Chinese version. My wife uses a locked Cingular 650 and I use a Palm unbranded one. I updated my wife's several days ago and updated mine tonight using the third option on first posting of this thread.

So far the Cingular update appears superior in three ways. First the Blazer browser is identified in the Cingular update as v4.3.2, the chinese update has v4.0. I have not noticed an appreciable load time difference between the two however.

Second, the bluetooth function with a HS 850 Motorala headset is clearly superior with the Cingular update. In this case, the Cingular update resolved all of the connection problems that we had related to that device.

Third, the Cingular update is using Versamail 3.1c and the Chinese is using v 3.0c

Is there anyone willing to put a rom update together with the best of both updates?
    Last edited by ostinato; 12/04/2005 at 03:39 AM.
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ostinato
    I have compared the Cingular update to the Chinese version. My wife uses a locked Cingular 650 and I use a Palm unbranded one. I updated my wife's several days ago and updated mine tonight using the third option on first posting of this thread.

So far the Cingular update appears superior in three ways. First the Blazer browser is identified in the Cingular update as v4.3.2, the chinese update has v4.0. I have not noticed an appreciable load time difference between the two however.

Second, the bluetooth function with a HS 850 Motorala headset is clearly superior with the Cingular update. In this case, the Cingular update resolved all of the connection problems that we had related to that device.

Third, the Cingular update is using Versamail 3.1c and the Chinese is using v 3.0c

Is there anyone willing to put a rom update together with the best of both updates?
    Yes, I can do it w/o any problem. Just post the link for the Chinese ROM version that you are currently using. You probably have it around 7 pm (ET)

FWI: I just download and unzip Treo650_FW171_SW120_ChineseMinimum (link posted in this thread) I found 2 weired files.

1, DCSavedState.bin found in PALM\DeviceCustomizer is the error report which automatically create after you have run updater unsuccessful. Mybe it is the reason why many of you still get the same error "error updating ROM"?

2, PackageVersion.txt (founded in PALM\DeviceCustomizer\Tre650.APR) should not be included, either.
    Last edited by treoluv; 12/04/2005 at 05:42 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ostinato

I did the update with the full unmodified Chinese version. My Blazer is v4.3.2 and my Versamail is v3.1.

I don't have an HS 850 to try but if I get a chance I will drop into a shop and try it out and let you know. It is fine with my HBH-662 but it was before also.

It seems that some people are experiencing an incomplete update with some of the custom ROMs.
    Quote Originally Posted by treoluv
    Yes, I can do it w/o any problem. Just post the link for the Chinese ROM version that you are currently using. You probably have it around 7 pm (ET)

FWI: I just download and unzip Treo650_FW171_SW120_ChineseMinimum (link posted in this thread) I found 2 weired files.

1, DCSavedState.bin found in PALM\DeviceCustomizer is the error report which automatically create after you have run updater unsuccessful. Mybe it is the reason why many of you still get the same error "error updating ROM"?

2, PackageVersion.txt (founded in PALM\DeviceCustomizer\Tre650.APR) should not be included, either.

I have the original full uncustomized package downloaded from the Chinese web site when it first became available. It does not include the DCSavedStare.bin file but does have the PackageVersion.txt file.

I had no problem with installation and have been very stable since installation except for a problem with AltKey which disappeared as soon as I disabled it.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jgm
    I did the update with the full unmodified Chinese version. My Blazer is v4.3.2 and my Versamail is v3.1.

I don't have an HS 850 to try but if I get a chance I will drop into a shop and try it out and let you know. It is fine with my HBH-662 but it was before also.

It seems that some people are experiencing an incomplete update with some of the custom ROMs.
    Here is the link I used last night to get the custom Rom.

http://rapidshare.de/files/8534841/T...tom-3.zip.html

I appears on the very first post in this string by "spankyoatmeal". Thanks for your help.
    My bluetooth definitely has better range than before.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFB
    I have posted the download link to 1.13/1.71 Yes, its only 1.13 and not 1.20 but this has Garnet 5.4.8 and the latest blazer too. Head on to mytreo.net
    Sorry to revive an old question... could anyone point me to the link to this particular 1.13/1.71 ROM? I'd really like to install 5.4.8 but would rather not have APR release.
    Pilot Pro > 2Mb+IrDA upgrade > Clie T615C > Treo 650
    app switching is much faster than 1.13/1.28 which I upgraded from, especially to the phone app. Im using KS's version.

question....I want to add a few apps to the ROM (filez, cardexport, etc...) I did add them with shadowmites tool, but it doesnt seem to update through the SD card when I put it into the Treo. It goes through the flashing screen but stops (cause it finds that the FW/OS are allready 1.71/1.20 ?). None of the app I added to the ROM show up. what do I do? Thanks.

edit: looking inside the custom ace-palmos.zip file, the apps I added are in there as PRC files.
    Quote Originally Posted by orthofel
    I'm also having junkieboot's problem. is the answer, keep trying ? with hard resets inbetween?
    Same here. Hard reset. I pop in the card, and I see DcInstaller and ROMUpdater, but nothing happens.
  20.    #160  
    If you check'em out, custom 3, 4, and 5, as well a 1 and 2, are exactly the same as Kaisers! as Kaiser used LCR's ROM to strip the Chinese from his.

There is a difference. Versamail files were left to ROMs where Versamail is present.

That would suggest, again, that the Chinese ROM was not made for US distribution, as we all know, and though some folks get a successful update, why not wait for a ROM really compatible with US Treos?

Seems kinda like forcing a square peg into a round hole. US ROM ROMs are so much more smooth in their flashing of US Treos... generally.

Spanky
Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast