Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast
    I've copied all the files in the .ZIP to my SD card. But when I pop it out and pop it back in, nothing happens. I just see the DCInstaller and ROMUpdater applications. ROMUpdater just says "No ROM image directory found."

What am I doing wrong?
    Just tried a short, unscientific test with FW 1.51 and 1.71. (Both using SW 1.13-ROW)
    No substaintial echo detected calling another cell using either FW versions. I'll stay with 1.71 for awhile longer and see if anything crops up.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaytee
    Just tried a short, unscientific test with FW 1.51 and 1.71. (Both using SW 1.13-ROW)
    No substaintial echo detected calling another cell using either FW versions. I'll stay with 1.71 for awhile longer and see if anything crops up.
    Try your speaker phone..turn the volume up to a listenable level...then see what happens...
    The echo is on the remote callers end. They hear an echo on everthing that they say. I have it with 1.51 and 1.71, but its not a big deal for me since I don't hold conversation with the SP.
    Last edited by swieder; 12/03/2005 at 09:25 AM.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Quote Originally Posted by JunkieBoot
    Try your speaker phone..turn the volume up to a listenable level...then see what happens...
    It was using the speakerphone on my end. Sorry, should have added that to my post.
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder
    The echo is on the remote callers end. They hear an echo on everthing that they say. I have it with 1.51 and 1.71, but its not a big deal for me since I don't hold conversation witht he SP.
    I asked the guy on the other end if he heard any substaintial echo. He didn't. (Yes... I was using speakerphone on my end.. at a reasonable level... i could speak and hear the guy on the other end.)
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus
    Have you read ANY of this thread? This FW is ripped out of some found-god-knows-where rom from a Chinese phone. So yeah, the default dialing prefs aren't going to be US, and yeah, there's a Chinese handwriting prefs in the Preferences.

Newbs should not install stuff like this..
    Who pulled your chain and asked you about my knowledge level of the device? I've had this device since the day the GSM was released man, it doesn't mean I've ever had a Hot sync not recheck the pref box for NA dialing. I mean it set everything else and not this. I knew enough to go and check the box didn't I?

I had and error flashing and a 5 min reset loop and set at the bootloader screen for 30 min before I got everything working and it's bad that I want to verify that it's the same for everyone else? Did you read any of this thread? Thanks for the "help" but I think I'll be OK without you're expert advice .
    Global Posts
    324 Global Posts
    Fry man, don't be that way, come on! He's probably from space, and that usually means it has something to do with you and that third world hell hole you live in next door.

- Carl

Quote Originally Posted by kattanm
    I've copied all the files in the .ZIP to my SD card. But when I pop it out and pop it back in, nothing happens. I just see the DCInstaller and ROMUpdater applications. ROMUpdater just says "No ROM image directory found."

What am I doing wrong?
    K:

I'm guessing that you renamed the Palm directory on your SD card first, and then put the ROM update, whole Palm directory onto your SD card? Also, please advise what ROM you are trying to install.

Basically, because the ROM's are ready to go, once your SD card is recognized, and then the (new) Palm directory is read, and the Treo finds the start.prc in the Palm directory, it is automatic.

M
    Quote Originally Posted by igargamel
    tried that, same error "error updating rom"
    the problem is the location of the rom is worng or something like that...
    i tried to run the romupdate.prc from the device itself and the app doesnt seem to find the rom file....
    ok, guess will have to wait to MFB rom tomorrow.....
    tx anyway
    Ig:

What ROM are you using?

The Directory structures in the ROMs are correct for a GSM phone. It should start automatically for you.

If you have not, download the ROM from the links of today; they have the fresh ROM sets.

M
    Quote Originally Posted by lovecostarica
    K:

I'm guessing that you renamed the Palm directory on your SD card first, and then put the ROM update, whole Palm directory onto your SD card? Also, please advise what ROM you are trying to install.

Basically, because the ROM's are ready to go, once your SD card is recognized, and then the (new) Palm directory is read, and the Treo finds the start.prc in the Palm directory, it is automatic.

M
    lovecostarica, this is exactly my problem.
    any solution for this?
    tx
    Quote Originally Posted by igargamel
    lovecostarica, this is exactly my problem.
    any solution for this?
    tx
    Ig:

follow this post and lets continue the dicsussion there...

http://discuss.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=101109

See you there.

M
    I installed the new Rom 2 from the 1st post.
    All OK but I found that BackupBuddy and RescoBackup now reset during backups. Never had a problem before.

I tried to go back to 1.13 official (did this a few times before after trying some FW).

But now it updates the FW to 1.28 OK but when it comes to updating the ROM it aborts telling me that there was a problem with a partition (or so, didn't take down the exact wording). Tried this several times, NO GO. Can't go back!!!!

So I'll havr to wait for official 1.171/1.20

Anybody tried this????

Update: I found the SD install method files for the original 1.13 ROW rom. This update went fine. And now Rescobackup and BackupBuddy do not reset again. The new memory management in the new 1.20 rom must have broken something with some apps!!!!!
    Last edited by mani_lx; 12/03/2005 at 05:17 AM.
    --
    Manfred
    Quote Originally Posted by mportune
    Fry man, don't be that way, come on! He's probably from space, and that usually means it has something to do with you and that third world hell hole you live in next door.

- Carl

Damn the Mooninites! You're probably right, I sure wish I could move...
    Custom 4. 'Full, cleaned and stripped ROM'.
    http://rapidshare.de/files/8484797/...stom-4.zip.html

I downloaded this version and installed great but there seems to be two missing files. They are the program files for VersaMail. If I get the two .prc files from the full version load them in RAM it works fine.

Can you add them? Or is it possible just to add them to the ace-treoos.zip?

Thanks.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Ok...what am I doing wrong here. I format an SD card. Unzip ROM Custom 1 to the root of the SD card. I don't change any directory names - I unzip just as it is. I then hard reset my Treo, plug it into the wall charger, insert theSD card, FW update runs successfully, and then it tries to update the ROM and fails with the message "Error Updating ROM". I do a hard reset - FW is 1.71, SW is still 1.13 ROW. The ROM/SW never upgrades. Anyone?
    You might try going back farther, to 1.21 or 1.23, which are the "beta" ROMs that apparently do not check versions when up/downgrading
    Cingular Treo 650 with 1.14/1.51 ROW software/firmware
    modified Piel Frama & Innopocket cases
    modified battery cover (with drilled reset hole)
    1 GB Card o' Software & Stuff
    Camera Disabled (to keep the security guards happy)
    Quote Originally Posted by JunkieBoot
    Ok...what am I doing wrong here. I format an SD card. Unzip ROM Custom 1 to the root of the SD card. I don't change any directory names - I unzip just as it is. I then hard reset my Treo, plug it into the wall charger, insert theSD card, FW update runs successfully, and then it tries to update the ROM and fails with the message "Error Updating ROM". I do a hard reset - FW is 1.71, SW is still 1.13 ROW. The ROM/SW never upgrades. Anyone?
    When you unzip it you will end up with an unzipped folder with the same name as the zipped folder. Inside this folder is a folder named Palm. This is the one you want to put on your SD card. If you have a Palm folder on your card already you can temporarily rename it then after the installation remove or rename the installation Palm folder and change the name of your original folder back to Palm.
    Quote Originally Posted by treofox
    You might try going back farther, to 1.21 or 1.23, which are the "beta" ROMs that apparently do not check versions when up/downgrading

Problem fixed. See above my original post.
    --
    Manfred
    Quote Originally Posted by jgm
    When you unzip it you will end up with an unzipped folder with the same name as the zipped folder. Inside this folder is a folder named Palm. This is the one you want to put on your SD card. If you have a Palm folder on your card already you can temporarily rename it then after the installation remove or rename the installation Palm folder and change the name of your original folder back to Palm.
    I did this. 3 times at least. I can see it start the update and then it bombs saying "error updating ROM". It doesn't even really start copying anything - it quits right away. Then I notice in my main launcher I see a couple of "update" programs like GSM update, DC Installer, etc. So I do a hard reset and try again - it is a consistent issue. It will bomb every time.

Is it possible that my Treo is some newer generation that won't accept anything but ROW GSM updates? I bought it new from Palm directly about 2 months ago - it came with version 1.13-ROW SW and FW 1.28. The firmware update happens perfectly - currently 1.71 - it is the rest that fails.

Thoughts anyone? I mean if I have to wait for the official ROW update I will, but it seems strange to me that this won't work...
Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast