Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast
    tHANKS FOR THE CUSTOM ROMS. I am happy the were done for me. I don't have the patience to do them my self. Works great. But, what advantages does the new 5.4.8 have?
    I just did the update by copying the FW files to an SD card and than copying/running them from RAM.

I have the files ziped up, but when I go to attach them to this post I get a message saying that the zip file contains no data. It is a 1.2M zip file that I can mail to you. PM me you address if you want it.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Ruh Roh... Houston we have a problem. Is anyone else getting reports from people that hear an echo of there voice when you have them on speaker phone AFTER upgrading to FW 1.71? I have tested this and using FW 1.71 with SW 1.13-ROW people I am talking to hear their voice echoing back consistently - this only happens on speaker phone, not on handset or BT headset. Anyone??
    Updated Custom 1 and 2 ROMs. Took out Chinese/excess files. Much smaller now.

Kaiser and MFB can you put your ROMs and links into the top post for easy access?

Maria
    Quote Originally Posted by Fry-man22
    Ha this just happened by accident. I just left it at the bootloader screen for like 30 min and when I noticed it getting warm I decided to remove the battery. After I took out the battery I decided to put it back in just one more time and low-and-behold I got the language choice screen. Chose English hit "Z" and now all is well. I think I may be out on future beta firmware, going to wait on Palm for the next one .
    You may be on to something! Perhaps getting into the boot loader (rainbow screen) and THEN taking the battery out and putting it back in breaks the reset loop?? Hmm, I don't remember exactly what I did in what sequence, but for sure, I did also remove the battery while I was messing with the 0-out reset/boot loader screen when the phone magically booted successfully.

Well, I don't think I will try it again just to proof this point.... but I am glad you have your phone back!
    I am also having people echoing if I have the speakerphone on. If the volume is one or two bars it is okay, higher echo.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Same here. Echo problems on the remote end when the speakerphone is turned on. I am also using VC 4.44. I am going to downgrade back to 1.51 and see how that works.

I don't use the speakerphone too often. If 1.51 has the same problem as 1.71 than I will stick with the new version.
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder
    Same here. Echo problems on the remote end when the speakerphone is turned on. I am also using VC 4.44. I am going to downgrade back to 1.51 and see how that works.

I don't use the speakerphone too often. If 1.51 has the same problem as 1.71 than I will stick with the new version.
    I downgraded to 1.51 and the problem went away. Go figure.
    I went back to 1.51 and it seemed to also have an echo. I am going back up to 1.71 since I only use the speakerphone to listen to messages or answer a call while I put on the headset.

I may play around with the VC settings to see if I can find a balance that works.
    Last edited by swieder; 12/01/2005 at 07:15 PM.
    I'll remove the old download link and upload the latest one I made (will be posted here and later on the first post of this thread). This one has dbcache of 13631 available which is similar to the 1.13 stripped ROM I previously made! I finally figured out that in order to prevent the languages selection loop, CJKOS prc should be left in the acepalmos. I have removed all chinese language files (pdbs related too) including mf overlays, versamail and real. It still includes world clock and calculator. I strongly suggest those upgrading to do a zero out reset first (just a precaution) to hopefully prevent problems like what fryman and curlykraut has encountered. I'm glad you guys found a way out of the loop. I don't understand why it happened in the first place as the ones who upgraded were problem free.
    Quote Originally Posted by KeyserSoze
    After several unsuccessful tries I've finally finished uploading my own custom slim ROM: no RealPlayer or VersaMail, no Chinese UI localization files, no handwriting recognition Chinese input but with core CJKOS files. So this is as close as it gets to an English ROM but with basic CJKOS left which can be turned off in Prefs.

http://rapidshare.de/files/8432697/T...nimum.rar.html
    Thank you very much
    Quote Originally Posted by Fry-man22
    I updated to this ROM and now I'm in a reset loop that I cannot fix. I can't fix it with a hard reset, removing the battery doesn't work. I tried the instructions for a zero out reset but the rainbow colored bootloader screen keeps being displayed which according to palm means I've done it wrong and I neeed to try again, but I know I was holding down all three buttons (A co-worker walked by and saw me with the stylus in my mouth and thought it was quite funny, f@ck palm )

Any help would be much appreciated, I've never had to call support but it looks like today could be my day...
    I would suggest ask a friend t help do a zero out reset.
    I encountered the same problem after update and a zero reset solve it.
    1.20 APR Messages has a date time stamp bug when in chat mode. Time shown is advanced by a few hours. This bug is also present in the 1.14dbg There's a thread over at mytreo.net that discuss this issue. It seems to also affect versamail. Hope they fix it when 1.20 ROW is released.
    I just updated from 1.51. After everything was finshed I got an error message saying error updating ROM. It did not reset. I turned the phone on and phone info says 1.71. (whew!) That was strange. Updated from a card, no zero out.
    I also seem to have over a mb less memory than before.
    Wow. Is it just me, or do the apps seem a lot faster when opening?
    Quote Originally Posted by MFB
    1.20 APR Messages has a date time stamp bug when in chat mode. Time shown is advanced by a few hours. This bug is also present in the 1.14dbg There's a thread over at mytreo.net that discuss this issue. It seems to also affect versamail. Hope they fix it when 1.20 ROW is released.
    My message time stamps in chat mode are all right on. I have network time enabled in Worldclock. Using unbranded GSM with non-customized 1.71/1.20.
    There is indeed a decrease in available memory. But then again, I would rather have db cache management.

Sms time bug in chat mode is still there even on an empty treo after a hard reset (a resetting dialog appeared, nice touch). It must be 1.20 being customized as I didn't have that problem on 1.13. But it may be a network problem too.

I tried the full 1.20 APR yesterday and dbcache would run out at times in Blazer. A warning message to free up memory pops up but no crash.
    Last edited by MFB; 12/01/2005 at 10:47 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by idian
    I would suggest ask a friend t help do a zero out reset.
    I encountered the same problem after update and a zero reset solve it.
    I guess you missed the post where I said I resolved the issue. I did ask someone to help me, however and was still rewarded with the bootloader screen. All is well now though, thanks for the suggestion.
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    This firmware is AMAZING!
    I will not look back at any of the others.
    Trust me I tried almost all of them and for a good amount of time (about 1-2weeks and sometimes months) but nothing beats this.
    Thanks Kyserzose and MFB. You are the best.

I have this 1.17APR/1.20 for about 4 hours now and it's working great. No resets no dings or hisses and quality is Fantastic. (I still recommend VC, i love it. It boosts up sound overall. I like it for ptunes).

RECEPTION IMPROVED! I swear it. I was setting in this same spot in my basement doing some school work (and search up on this update) and I had 1 bar and no bars for a while. Before updating I just got off the phone using the new cingular update and i heard so many stutters on the other line and i only have 1 bar, just barely enough to make the call. After the upgrade im at 2-3 Bars!! this is great, first phone to ever do that. Im impressed. The bars didnt go away and i made sure its not just a bar thing that comes and goes or means nothing. I fired up ptunes and streamed Defjay.com 64kbs and it played flawlessly. Next i went with another station 128kbs (this is on tmobile btw) and no rebuffering after the first 2-3 minutes(until i stopped it with no rebuffering) Im happy!

FASTER WEB, i dont know if this update just handles things better, but on speeds test i never broke 82kbs a sec on dslreports.com/mspeed...but with this i got a solid 125kbs 2ice

Its like getting a treo 650 that actually is woking right.
    I was scared of the looping, but i installed the one by KZ http://rapidshare.de/files/8432697/T...nimum.rar.html

and it works great, just a couple of loops after install. otherwise it let me pick a language and move on.

I also noticed that the phone is a lot faster. apps open almost instantly.
    I did a clean install of the 10 apps i used that have to be in internal memory and i have about 15-16MB free from 23MB, which is great compared to the junk i had with same apps and i was down to 4mb..something was eating it. My trusty SD card has the rest of the goodies in it and it always comes through.

It would be very interesting to see when the new GSM rom for unlocked t650s comes about. Right now im happy with this and I recommend it!

I probably would not upgrade even if the new one come out...unless there are similar or better improvements and tons of feedback.
    Made this just for fun...I'm Kermit

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast