Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by KeyserSoze
    After several unsuccessful tries I've finally finished uploading my own custom slim ROM: no RealPlayer or VersaMail, no Chinese UI localization files, no handwriting recognition Chinese input but with core CJKOS files. So this is as close as it gets to an English ROM but with basic CJKOS left which can be turned off in Prefs.

http://rapidshare.de/files/8432697/T...nimum.rar.html
    What would it take to get this without Real Player but WITH VersaMail?
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut
    I did, I am running 1.13 ROW and Firmware 1.71. Seems to work fine.
    What files do i need to just update the firmware? I reviewed the list from a previous post that allowed me to do this from the Cingular verison that was recently released, but the same files do not all exsist in this Chiense verison. Can anyway help me here?

Thanks!
    Jeff
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > AT&T Tilt > Treo 750 > Treo Pro
    John 16:33
    Quote Originally Posted by JunkieBoot
    What would it take to get this without Real Player but WITH VersaMail?
    Well I started my "trimming" from lovecostarica's Custom ROM #2 which didn't have RealPlayer or VersaMail in the first place. If I had the full ROM file now, to be honest, it would be easier to just add the VersaMail files back to my slim version than to remove those damned UI localization files with hundreds of mouse clicks.
    Quote Originally Posted by KeyserSoze
    Well I started my "trimming" from lovecostarica's Custom ROM #2 which didn't have RealPlayer or VersaMail in the first place. If I had the full ROM file now, to be honest, it would be easier to just add the VersaMail files back to my slim version than to remove those damned UI localization files with hundreds of mouse clicks.
    I have the full ROM - how do I get it to you?
    The volume rocker cancels the ringer on incoming calls.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFB
    I have managed to make a lean rom that has a total size of 12543 Dbcache on an emptry Treo 650.

I removed Versamail, real player, all chinese related files leaving those MF_* files . I did remove some MF_* files and these were the ones corresponding to Versamail, real, pen , cjkos, etc. I also removed the big pdbs IM* and the ones for chinese fonts.

On my first attempt to make a custom rom for 1.20/1.71, it suffered from a language selection loop error that was only solvable via warm reset and a corresponding soft reset.

This latest custom has been tested and it doest have that error anymore. I believe it was previously caused by removing all of the MF_ files. This custom rom will may or may not support chinese but definitely works with English. After restoration and a soft reset, db cache free is at 5804 kb(my ram has 6184 kb free)

Here is the download link http://rapidshare.de/files/8418671/1...d_ROM.zip.html
    I updated to this ROM and now I'm in a reset loop that I cannot fix. I can't fix it with a hard reset, removing the battery doesn't work. I tried the instructions for a zero out reset but the rainbow colored bootloader screen keeps being displayed which according to palm means I've done it wrong and I neeed to try again, but I know I was holding down all three buttons (A co-worker walked by and saw me with the stylus in my mouth and thought it was quite funny, f@ck palm )

Any help would be much appreciated, I've never had to call support but it looks like today could be my day...
    Try a warm reset, if this don't help, palm service is your only option at the moment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowdawg54
    What files do i need to just update the firmware? I reviewed the list from a previous post that allowed me to do this from the Cingular verison that was recently released, but the same files do not all exsist in this Chiense verison. Can anyway help me here?

Thanks!
    Can some post just the FW upgrade files for GSM 1.71?

It looks like you grab the 7 .pdb/.prc files from the ROM file to have everything that you need for updating just the FW.
    Last edited by swieder; 12/01/2005 at 09:44 AM.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fry-man22
    I updated to this ROM and now I'm in a reset loop that I cannot fix. I can't fix it with a hard reset, removing the battery doesn't work. I tried the instructions for a zero out reset but the rainbow colored bootloader screen keeps being displayed which according to palm means I've done it wrong and I neeed to try again, but I know I was holding down all three buttons (A co-worker walked by and saw me with the stylus in my mouth and thought it was quite funny, f@ck palm )

Any help would be much appreciated, I've never had to call support but it looks like today could be my day...
    I had the same problem (twice...). What I did is I kept trying the zero-out reset (with no avail, only got to the bootloader screen..) in between normal soft resets and/or warm resets. Both times (I should be shot for this... ) I was able to eventually get out of the loop and into the Language select screen. Once you get there, you will need to do one more warm reset.

Good luck. Keep trying! It worked for me. Took me ~30 minutes or so.
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder
    Can some post just the FW upgrade files for GSM 1.71?

It looks like you grab the 7 .pdb/.prc files from the ROM file to have everything that you need for updating just the FW.
    I would agree it looks like you need the 7 files. Problem is I only see 5 .pdb/.prc files within the full software.
    Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowdawg54
    I would agree it looks like you need the 7 files. Problem is I only see 5 .pdb/.prc files within the full software.
    Rename FirmwareUpdaterApp.bprc to FirmwareUpdaterApp.prc and rename FirmwareUpdaterApp_enUS.oprc to FirmwareUpdaterApp_enUS.prc. Then load all seven files on an SD card, reset, insert card and run the update. I did it - worked like a charm.
    Are there any noticeable improvements with 1.71 over 1.51?

The feature that I really want is better memory management and getting rid of dbcache. I don't think the FW does anything for that issue. I am still waiting for 1.20-ROW code.
    Quote Originally Posted by JunkieBoot
    Rename FirmwareUpdaterApp.bprc to FirmwareUpdaterApp.prc and rename FirmwareUpdaterApp_enUS.oprc to FirmwareUpdaterApp_enUS.prc. Then load all seven files on an SD card, reset, insert card and run the update. I did it - worked like a charm.
    Thanks, worked like a charm for me as well!
    Jeff
    Well, I successfully upgraded to 1.20/1.71-APR. I used my iBook and an SD card reader to load the lean version of the ROM supplied/uploaded by MPF. Then backed up the Treo with BBVFS and popped in the SD with the upgrade ROM. It did its thing and I am now showing appropriate firmware and software. DUN and Network Select still working.

I use Launch'em version 3.9 ... Old launcher but I really do like it. I inadvertently touched the "beam me" gadget. The app list that was generated was all in Chinese characters. Interesting. Not very helpful. Also, I've noticed that the up-down sliders are a little less responsive.

What advantages to OS 5.4.8 Garnet?

I'm glad it all worked out.

Roger
    Cingular Treo 650
    FW 01.51 SW Treo650-1.b17-CNG
    Mac OSX.4.6
    Quote Originally Posted by curlykraut
    I had the same problem (twice...). What I did is I kept trying the zero-out reset (with no avail, only got to the bootloader screen..) in between normal soft resets and/or warm resets. Both times (I should be shot for this... ) I was able to eventually get out of the loop and into the Language select screen. Once you get there, you will need to do one more warm reset.

Good luck. Keep trying! It worked for me. Took me ~30 minutes or so.
    Ha this just happened by accident. I just left it at the bootloader screen for like 30 min and when I noticed it getting warm I decided to remove the battery. After I took out the battery I decided to put it back in just one more time and low-and-behold I got the language choice screen. Chose English hit "Z" and now all is well. I think I may be out on future beta firmware, going to wait on Palm for the next one .
    I did, I am running 1.13 ROW and Firmware 1.71. Seems to work fine.
    I am running 1.13-ROW and 1.51 FW. What changes/improvements did you notice after upgrading just the FW?
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder
    I am running 1.13-ROW and 1.51 FW. What changes/improvements did you notice after upgrading just the FW?
    The volume is better for phone conversations. Not as loud as 1.43, but much better than 1.51. I can also check my work voicemail now. First it was the long DTMF tomes then I am ssuming some kind of echo issue. With 1.71 works every time.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Can someone provide a "Select Network" hack on the new firmware 1.71?
    The volume is better for phone conversations. Not as loud as 1.43, but much better than 1.51. I can also check my work voicemail now. First it was the long DTMF tomes then I am ssuming some kind of echo issue. With 1.71 works every time.
    Ok. I am sold Will update the firmware tonight.
    Could someone please post the 7 FW files?
    Thanks
Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast