Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
    I tried to load teh 1.20/1.51 update on my unlocked 650, by d/l a ROM installer (thanks to LoveCostaRica). I then installed all of the files on a blank SD card. Backed up my phone and hard reset it. Then, phone off, SIM out, I installed the SD card and tried to move the files to RAM, using FileZ.

No go. Couldn't get them to go. Am I missing something?

Roger
    Cingular Treo 650
    FW 01.51 SW Treo650-1.b17-CNG
    Mac OSX.4.6
    The Treo 650 has been launched in China, see: http://www.palminfocenter.com/view_story.asp?ID=8237.

Theleaked 1.71/1.20 is likely from this phone.
    I think someone already said that.

Just launch the FW from the card.
    Quote Originally Posted by KeyserSoze
    I have just finished trimming down lovecostarica's custom ROM #2. I got rid of all the Chinese UI localization files, the PenPower handwriting recognition files as well as all CJKOS files but left its core files with only one GBK 16x16 font. Now I have a very slim ROM with the minimum required files to enable Chinese support. Thanks to lovecostarica there's no RealPlayer or VersaMail.

Just finished flashing and upon reset there's 8MB+ of free DBCache.

While checking phone info I noticed one thing: there's a "more" button that's new to me at the bottom next to "OK". When I pressed it there's a 2nd page shown that reads the following:

CC-Cap: APR-APR-001
    Carrier DB: 249
    KeyserSoze, will you be willing to upload it to Rapidshare so that we can share this slim down version ?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by idian
    KeyserSoze, will you be willing to upload it to Rapidshare so that we can share this slim down version ?

Thanks
    No problem. I am trying to upload now but the speed is very slow. I'll post a link when I succeed.

KS
    Quote Originally Posted by lovecostarica
    Curly:

Get the Master ROM and File list.

http://mytreo.net/forum/index.php/topic,23394.0.html

There are pretty clear instructions in that PDF file, and it explains the size issue with the Tool. Basically the Tool sizing thing was created for Sprint ROMs. So for GSM, size putting back in can equal size taken out, though putting less back in makes better sense. The original ROM was about 9.5 MB, before deletions.

Hope this helps.

Maria
    Thanks a lot, Maria. Looks like I worked off old information...
    I just updated to the zip in the first post without versamail and I got an error updating. the phone software and firmware versions have changed to be the new numbers and everything appears OK, but i really think I'm in a sort of limbo here I'm really not comfortable with. Did anyone else get this error? If not which version did you use? I didn't have to pick alanguage or a time zone when it was over and the DC installer and GSM updater had to be deleted manually, any recommendations? Thanks for any help.
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fry-man22
    I just updated to the zip in the first post without versamail and I got an error updating. the phone software and firmware versions have changed to be the new numbers and everything appears OK, but i really think I'm in a sort of limbo here I'm really not comfortable with. Did anyone else get this error? If not which version did you use? I didn't have to pick alanguage or a time zone when it was over and the DC installer and GSM updater had to be deleted manually, any recommendations? Thanks for any help.
    do it again or hard rest.
    Made this just for fun...I'm Kermit

Quote Originally Posted by Camel
    do it again or hard rest.
    Tried doing it again got the same error. Did a hard reset before the update. If I'm seeing the Garnet version is the same as referenced on the first page of this thread. I'm syncing data to it now and I'm going to see if I can make it reset through usage if not I guess I'll just rty it for a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by KeyserSoze
    No problem. I am trying to upload now but the speed is very slow. I'll post a link when I succeed.

KS
    Waiting eagerly to try this version to see if I get the same error.
    Quote Originally Posted by JunkieBoot
    Has anyone tried just updating the firmware to 1.71? Can 1.71 be used with ROM 1.13-ROW and not the entire new ROM? Just curious if this can be done and then wait for the official ROW release for those that might be nervous to do the entire update...thoughts? Anyone? Bueller? Anyone?
    I did, I am running 1.13 ROW and Firmware 1.71. Seems to work fine.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut
    I did, I am running 1.13 ROW and Firmware 1.71. Seems to work fine.
    Is the volume improved over 1.51? I find 1.51 terrible in that regard.
    *Deleted link, have new version of stripped ROM that has 13,631 db cache. I will post download link later and have it included in the first post. I have removed all Chinese language related files except for CKJOS.prc which is needed to prevent a language selection loop. Also removed versa and real. World clock and calculator is still in the ROM. This is the final version for 1.20 Stripped.
    Last edited by MFB; 12/01/2005 at 08:18 PM.
    Thanks, MFB, for the custom and lean ROM. I loaded it to my Treo and it was a smooth and error-free installation. The new ROM has been performing really well.

Kudos, MFB.
    I have found the 1.71 firmware to have better volume than 1.51 did.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Quote Originally Posted by MFB
    Don't worry about running out of db cache with 1.20, Palm has finally fixed the problem.
    Thanks a lot MBF.
    If you use these sw can you try to do this test? Execute a backup with BackupManager and then launch TomTom 5? Does TT5 start correctly?

Tx again.
    Ciao.
    Vittore
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    HS Treo 180 -> HS Treo 270 -> Palm Treo 650 GSM (1.71-1.20ENA Custom) + Treo BT Headset + TomTom 5.201 & Holux GPS 236 BT Slim
    I tried to upload my trimmed down custom ROM (without RealPlayer or VersaMail but with minimum required files for Chinese support) to Rapidshare but I couldn't even reach 20% until getting an error. Any other similar services that I could upload to so I can make this available?

KS
    Quote Originally Posted by dbulante
    Thanks, MFB, for the custom and lean ROM. I loaded it to my Treo and it was a smooth and error-free installation. The new ROM has been performing really well.

Kudos, MFB.
    Thanks, glad you're happy with it as I am. If the ROW update comes out like Cingular's, I'll just stay with APR.
    Anyone come up with a custom ROM that is the full version without the Chineese language piece?
    After several unsuccessful tries I've finally finished uploading my own custom slim ROM: no RealPlayer or VersaMail, no Chinese UI localization files, no handwriting recognition Chinese input but with core CJKOS files. So this is as close as it gets to an English ROM but with basic CJKOS left which can be turned off in Prefs.

http://rapidshare.de/files/8432697/T...nimum.rar.html
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast