Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 382
  1. #21  
    I downloaded it; Question...I assume PenPower is still installed, why? I'm not sure about the CJKOS and PowerPen (PenP.prc). Are we going to clean up the Chinese language files and remove the added extras?

    Thanks again guys for all your hard work!
    Dale
  2. #22  
    Bill:

    The files mentioned in the post are straight PRCs. The ones in the update are oprc and bprc! Unable to T3'em. (no a-d files)

    M
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by netdale
    I downloaded it; Question...I assume PenPower is still installed, why? I'm not sure about the CJKOS and PowerPen (PenP.prc). Are we going to clean up the Chinese language files and remove the added extras?

    Thanks again guys for all your hard work!
    Dale
    Netdale:

    Let me know the files you'd like removed/need removing. At the end of the day I'll get back here.. gotta go weld a few gates together to keep the horses from wandering off.

    Maria
  4. #24  
    I'm not exactly sure.....I sure noticed the PenP.prc. I was just assuming that someone else knew how to remove the language files, etc...

    Dale
  5. #25  
    If this were 1.20-ROW than I would be all over it. Extra code to support Asia Pac is something that I do not want.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by lovecostarica

    Bill:

    The files mentioned in the post are straight PRCs. The ones in the update are oprc and bprc! Unable to T3'em. (no a-d files)

    M
    Sorry, Maria, I hadn't had a chance to look at the contents yet.
    V > Vx > m505 > m515 > T/T > T3 > TC > 650 > 680
    <script type="text/javascript" src="http://download.skype.com/share/skypebuttons/js/skypeCheck.js"></script>
    <a href="skype:wwgamble?call"><img src="http://mystatus.skype.com/balloon/wwgamble" style="border: none;" width="150" height="60" alt="My Skype status" /></a>
  7. #27  
    I wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

    NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

    Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder
    If this were 1.20-ROW than I would be all over it. Extra code to support Asia Pac is something that I do not want.
    I actually removed everything that wasn't in the ROW apps from the previous roms I posted. The only error you might encounter is when you get stuck in the choose languages menu after a hard reset. Work around is to warm reset then pin reset. It will only bother you again when a hard rest is done.

    Been using it for hours already. Voice and mic improvements are evident. Db cache management works, no reset since installation even if I attempted to make it crash. My suggestion: install the full ROM. There's no need for a lean custom anymore. I'm upgrading to full later today.
  9. #29  
    Meanwhile, anyone have a clue when the ROW package will release? Seems like a lot of work and tons of risk to go through applying this Asia/Pac update if the ROW release is around the corner...thoughts or am I just wimping out?
  10. #30  
    I have just finished trimming down lovecostarica's custom ROM #2. I got rid of all the Chinese UI localization files, the PenPower handwriting recognition files as well as all CJKOS files but left its core files with only one GBK 16x16 font. Now I have a very slim ROM with the minimum required files to enable Chinese support. Thanks to lovecostarica there's no RealPlayer or VersaMail.

    Just finished flashing and upon reset there's 8MB+ of free DBCache.

    While checking phone info I noticed one thing: there's a "more" button that's new to me at the bottom next to "OK". When I pressed it there's a 2nd page shown that reads the following:

    CC-Cap: APR-APR-001
    Carrier DB: 249
  11. #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by MFB
    Been using it for hours already. Voice and mic improvements are evident.
    MBF,
    is the voice quality and volume similar to 1.51? I presume that no echo (like in 1.43) is problem is there.

    Quote Originally Posted by MFB
    Db cache management works, no reset since installation even if I attempted to make it crash.
    Do you think that DBcachetool is no longer required, consequently to remove RescoLocker could be safe as well (in order to gain more NVFS Total Cache size)?
    Ciao.
    Vittore
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    HS Treo 180 -> HS Treo 270 -> Palm Treo 650 GSM (1.71-1.20ENA Custom) + Treo BT Headset + TomTom 5.201 & Holux GPS 236 BT Slim
  12. #32  
    KeyserSoze would you be willing to do the same to the ROM w/ VersaMail? I would greatly appreciate it!
    Thanks Dale
  13. #33  
    I am trying to create a custom rom from this but it appears that Shadowmite's tools shows the wrong size because it's not a Sprint ROM. How do I know how much I can add to not make a bad (too large) ROM? Also, when I open the ace-palmos.zip file with Shadowmite's tool and just simply built a customized ROM without editing the content, the size of the original and custom rom are different.

    Anybody?

    Update: Hmmm, when I use the base ROM from MFB and not the full ROM, the ROM tool seems to work. No idea why...
    Last edited by curlykraut; 11/30/2005 at 12:04 PM.
  14. #34  
    The rom size is about 9 MB, but is safe to mantain lower values.

    The bigger size that I tested is 8,19 MB (8.597.180 byte) looking at the properties of the ace-palmos.zip file.
  15. #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by vittogn
    Do you think that DBcachetool is no longer required, consequently to remove RescoLocker could be safe as well (in order to gain more NVFS Total Cache size)?
    Think so, i've been playing with the full rom just to see what the worst case.. Well, upon boot up, i got 0.8MB free (i have all the chinese things enable, profilecare, chatter, verichat, callfilter etc..) and then it hovers around the 2MB mark as i jump form app to app... can't get it to crash even at these levels thou... so the dbcache management is definately much improved.
  16. #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by curlykraut
    I am trying to create a custom rom from this but it appears that Shadowmite's tools shows the wrong size because it's not a Sprint ROM. How do I know how much I can add to not make a bad (too large) ROM? Also, when I open the ace-palmos.zip file with Shadowmite's tool and just simply built a customized ROM without editing the content, the size of the original and custom rom are different.

    Anybody?

    Update: Hmmm, when I use the base ROM from MFB and not the full ROM, the ROM tool seems to work. No idea why...
    O.K., I just fried my phone. I have an Endless reset. Not sure what went wrong. I had made many custom roms before without a problem...

    Warm or hard reset does not work. Have not yet tried Zero-out but I am not very optimistic that it will resolve my issue...

    Any other suggestion? PLEASE!


    Never mind. Was able to get to the language screen after several tries to do a zero-out. Then with warm reset, I was able to install good old FW 143...
    Last edited by curlykraut; 11/30/2005 at 02:02 PM.
  17. #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by curlykraut
    I am trying to create a custom rom from this but it appears that Shadowmite's tools shows the wrong size because it's not a Sprint ROM. How do I know how much I can add to not make a bad (too large) ROM? Also, when I open the ace-palmos.zip file with Shadowmite's tool and just simply built a customized ROM without editing the content, the size of the original and custom rom are different.

    Anybody?

    Update: Hmmm, when I use the base ROM from MFB and not the full ROM, the ROM tool seems to work. No idea why...
    Curly:

    Get the Master ROM and File list.

    http://mytreo.net/forum/index.php/topic,23394.0.html

    There are pretty clear instructions in that PDF file, and it explains the size issue with the Tool. Basically the Tool sizing thing was created for Sprint ROMs. So for GSM, size putting back in can equal size taken out, though putting less back in makes better sense. The original ROM was about 9.5 MB, before deletions.

    Hope this helps.

    Maria
  18. #38  
    Hi Maria,

    Did you also encounter the select language loop showing chinese as one of the options after a hard reset with a custom 1.20 APR?
    Last edited by MFB; 11/30/2005 at 07:20 PM.
  19. #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by vittogn
    MBF,
    is the voice quality and volume similar to 1.51? I presume that no echo (like in 1.43) is problem is there.



    Do you think that DBcachetool is no longer required, consequently to remove RescoLocker could be safe as well (in order to gain more NVFS Total Cache size)?
    Its louder and clearer than 1.51 but I'm still using VC to get the best possible mic and handset volume. So far, no one has complained about echoing.

    I suggest you keep rescolocker (just lock those that need it e.g. textplus, clip pro, background apps) I stopped using Db cache tool since 1.31 came out. Don't worry about running out of db cache with 1.20, Palm has finally fixed the problem.
  20. #40  
    Has anyone tried just updating the firmware to 1.71? Can 1.71 be used with ROM 1.13-ROW and not the entire new ROM? Just curious if this can be done and then wait for the official ROW release for those that might be nervous to do the entire update...thoughts? Anyone? Bueller? Anyone?
    Last edited by JunkieBoot; 11/30/2005 at 07:22 PM.
Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions