Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 914151617181920 LastLast
    I had before updated to 650-1.20-Apr. without tutorial and realplayer.
    Now I have tried the "offical" version von Palm Malaysia. After the backup it is stuck with the comment 'Device version invalid'
    What can I do?
    If I use 120 LAP is than Tutorial and Player back again or can I avoid this?

Thanks
    Dieter
    Quote Originally Posted by waxx
    hi all.. been observing and applying all updates here on this site on my unlocked GSM treo 650 from the original fw 1.13 sw 1.17APR to fw.1.17 sw.1.20APR and then to fw 1.17 sw 1.20ROW... everything seems fine.. until i saw the date of the sms messages i receive. its advanced by 7 hrs from my local time. i did everything including adjust the date settings of my treo and the only way that i could get the right time for sms is when i set a date of -7hrs on my treo. but then again the treo date would be wrong just to display the right sms date. anybody here knows of a patch or a solution to this? ive done research and backread through all the forum. i may have missed the solution. thank you
    Hi,

I have upgraded my phone from s/w 1.13APR to 1.20ENA and f/w 01.71, using jamesgangut's excellent SD method (only way to overwrite the APR version, as no APR updates available).

Everything has worked like a charm, except for the SMS timestamp. Its killing me ! in my case the timestamp is exactly 5hrs 47 minutes behind actual time. I have tried every setting with time (changing it, selecting network time, reseting phone), and nothign helps.

At first I thought it *could* be a network problem, but then reading about others here and mytreo.net have had the same problem after the upgrade, Im convinced its the new firmware.

Im thinking that in desperation, I might downgrade to a previous version then upgrade the official way to my local version 1.20LAP.

Has anyone else got or solved this problem ? Its the only thing that has gone wrong, but its incredibly annoying. I receive loads of SMS through work and I need to know what time they were received, without having to get the calculator out !

Any help would be much appreciated.

bertieb
    See my post in the current thread
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Global Posts
    377 Global Posts
    Are any of the ROM's in here including the FAT32.PRC?

I'm basically looking for a customized ROM like this:
    - 1.71/1.20 ENA
    - Preferably only English
    - FAT32.prc included
    - Included: Versamail
    - Removed: Real, QuickTour, 'Welcome'

I suppose there is a ROM close to my wish floating around here - maybe except from the FAT32.prc.
    Would it be possible for someone with such skills to perform this minor adjustment on an excisting customized ROM?
    JoranG
    Treo650 Unlocked GSM (Cust ROM 1.71/1.20 ENA w/ FAT32.prc) - TomTom Navigator v5 (Western Europe Maps)
    Quote Originally Posted by jorang

I'm basically looking for a customized ROM like this:
    - 1.71/1.20 ENA
    - Preferably only English
    - FAT32.prc included
    - Included: Versamail
    - Removed: Real, QuickTour, 'Welcome'

I suppose there is a ROM close to my wish floating around here - maybe except from the FAT32.prc.
    Would it be possible for someone with such skills to perform this minor adjustment on an excisting customized ROM?

I don't think anyone has figured out how to remove the "Welcome" app. yet. I wish Shadowmite would look into it if he hasn't already.
    Global Posts
    377 Global Posts
    The welcome app alone would not stop the show for me.

It is not really a big deal - isn't it just about 250k? (Welcome, Welcome_CROW and Welcome_enUS)
    JoranG
    Treo650 Unlocked GSM (Cust ROM 1.71/1.20 ENA w/ FAT32.prc) - TomTom Navigator v5 (Western Europe Maps)
    Global Posts
    377 Global Posts

It is not really a big deal - isn't it just about 250k? (Welcome, Welcome_CROW and Welcome_enUS)
    JoranG
    My Guess is James is working on it,
    and will just update his Post w/ his Customs Here:
    http://discuss.treocentral.com/showp...&postcount=564
    Last edited by berdinkerdickle; 02/08/2006 at 03:00 AM.
    Just call me Berd.

That's strange. Are there really files for the Welcome app. in the GSM Treo 650's? The Sprint ROMS don't have any Welcome app. files (prc's or pdb's) when you extract the contents of the ROM. I remember reading that the Welcome app. is integrated into the setup.prc (in the Sprint Treo 650 at least) and that's why it's difficult or impossible to remove it.
    Global Posts
    377 Global Posts
    At least on my 1.71/1.20 ENA I can find this files in ROM...
    JoranG
    sir,

before you replace that 1.13-APR ROM, can you download it using the ROMTool ? you can get this at http://grack.com/romtool

and after you can upload it at http://rapidshare.de

so that i can download it. i am in need of a APR (chinese rom)

i would be very glad if you can please.

thank you

cdboy
    The weather in Richmond, B.C. is

The weather in MY Place is

For Car and Pictures Enthusiast!
    http://www.ngkhai.net/cars
    http://www.ngkhai.net/cebupics
    I don't think anyone has figured out how to remove the "Welcome" app. yet. I wish Shadowmite would look into it if he hasn't already.
    It wasn't so hard to find out. The files related to the "Welcome app" are:

- SetupApp.bprc
    - SetupApp_CROW.cprc
    - SetupApp_deDE.oprc
    - SetupApp_enUS.oprc
    - SetupApp_esES.oprc
    - SetupApp_frFR.oprc
    - SetupApp_itIT.oprc

I don't know if deleting this files will influence a hard reset after the update as this app is triggered every time you do a hard reset in order to callibrate the touchscreen.

BTW: These files work fine when copied to my LifeDrive, I can even calibrate the screen using them.

EDIT: I can confirm that removing the "Welcome" app by deleting the SetupApp_... files will not influence in any way a hard reset. The treo will trigger directly the "Touchscreen" app instead of the "Welcome" app. The hard reset also takes much shorter.

Some side-effects (I deffinitely don't mind):

- you cannot choose a language anymore, the Treo will be set by default to the "English" language.
    - there is also no keyboard setup anymore (no more pressing the Z key)
    Last edited by bluevoice; 03/23/2006 at 07:55 AM. Reason: Results after deleting "Welcome App" posted
    You can remove these files, After hard reset you just do digitizer then you are at the prefs screen. But those with the CAP issue need to keep it or the carrierdb is not updated correctly. It is less than 80k so I have left it in ROMs for that reason. But those not on GSM 1.20 should be okay. As always I recommend using the RomTool when doing this.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut
    But those not on GSM 1.20 should be okay
    James, I am on GSM v1.20, no CC-CAP problem whatever (Carrier DB:255). Did the official update first. Used the ROM tool second place (that might explain why it's working fine).
    Last edited by bluevoice; 03/23/2006 at 03:07 PM.
    But if you bypass the language selection it breaks and you are back to 249.

That's why I didn't bypass the language section. Anyway 2 languages should be enough, isn't it?
    Yes, and you only need the 7 files to trigger it. I thought the setupapp was needed to trigger it. Have you removed the setupapps and still get lang selection?

Yes you are right. As stated in post #372 I cannot choose a language any more. It stays on default English which I don't mind at all.
    Is your carrierdb 249? Just curious.

No, my Treo displays "Carrier DB:255". I kept all 6 carrier db languages in ROM (DefConnectionDB_enUS.pdb, etc.). These are very small files 395 bytes each (2.21 kb together) so I don't mind.

Just one more comment on this, after installing the official update first (before changing the ROM) I took a look at the "Carrier DB ant it said: 249". Turned the phone on, now it said: 255. Did the ROM update and it still displays 255.

But if you bypass the language selection it breaks and you are back to 249.
    Also did several hard resets after updating the ROM with my own custom ROM and bypassed the languages section without trouble.

- Treo 650 Unlocked GSM - v1.20
    Last edited by bluevoice; 03/24/2006 at 01:40 AM.