Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7121314151617181920 LastLast
    and something else, before I couldn't use opera-mini, I had installed the IBM-java runtime but opera-mini didn't detect it and it didn't show up on my treo, it looked like I couldn't install java.
    Since the upgrade I didn't even have to reinstall java, it was there, and opera-mini works (and it's a lot faster than blazer)
    Global Posts
    324 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mosco
    blazer v. 4.3.2.1 and versamail v. 3.1E
    Cool, thanks. I'm one of the people who had the upgrade fail prematurely, and even though I have 1.71/1.20, my blazer is still v4.2, and it always makes my treo reboot after using it. So I'm happy to know there's a newer version.
    You're welcome. I had the same situation, it was saying 1.71/1.20 but I think only the gsm/phone firmware updated not the software. Working great so far! good luck if you decide to try it
    Don't you guys think Blazer's rendering of webpages is much better now? More like Picsel... Before it waits and loads everything at the same time where as now you can see the gist of the page much more quickly.

I can't tell of any improvements in Versamail tho.

Also I noticed a couple new library files one example is MPEG4LIB. Why would there be a filed called MPEG4LIB in rom? Maybe the Media app can play MPEG4 videos now? *shrug*

Thanks james your custom real+versamail is working great.
    Hi all,

Here's the updated Network Select Phone_enUS.prc for the 1.71 firm 1.20row

I read through many pages and finally learned how to do it!

Just copy it to RAM and reset your fone and you can now select networks.

Enjoy

*If you don't know how this works....READ THROUGH THIS PAGE BEFORE YOU INSTALL IT.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=87255
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by chenling; 01/12/2006 at 01:12 PM.
    I think you should be careful with this as people who don't know what this is can hose up their phone installing this into ram, and as I understand it you can not remove it even with a warm start. Only a hard reset will get rid of it.

So be careful. And I suggest editing the post and explaining it, or deleting the attachment and linking to the thread on this in the Cingular forum.
    khaytsus, I didn't realize this, does this mean these custom ROM's do not have the network select feature? I used it when traveling in europe and it was very convenient to be able to choose whichever carrier had the best signal in my location, but I don't need it in the US.
    Apparently that feature is not there in this custom ROM (I think it was in phone menus no?)
    Thanks.
    Global Posts
    324 Global Posts
    You're welcome. I had the same situation, it was saying 1.71/1.20 but I think only the gsm/phone firmware updated not the software. Working great so far! good luck if you decide to try it
    Well I gave it a whirl - I couldn't hold out for that blazer update.

At first I got trapped in the reset loop nightmare. I let it run for almost 20 minutes before deciding it wasn't going to stop. A zero-out reset fixed it. (wow those are fun to do - took almost 10 tries to get my fingers to bend the right way)

it was worth it. Blazer is so much better now.
    khaytsus, I didn't realize this, does this mean these custom ROM's do not have the network select feature? ......
    Thanks.
    I use james' "added the 34 files I think are needed for VersaMail" 1.71/1.20 ROW (thanks James, great work) . It has a normal working network select (phone/options/select) and is very stable (during the last 2 days).
    khaytsus, I didn't realize this, does this mean these custom ROM's do not have the network select feature? I used it when traveling in europe and it was very convenient to be able to choose whichever carrier had the best signal in my location, but I don't need it in the US.
    Apparently that feature is not there in this custom ROM (I think it was in phone menus no?)
    Thanks.
    Cingular SIMs have a flag in them that the Treo honors which disables network select. It's generally recognized on any GSM phone. I don't know of any other carriers offhand that do this.

It's supposidly how Cingular prevents all roaming fees. Sure.. because you can't place a call outside of the area. Nice. But it also restricts you to their own cell towers unless there's NO reception, then it'll switch to a partner. So like at work I have a really daft Cingular signal, but a full strength something-else-signal (Not sure what carrier, just shows Cingular for each) so I switch it there to keep the phone from bouncing back and forth.

Anywho, there you go.. Heh.
    This firmware is a waste of time.

Send feature doesn't work.
    Blazer 4.3 crashes on nearly every vital function.
    Ptunes doesn't work.

I'm sick of it, I shouldn't have messed with 1.13.

How can I keep Blazer 4.3 and UPGRADE back to 1.13 without RealPlayer, VersaMail and the tutorials.

only benefit I saw from this firmware was the password field now had ***** instead of the characters.
    You can solve 99% of the Treo's problems with a hard reset.
    Global Posts
    324 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by question

Ptunes doesn't work.
    Your sig says "You can solve 99% of the Treo's problems with a hard reset" - did you try that?

Seriously though, I have none of the problems you're describing. This firmware is easily the most stable I've ever used. After almost a year, I finally have a 650 that was as solid as my 600 was. (PTunes and everything)
    I feel 1.71 1.20 row is the most stable update i've done so far. Next in line would probably be the 1.14dbg (Before I updated to 1.71) a while back, both of which never caused me any resets.

I have the follow in ram:
    VolumeCare (registered)
    PhoneTechnician (registered)
    Colorize
    IBM Java VM
    Documents to go
    KeyCaps600
    Fieldplus
    Keyshades
    LEDOff
    LookatMe
    Rbackup (Trial)

Did you update ONLY the firmware? Can't tell from your post. But you should really update the firmware AND the software.
    Quote Originally Posted by question

Ptunes doesn't work.

I'm sick of it, I shouldn't have messed with 1.13.

How can I keep Blazer 4.3 and UPGRADE back to 1.13 without RealPlayer, VersaMail and the tutorials.

only benefit I saw from this firmware was the password field now had ***** instead of the characters.
    Send feature is working for me... What is the issue?

I did have to delete all Blazed files except my bookmarks when I upgraded from 1.13 the first time then Blazer was just fine, Not had a reset since in Blazer.

I am listening to pTunes right now (version 3.1.1 in ROM)
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

So far 1.71/1.20 ROW has been great for me. My treo finally works as it should, stable and fast.

I have the following apps installed in ram and running with no problem:
    Volumecare
    IBM Java + Opera mini
    Chatteremail
    LEDOff
    Docs to go
    BDcity
    Rescoviewer
    Plucker
    Sudoku Master
    Hi-Launcher
    Filez
    Mvoice
    RemotePlus
    Uninstall
    Palminternal

The only problem I've encountered so far is with Verichat, but it was also giving me problems before. I haven't used it since my last reset (48 hours ago) which happened while using verichat, and have had 0 problems since. I had at least 1-2 reset per day before.

Switching between apps is a lot faster, and connecting to gprs services (cingular) is a lot faster than before (i.e. when exiting the subway).
    i upgraded everything. Im going to take your advice and start from scratch. I think i can have a list of less than 10 apps that I should limit my treo to, to avoid my problems.
    You can solve 99% of the Treo's problems with a hard reset.
    Does this upgrade do anything to improve memory or dbcache handling? That would be the reason for me to upgrade.

thanks
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Yes I used to use the dbcache tool etc. I don't anymore nor have I had an issue running out and having a reset. I could make my Treo reset by running 3 apps in a row everytime. I always had a reset after my daily backup with Backupman. Now I am several days since my last reset. That was due to the new DateBk6 update and was a known issue.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

jamesgangut

thanks a lot!
    This update treo650-120-171-row-vm.zip worke fine for me. I tried the previous version where the RAM was not updated and it was not stable. I think I have more memory free, can run applications which did not work before.
    To wait for an offical update will take a while and with the Treo700 on the market now, it might take even longer
    Dieter aus Kuala Lumpur

Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut
    Decided to put all of the files I uploaded on this one place.

Original ROM in one file:
    http://rapidshare.de/files/10851742/...0-171.zip.html

With Chinese lang. and tutorials removed:
    http://rapidshare.de/files/10804531/...-vmrp.zip.html

With Chinese lang., tutorials and RealPlayer removed:
    http://rapidshare.de/files/10803747/...ow-vm.zip.html

With Chinese lang., tutorials, VersaMail and RealPlayer removed:
    http://rapidshare.de/files/10758369/...1-row.zip.html
    I upgraded via SD card to 1.20-ROW/1.71. I was previously running 1.13-ROW/1.71.

The procedure went fine. I lost my button assignments which is easy to fix, but I wonder why this happened.

Also under Preferences I now have an option for CJK OS which I would rather not be seeing.

Keyguard turned itself on too.

Do other upgraders have this? Any cause for concern that the prefs file is messed up?
    Last edited by swieder; 01/14/2006 at 10:33 AM.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)