Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 611121314151617181920 LastLast
    Works Perfect James,
    Thanks Again!
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut
    It is a stripped down ROM No Chinese, no tutorials no RealPlayer no VersaMail. Yes it is ready to load, or modify.
    I just loaded, and had a successful update. Thank you much!
    Welcome, glad it worked well.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Welcome, glad it worked well.
    umm...what if we need versamail?
    Quote Originally Posted by JunkieBoot
    umm...what if we need versamail?
    I added the 34 files I think are needed for VersaMail.
    **moved links to later post.**
    Last edited by jamesgangut; 01/11/2006 at 10:45 AM.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Hey Jamesgangut --- THANKS! That went smooothly.

Is it my imagination or is the Treo a bit faster after the update?
    - Wouter
    I have been using the APR version, so it seems the same but I do remember thinking that when I upgraded before.

James...like you said I fried my fone. It was in a reset loop and Hard rest, Soft reset, Zero out reset, Warm reset didn't do any good.

However I followed shadowmite's directions here and was able to flash the ROM through his program using Windows.

http://shadowmite.com/forum/viewtopi...r=asc&start=60

Now i'm going to try your custom rom with realplayer and versamail added.

So if anyone's fone is fried....... shadowmite's tool will save you from pulling all your hair out.

One good thing came from this...I am now a master at the Zero Reset! =)
    I've put James ROW Modified Rom on my GSM Unlocked 650 without any problem at all. I updated from the APR ROM which was previously installed.
    Great news for me is that I regained the 1.2mb I lost when I first went to the APR version.
    Thanks heaps James
    Is there a link to a unmodified ROM ROW 1.20 FW 1.71 ?
    In the rar-files i see all the language files. Has anyone tried to
    use another language than Chinese or English ?
    Nice work but... I am having resets before or during the phone call. Err says:
    ../ATCmds/SerialIO.c, line:609, CcpDataSend returned error = 0x0001 (FW crash?)
    Is this something regarding new FW ?
    THANKS A LOT !!!
    Quote Originally Posted by calico
    Is there a link to a unmodified ROM ROW 1.20 FW 1.71 ?
    In the rar-files i see all the language files. Has anyone tried to
    use another language than Chinese or English ?
    I can post the un-rar'd file untouched just zipped later today. There are only three languages in this Trad. & Sim. Chinese and English.

Quote Originally Posted by Wlcheck
    Nice work but... I am having resets before or during the phone call. Err says:
    ../ATCmds/SerialIO.c, line:609, CcpDataSend returned error = 0x0001 (FW crash?)
    Is this something regarding new FW ?
    THANKS A LOT !!!
    I have not ever had this sorry...

I can post the un-rar'd file untouched just zipped later today. There are only three languages in this Trad. & Sim. Chinese and English.
    That would be great, but not for me, as i'm looking for a German language version.
    I'm not so sure that this is really a ROW firmware, ROW would include English, French, Italian, German, Spanish languages.
    The files have also the same dates as in the APR firmware, so i assume that this is only a modified APR to ROW firmware version.
    Correct me if i'm wrong. What do you think ?
    Quote Originally Posted by spankyoatmeal
    Updated the listing. Simplified. MD5 file for Custom 1 fixed.
    There is still an MD5 file in custom 1 that has no MD5 hash code, I think. Or am I a victom of Interent caching?
    content of ace-palmos.zip.md5 is
    *../Obj/Rel/ace-palmos.zip
    Quote Originally Posted by calico
    That would be great, but not for me, as i'm looking for a German language version.
    I'm not so sure that this is really a ROW firmware, ROW would include English, French, Italian, German, Spanish languages.
    The files have also the same dates as in the APR firmware, so i assume that this is only a modified APR to ROW firmware version.
    Correct me if i'm wrong. What do you think ?
    Quote Originally Posted by MFB
    7.1 is not a full ROW English version. This rom still requires the cjkos file however usable ram memory is now similar to ROW. Previously APR ROM decreased the amount of ram available by 1.2 mb. This is the only difference. Oh, it now show ROW instead of APR.
    MFB answered this earlier.

Decided to put all of the files I uploaded on this one place.

Original ROM in one file:
    http://rapidshare.de/files/10851742/...0-171.zip.html

With Chinese lang. and tutorials removed:
    http://rapidshare.de/files/10804531/...-vmrp.zip.html

With Chinese lang., tutorials and RealPlayer removed:
    http://rapidshare.de/files/10803747/...ow-vm.zip.html

With Chinese lang., tutorials, VersaMail and RealPlayer removed:
    http://rapidshare.de/files/10758369/...1-row.zip.html

Thanks James, worked flawlessly. When I tried with the previous versions before I got the cannot update rom error (treo 650ROW hardware A), so anyone else who got the same error (and like me can't wait for the official release) might want to give it a shot...

I installed your custom ROM with real+versamail.

The phone does seem faster (mostly when switching between apps), and so far so good for stability. I tried opening all the major apps I use on a regular basis: chatter, mvoice, docstogo, opera-mini, remoteplus, plucker, hi-launcher, resco viewer, volumecare and a couple others and no problems so far.

The only app I haven't tried yet is verichat, it gave me a lot of problems so I uninstalled it recently, but will try it again now.

Global Posts
    324 Global Posts
    mosco, if you wouldn't mind checking - what version of blazer are you running now since your upgrade was successful all the way through?
    blazer v. 4.3.2.1 and versamail v. 3.1E