Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 51011121314151617181920 LastLast
    7.1 is not a full ROW English version. This rom still requires the cjkos file however usable ram memory is now similar to ROW. Previously APR ROM decreased the amount of ram available by 1.2 mb. This is the only difference. Oh, it now show ROW instead of APR.
    If i flash the 7.1 would everything be in chinese? Or is everything in English, but have the option of enabling CKJOS? Does 7.1 have all the files like realplayer, versamail, etc?
    You can use English only. You can select disable or enable chineese. All built-in programs include versamail and Realplayer are in there.
    The hi pda people might have the full row 1.20 upgrade as they were able to integrate the row with apr acepalmos.zip Can somebody here ask them if they do have it?
  5.    #285  
    Updated the listing. Simplified. MD5 file for Custom 1 fixed.
    Quote Originally Posted by chenling
    If i flash the 7.1 would everything be in chinese? Or is everything in English, but have the option of enabling CKJOS? Does 7.1 have all the files like realplayer, versamail, etc?
    I just flash to 1.71 FW/ 1.20-ROW from Hi-PDA...after flash, you'll first see the screen to choose from three languages..(English, Simplified Chinese and Traditional Chinese)...so I picked English....and after that..everything is just liked the English OS...

that's a cManager icon for CJKOS files...and under the system Prefs...you'll find a new option "CJKOS" under General section (that shares the place for Date & Time, Power, Touchscreen, etc)

So far so good with this 1.71

Hope this help
    I downloaded the newer rom files and stripped the Chinese files, Tutorials, Real & Versa matching the files in my older ROM. Then added my files for my custom ROM. It works great! And I have another 1.3 MB free.
    It does indead say it is 1.20 ROW now.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Quote Originally Posted by spankyoatmeal
    Updated the listing. Simplified. MD5 file for Custom 1 fixed.
    Could the links to the ROMS on thread 1 be clearly stated about which rom has been edited (ie the APR or the newer ROW versions)

Would love to have a copy of the custom roms in the newer ROW version but am not sure if they are on Thread 1.

Thanks to the ROM hackers who make this stuff available to us.

Taa
    Wait...so i just unzip those files into a folder, and put it into the sd card under palm folder and run it that way correct?
    Quote Originally Posted by chenling
    Wait...so i just unzip those files into a folder, and put it into the sd card under palm folder and run it that way correct?
    The short of it is you need to have an SD card with the PALM folder from the zip at the root. Then I always backup your current settings to a different card. The n hard reset. Then make sure it is plugged in and getting power. Then with it on insert the SD card and let it do its thing, it will reset a bunch. Don't take the SD card out until you are at the language screen. Then take it out and go through the setup. Put your backup SD card in. Restore your data.

There is alot to be learned by searching, if you have questions I would search and read before attempting this as you can create a useless toy.

YMMV
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

I tried using the SD card method, but at the end it said "error updating rom". However my fone is fine, and then firmware has changed to the appropriate one. I have no problems yet after resynching back my files.

However, i don't have the ckjos under prefs, and the available memory before restoring the files was 21.4 out of 22 mb.

Did my update go ok?

Is there any other way to check if it actually updated the rom?
    I think your firmware upgraded but not your software. If you get any error it did not work right.

No, it did not.
    It appears that your firm updated but not the rom.
    At the end of a rom update you will get an update success message and be asked to do a hard reset.

What do you have under the menu in phone options\phone info?
    Just call me Berd.
    Oh man... i guess i gotta try it again tomorrow. Under my phone info it says

Firmware: 01.71
    Software: Treo650-1.20-ROW ( i had the dbg version prior)

Thanks for your help. I basically went to the HI-PDA site and downloaded the 10 rars, and unzipped them. Then i moved the PALM folder into my SD. I hardresetted my fone, and after it reached the phone app, i inserted the SD and the updator ran. Then at the end just when it was about to reset i get a "error updating ROM" error.

Guess i'll try it again, although i tried many times already... Do u know any other methods, or what i could be doing wrong?

Thank you
    There may be something wrong with the files. I used this but recreated the ROM after stripping out stuff I didn't use.

MFB,
    Do you happen to have these put together as a custom rom yet?
    I had great success with your custom 1.20 APR.
    Just call me Berd.
    I have one I created to match the "Keysersoze's ROM". If you are interested here's the link
    **moved link to later post.**
    Last edited by jamesgangut; 01/11/2006 at 10:46 AM.

Thanks, James
    Just call me Berd.
    Im guessing James Gangut's file, is a simpler tested ready to load rom? to update to 1.71?
    It is a stripped down ROM No Chinese, no tutorials no RealPlayer no VersaMail. Yes it is ready to load, or modify.