Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
    I got 2 reset (on 5-6 calls) with 1.71-1.20APR, never happened before.
    This is the error message:

A rest was caused on
    23/12/05 at 14:33 while
    running "Phone":

MemoryMgr.c,
    Line:2679,Chunk over-

I went back to 1.51-1.13ROW.
    Do you think it can be caused by this new ROM?
    Ciao.
    Vittore
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    HS Treo 180 -> HS Treo 270 -> Palm Treo 650 GSM (1.71-1.20ENA Custom) + Treo BT Headset + TomTom 5.201 & Holux GPS 236 BT Slim
    I had some trouble the very fist time I tried this update with Blazer. I deleted all the Blazer files except my bookmarks. The issues went away with Blazer and I am working very well now. From this I would recommend do that with any of the applications that were upgraded.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Quote Originally Posted by vittogn
    I got 2 reset (on 5-6 calls) with 1.71-1.20APR, never happened before.
    This is the error message:

A rest was caused on
    23/12/05 at 14:33 while
    running "Phone":

MemoryMgr.c,
    Line:2679,Chunk over-

I went back to 1.51-1.13ROW.
    Do you think it can be caused by this new ROM?

Since when I went back to 1.51-1.13ROW I never had again the error on quite a lot of calls. I can state that 1.71-1.20APR does not work for me and lucly I have no hw problems.

Waiting for the official update!!!!

Merry Xmas to all Treo Lovers.
    Ciao.
    Vittore
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    HS Treo 180 -> HS Treo 270 -> Palm Treo 650 GSM (1.71-1.20ENA Custom) + Treo BT Headset + TomTom 5.201 & Holux GPS 236 BT Slim
    still no official release...
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    Did/can anyone post the 1.71/1.20 with the chinese files removed and left all the other app's in the ROM update?

(As I use real player, versamail and the other app's)

Thanks
    Global Posts
    478 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ilkeraktuna
    still no official release...
    where is it?
    Quote Originally Posted by RobM
    where is it?

I saw it on Jimmy Hoffa's Treo.
    Factory unlocked/unbranded GSM 650 - Tmobile; FW: 1.71; SW: 1.20-ENA; Carrier DB: 255; HW: A

If I'm repeating what someone has already said look at how long the thread is and ask yourself if you really expect me to read the whole thing.
    Global Posts
    478 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rbenjami
    I saw it on Jimmy Hoffa's Treo.
    do you know how I can get a hold of him?
    Some years ago a comedian said he saw Tammy Faye Baker without her makeup on and it was really Jimmy Hoffa.
    I tried to install custom 4 and others and got the famous "error updating ROM"

Tried MBF and new Chinese GSM and had no problems during the update of both the firmware and the ROM. Except some 'minor' endless looping for the Chinese one. But the Rom update worked and I got Chinese text. All from: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...93&postcount=1

Found that custom4 and custom3 have no value for the MD4 hash (checksum) in the ace-palmos.zip.md5 (for ace-palmos.zip)

That could be the reason why so many could not update. I calculated the hash code but am reluctant to use it. Anybody an MD5 expert? Perhaps Lovecostarica, btw thanks for the great work the firmware update works flawlessly.
    Dick99999:

What is up with that! You are correct. I will get the md5's up soon. I wonder how that happened?

edit: found that the MD5.dll the Tool uses was corrupted...

Thank you.

Maria
    Last edited by lovecostarica; 01/04/2006 at 07:23 PM.
    From the sound of other threads and rumors, there will be an update for everyone in Feb. I wonder if that is what has been holding up the official update here.
    Factory unlocked/unbranded GSM 650 - Tmobile; FW: 1.71; SW: 1.20-ENA; Carrier DB: 255; HW: A

If I'm repeating what someone has already said look at how long the thread is and ask yourself if you really expect me to read the whole thing.
    Originally Posted by John_S
    I have a big problem! I flashed to 1.71 / 1.20-APR and now I can't go back to ROW! I keep getting not compatible when I try to flash back to ROW. I tried using the SD card, and directly to RAM in the Treo with the same results.
    Originally Posted by JunkieBoot
    Same thing happened to me. Don't panic. Install one of the Fw1.28/Sw1.13 custom ROMS that don't check the version - then hard reset and install the official Sw 1.13 from Palm's site and you are good to go. No worries - this will work.
    Same problem here. With sw 1.20-apr i get resets when i press alt while typing. I suppose it's localisation problem with russian language.
    So i need to roll back to 1.13 - row.
    I couldn't find any working links for custom Fw1.28/Sw1.13. Can u help me, plz.
    Global Posts
    377 Global Posts
    You probably have to downgrade to a version prior to 1.28 - ie. fw1.23. See post #4 for a link to DL - http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=103404

Then you'll find the Palm official upgrade on www.palm.com - on the support pages for the Treo650
    JoranG
    Treo650 Unlocked GSM (Cust ROM 1.71/1.20 ENA w/ FAT32.prc) - TomTom Navigator v5 (Western Europe Maps)
    Many thanks it seems this version a bit differs from others. At least on the second flashing my sw changed to 1.06/5052/0...and it goes behind the screen)
    The ROM of ROW 1.71 should be out soon. Hi-pda has leaked the 1.71-ROW now (not 1.71-APR). The main difference between these two is no difference. (Google translation).
    Treo 750 unbranded T-mobile, HTC WIZARD 8125 T-MOBILE (broken), Treo 650 T-mobile 1.43/1.14 OS 5.4.8 Garnet (sold).
    Dell X50v, X30 624Mhz and HP ipaq h2210 h1945.

Treo 750 hacks thread.
    Any link to that leaked 1.71-ROW ?

stipus
    http://www.hi-pda.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=290000

I downloaded the "7.2" version, and it is a "ROW" set of files... Checking the ace-palmos.zip archive, there is no differences with the "APR" set of files... (a part some chinese etc.).
    So, I did not run it...
    I just downloaded and had a look at the ROW set. On the website forum it says that it is a ROW version and they added the Chinese back in. It only has the simplified mainland Chinese files and not the Hong Kong/Taiwan traditional Chinese files so this may be so. If this is what they have done then it should be possible to remove all the Chinese files and still be able to install. On the Chinese version the CJKOS file had to be left in because the installer looked for it. It also says there is a RAM increase from 21360 to 22796.

It appears they have also removed the tutorial files. I only looked quickly so don't know if they removed anything else like tips files.

If you want to download it there are two versions clearly marked at the top of the forum each as a set of 10 RAR files. A little further down the page are two zip files, one for each version, which make it easier to download.

Hope all you ROM customizers have fun with it.
    7.1 seems to be a full English version with Chinese added back in. 7.2 has Versamail and Tutorial removed. Still looking to see what else has been removed.