Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 27891011121314151617 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    I'm using 1.71/1.20 on a ROW treo 650. It was working great. However, I just went to look at my Notes (Memos) and noticed they were all missing. I'm not sure if they were missing from the get-go or if they disappeared.

I'm using Mac OS X. My Hotsync log shows the "Memos" conduit "Memos Did Nothing". I've tried selecting "Computer overwrites Handheld" with no luck.

I have a backup of my entire user's Palm folder from before the upgrade, but I can't find my "Memos" database. What is the filename that memos are stored under?
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Xochi
    I'm using 1.71/1.20 on a ROW treo 650. It was working great. However, I just went to look at my Notes (Memos) and noticed they were all missing. I'm not sure if they were missing from the get-go or if they disappeared.

I'm using Mac OS X. My Hotsync log shows the "Memos" conduit "Memos Did Nothing". I've tried selecting "Computer overwrites Handheld" with no luck.

I have a backup of my entire user's Palm folder from before the upgrade, but I can't find my "Memos" database. What is the filename that memos are stored under?
    On second thought, I think this may be a mac-only problem that is unrelated to 1.71/1.20 -- I think my conduits have never been backing up my memos. Nevermind!
  3.    #223  
    added the ace-palmos.zip/ROM sizes for the ROMs in the first post.
    anyone have any ideas why this custom rom wouldnt work? It would reset loop. I had to do the zero out reset to recover (took many attempts for it to boot)

Backupman154
    cardexport2
    datebk5
    ereader
    filez
    jot
    keyguardtime
    slap
    snapcalc

I mod'ed KS's ROM.
  5.    #225  
    It just weren't made to overwrite a non APR ROM.
    Couldn't you use Tokenwriter for this?
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
  7.    #227  
    Dead Treo, then check out shadowmites post:

http://shadowmite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1111
    Quote Originally Posted by goettsch
    Dear KS,

After loading your ROM I got a number of resets and suddenly it stopped and I could install it. It works fine now, however I had only 20.8 Mb left after a hard reset. Is that normal? Or what happened?

Thx, Wim
    Sorry I didn't see your post until now. I think with this version having less than 21.xMB initial free memory left is normal. I just flashed my colleague's 650 (an unlocked Cingular branded model) with the Chinese full ROM and after a hard reset the free memory is 20.4MB.

KS
    I downloaded this version:

[HTML]Custom 3. Only Tutorials removed.
    http://rapidshare.de/files/8813247/...stom-3.zip.html[/HTML]

Can I install this in German or not? How
  10.    #230  
    No. English, or with the full ROM, Chinese.
    So why are there all these files:

3'405 DeviceCustomizerApp_deDE.oprc
    3'372 DeviceCustomizerApp_enUS.oprc
    3'390 DeviceCustomizerApp_esES.oprc
    3'401 DeviceCustomizerApp_frFR.oprc
    3'397 DeviceCustomizerApp_itIT.oprc

Won't they "translate" it?
    ?, but the ROM itself only has Chinese and English.
    has anyone noticed some improvement on Bluetooth / Network with new firmware/software ?
    I guess no BT 1.2 , but ...
    also, anyone who tried Shadowmite's Wifi drivers on new firmware/software ?
    does it include French language after hard reset ?
    Quote Originally Posted by MFB
    Here is the 1.20 APR/1.71 Stripped Rom Final Version It has all the chinese language apps and dbs removed (except cjkos.prc)including other non essentials such as sam files , bgservice, tips, versamail and real player. Dbcache on an empty Treo after hard reset is 13,823 (mem info)
    MBF are you still using this ROM? Are you happy with it? Do you know if somewhere I can find this clean & lean Rom but with Versamail?

Thanks a lot.
    Ciao.
    Vittore
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    HS Treo 180 -> HS Treo 270 -> Palm Treo 650 GSM (1.71-1.20ENA Custom) + Treo BT Headset + TomTom 5.201 & Holux GPS 236 BT Slim
    I'll add versamail for you then. I'm trouble free with the rom I posted. I suggest using Snappermail instead. I'll just post it once its ready.
    I'll add versamail for you then. I'm trouble free with the rom I posted. I suggest using Snappermail instead. I'll just post it once its ready.
    While your at it can I ask you to ave one that just has Real added back in (No Versa)? I have been using your ROM for a while and it has been like having a new Treo.

Thanks for all you have done for us.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

MBF, thanks as always..........I'm trying the rom tonight along with Snapper!!

If it is effortless, please post it with Versa.

Thanks again.
    Ciao.
    Vittore
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    HS Treo 180 -> HS Treo 270 -> Palm Treo 650 GSM (1.71-1.20ENA Custom) + Treo BT Headset + TomTom 5.201 & Holux GPS 236 BT Slim
    MBF, one more questions!!! Sorry.

If I'm going to install your ROM without Versamail, have I to delete all files with "asc3" as creator (4 files that seems to me to belong to Versmail) from my restored RAM? Is that correct? Any other file?

Thanks as always.
    Ciao.
    Vittore
    Jamesgangut,

Sure, will upload one for you too. Thanks : )

Vittogn,

I can't find any asc3 creator files in my ram. What you need to delete after flashing is the shared tips (200k plus) in ram. This will be visible with filez or r explorer.