Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast
    Ohhhh brother...
    Quote Originally Posted by MFB
    To those having problems with the send with function , please try this. Make a back up of your saved and unsaved preferences. Delete the two files from rom then soft reset. Try send with again.
    In my own experience, the "send with" reset problem is caused by a corrupted unsaved preferences database. Delete it and creating a new one would 100% fix this problem.

KS
    Quote Originally Posted by chchan74
    hi,

does this mean that the stripped rom will not be able to display chinese characters even if cjkos is enabled? if yes, is there a version that retains the basic cjkos files, or the full rom? the hi-pda link is invalid..thanks
    I don't know about other versions but my version included a minimum set of CJKOS file (core, font, etc.) that enables GBK Chinese display. I removed all input methods as well as tons of UI localization files. If you want to be able to read Chinese and don't need RealPlayer and VersalMail, then my version is the one to get. I've been using it for two weeks now, everything is fine.

KS
    ks,

I asked those having the send with problem to do the test I posted to prove that it wasn't the fault of the custom rom I uploaded. Thanks for the solution. : )
    Quote Originally Posted by jgm
    I send and receive Chinese SMSs without any problem. You will need to set CJKOS to traditional or simplified to suit your situation.
    thanks jgm and noworry, what i meant is if the roms that are shared here, do they contain the necessary files to send/rcv chinese sms? or do i need to get the full rom?

and is it a must for cjkos to be enabled in order to rcv chinese sms? i notice they became ???? if cjkos is disabled. thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by KeyserSoze
    I don't know about other versions but my version included a minimum set of CJKOS file (core, font, etc.) that enables GBK Chinese display. I removed all input methods as well as tons of UI localization files. If you want to be able to read Chinese and don't need RealPlayer and VersalMail, then my version is the one to get. I've been using it for two weeks now, everything is fine.

KS
    thanks KS, just saw ur reply. so ur version can only read but not write chinese sms? i dun need the localisation files, jus want to write and read simplified chinese. thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by chchan74
    thanks KS, just saw ur reply. so ur version can only read but not write chinese sms? i dun need the localisation files, jus want to write and read simplified chinese. thanks
    As I use a 3rd party Pin Yin input method rather than the Pin Yin came with CJKOS, I took out the latter in the ROM. If you need to input Chinese characters in SMS or elsewhere like in Notes or Contacts, you can just install the input method of your preference in the RAM. Or you can put back the PenPower handwriting recognition system which can be used to "write" Chinese.

FYI, the GB Pin Yin file included in the full Chinese ROM is this one:

IMGBQPF.pdb

If you use Big-5, then use one of the IMB5***.pdb files.

KS
    Here's a list that I tried to compile after studying the Chinese 1.71/1.20 full ROM. I am listing all Chinese related files here and will put comments next to them. Hope this makes things clearer as to what Chinese files to keep or to get rid of...

CJKOS.prc - CJKOS main program

FB516F.pdb - Big5 16x16 font

FGBK16F.pdb - GBK 16x16 font

FHK16F.pdb - 16x16 Hong Kong font (needed for displaying additional HK characters)

IMB****.pdb files - Various Chinese input method files

MF_******.prc - 214 in total, all of them UI localization files

PenP.prc - PenPower handwriting recognition input method main program

PenPDB**.pdb - PenPower databases

UCS_Chinese***.prc - Unicode Conversion tables (e.g. UCS_ChineseGBK.prc is Unicode to Chinese GBK conversion table)

KS
    I used KS's as the base for removing the Chinese from mine. Thanks KS for the job.

M
    QUESTION: If I were to successfully upgrade to one of these custom ROMS and then wanted to apply the official ROW update whenever it releases or even go backwards to 1.13 will I have a problem upgrading/downgrading?

It's driving me crazy that my Treo will pair with my car's internal Bluetooth but the endless reboot upon loading the phone book is just a joke - so I am thinking the new ROM will fix this problem, among others, and since Palm seems to be dragging its damn feet in releasing the ROW update for U.S. phones I am thinking I will use one of these custom ROMS in the mean time. Thoughts anyone? Risks?
  11.    #211  
    So I did the update - ROM update errored out as it had 12 times before - but now the Treo Phone Info shows FW 1.71 and SW 1.20 APR but it is still really 1.13 ROW applications. Thoughts anyone? Did I just kill my Treo? It seems to run ok - just wrong version now...not matching installed code...help?
    I have no problem with your latest Strip ROM MFB.
    Good Job!

Cant wait for your next release!
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by noworry
    I have no problem with your latest Strip ROM MFB.
    Good Job!

Cant wait for your next release!
    I have a big problem!

I flashed to 1.71 / 1.20-APR and now I can't go back to ROW! I keep getting not compatible when I try to flash back to ROW. I tried using the SD card, and directly to RAM in the Treo with the same results.

I even tried the Generic ROM on the Palm site and same results.

I suspect anyone who upgraded to 1.71 / 1.20-APR will have the same problem when they try to flash to ROW!

Just be careful and don't flash with the 1.20-APR until someone comes up with a solution for this problem.
    John S.
    This version is most likely checking to make sure you are trying to install an update of the same version. If I am correct, all you would have to do to start the process back to ROW is begin flashing with one of the available Beta ROM/Firmware packages available here. Those packages flash your phone without checking to see what version of the software you have now. After you flash with that, you should be able to put the newest official GSM updater on the phone as you wish.
    Palm Treo 680
    Unlocked GSM
    Quote Originally Posted by snoslicer8
    John S.
    This version is most likely checking to make sure you are trying to install an update of the same version. If I am correct, all you would have to do to start the process back to ROW is begin flashing with one of the available Beta ROM/Firmware packages available here. Those packages flash your phone without checking to see what version of the software you have now. After you flash with that, you should be able to put the newest official GSM updater on the phone as you wish.
    Same thing happened to me. Don't panic. Install one of the Fw1.28/Sw1.13 custom ROMS that don't check the version - then hard reset and install the official Sw 1.13 from Palm's site and you are good to go. No worries - this will work.
    If hard reset don't work, just do Zero Out reset. Works for me.
    But I'll keep 1.20 1.71 ROM which is the best ROM so far.
    I have 1.13 / 1.71 ROW working stable like never before.
    But i would appreciate if Palm would release the official ROW-Release
    very soon.

calico
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JunkieBoot
    Same thing happened to me. Don't panic. Install one of the Fw1.28/Sw1.13 custom ROMS that don't check the version - then hard reset and install the official Sw 1.13 from Palm's site and you are good to go. No worries - this will work.
    Thanks guys,

I found the Treo 650 1.23 firmware flashed that then flashed the 1.28 firmware and it took.

So I went from APR to ROW but finding the 1.23 firmware was the hardest part!

John
    Quote Originally Posted by KeyserSoze
    Here's a list that I tried to compile after studying the Chinese 1.71/1.20 full ROM. I am listing all Chinese related files here and will put comments next to them. Hope this makes things clearer as to what Chinese files to keep or to get rid of...

CJKOS.prc - CJKOS main program

FB516F.pdb - Big5 16x16 font

FGBK16F.pdb - GBK 16x16 font

FHK16F.pdb - 16x16 Hong Kong font (needed for displaying additional HK characters)

IMB****.pdb files - Various Chinese input method files

MF_******.prc - 214 in total, all of them UI localization files

PenP.prc - PenPower handwriting recognition input method main program

PenPDB**.pdb - PenPower databases

UCS_Chinese***.prc - Unicode Conversion tables (e.g. UCS_ChineseGBK.prc is Unicode to Chinese GBK conversion table)

KS

Dear KS,

After loading your ROM I got a number of resets and suddenly it stopped and I could install it. It works fine now, however I had only 20.8 Mb left after a hard reset. Is that normal? Or what happened?

Thx, Wim
Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast