Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast
  1.    #181  
    Quote Originally Posted by noworry
    MFB what is the difference between your strip rom and kaysersoze's? Thanks!
    From the looks most large difference is tips files are gone. About 9 of them. AirSam. PPToos. Three or so PDB files. Same difference between LoveCostaRicas.
    Last edited by spankyoatmeal; 12/06/2005 at 05:52 AM.
    I have been trying to get a ROM to work well for days. With changing my email to Chatter then your ROM my Treo is running better than ever!
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

hi,

does this mean that the stripped rom will not be able to display chinese characters even if cjkos is enabled? if yes, is there a version that retains the basic cjkos files, or the full rom? the hi-pda link is invalid..thanks
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    MFB, I actually had the same problem on an older rom that you made. When you hit send it does nothing. It seemed that the send option seemed to be using something from Versamail, I put back from Versa files and the send worked again.
    Maybe the reason why I don't have that problem is because I have snappermail as a replacement for versa.
    Quote Originally Posted by madas
    MFB, I actually had the same problem on an older rom that you made. When you hit send it does nothing. It seemed that the send option seemed to be using something from Versamail, I put back from Versa files and the send worked again.

My words, I suspected some missing files here....
    --
    Manfred
    I installed the one of the original APR ROM images posted when this whole thread started. I wanted to get rid of RealPlayer and VersaMail. All went just fine. However, the alternatives to VM, with the amount of email action I do on the Treo were to pricey. And I wanted IMAP4 support, which is free with VM.

ANyway I tried to install the new stripped ROMs from LoveCostaRica, pointing at getting #1, no Real with Versamail, IIRC.

So, d/l and place on the SD. The flash process went smoothly until the final "this will take 15 sec" screen, when up came a screen that said "Update ROM failed." Versa and Real still there. Phone info says 1.20APR and 1.71. The phone works fine. But can't flash the ROM I need.

Anyone else having this problem, or a way to work around or back to get where I need to be?

Thanks.
    APpreciate all the work that goes into building and debugging these ROMS.

ROger
    Cingular Treo 650
    FW 01.51 SW Treo650-1.b17-CNG
    Mac OSX.4.6
    Quote Originally Posted by mani_lx
    My words, I suspected some missing files here....
    It sounds like the "missing files" are VersaMail files which were intentionally stripped. I do not have this issue, I am using Chatter for email.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Quote Originally Posted by rscow
    I installed the one of the original APR ROM images posted when this whole thread started. I wanted to get rid of RealPlayer and VersaMail. All went just fine. However, the alternatives to VM, with the amount of email action I do on the Treo were to pricey. And I wanted IMAP4 support, which is free with VM.

ANyway I tried to install the new stripped ROMs from LoveCostaRica, pointing at getting #1, no Real with Versamail, IIRC.

So, d/l and place on the SD. The flash process went smoothly until the final "this will take 15 sec" screen, when up came a screen that said "Update ROM failed." Versa and Real still there. Phone info says 1.20APR and 1.71. The phone works fine. But can't flash the ROM I need.

Anyone else having this problem, or a way to work around or back to get where I need to be?

Thanks.
    APpreciate all the work that goes into building and debugging these ROMS.

ROger
    I could never get any of the ROM's that included VersaMail to work, Except the full ROM but then I had so little DBcache that it did not work well at all. I was already looking at changing email packages so I made the change to Chatter. So far I am so much happier than before.

FWIW

Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut
    It sounds like the "missing files" are VersaMail files which were intentionally stripped. I do not have this issue, I am using Chatter for email.
    I'm also a long time Chatter user. But still had the problems with the send with this stripped rom.
    --
    Manfred
    Quote Originally Posted by chchan74
    hi,

does this mean that the stripped rom will not be able to display chinese characters even if cjkos is enabled? if yes, is there a version that retains the basic cjkos files, or the full rom? the hi-pda link is invalid..thanks
    Which chinese are you looking for? i got a strip down traditional. Or you can simply install the chinese font files after flashing MFB's strip down rom.
    To those having problems with the send with function , please try this. Make a back up of your saved and unsaved preferences. Delete the two files from rom then soft reset. Try send with again.
    Quote Originally Posted by xyzzyx
    Which chinese are you looking for? i got a strip down traditional. Or you can simply install the chinese font files after flashing MFB's strip down rom.
    hi, is traditional chinese sufficient to read chinese sms?
    Quote Originally Posted by chchan74
    hi, is traditional chinese sufficient to read chinese sms?
    Not sure, have never receive a chinese sms. i do use it to read chinese web site thou..
    I send and receive Chinese SMSs without any problem. You will need to set CJKOS to traditional or simplified to suit your situation.
    JGG I think he meant the MFB strip down ROM which include ckjos but disabled.
    Ah vacation in the US. See you all in a month or so.

M
    Ah vacation in the US. See you all in a month or so. By then, the OEM US GSm ought to be out

M
    Ah vacation in the US. See you all in a month or so. By then the OEM US GSM ROW ROM ought to be out

M
    One more time.....
Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast