1.    #1  
    I'm trying to install TT5 on the sd.

I noticed the following behavior (running C:\Program Files\Palmone\Instapp.exe):

1- If I select Palm Device (Memory card): only two files are listed and then installed. start.prc ans cn.prc (around 47kb each). Then they are listed and actually installed on the main memory.

2- If I select Palm Device (Main Memory): 6 files are listed (around 3.5MB), the 2 above plus 3 files starting with DATA* and Munich.bin. I I move them into the SD using Instapp.exe, they'll be installed under SD:\Palm\Launcher and TT5 doesn't work. No icons in main application on the Treo. I heard that these files should be installed under SD:\TomTom folder.

Any advices?

I'm sorry if this argument has already been fixed, but I didn't find it using search.

Thanks a lot for your help.
    Ciao.
    Vittore
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    HS Treo 180 -> HS Treo 270 -> Palm Treo 650 GSM (1.71-1.20ENA Custom) + Treo BT Headset + TomTom 5.201 & Holux GPS 236 BT Slim
    I have all the dataxxx files in the Tom Tom folder & I have removed the start &cn from the card so that it doesn't run from the card. they are only small apps so I run them from main memory on the Treo, in a bid to get rid of the duplicate database hotsync errors. It also means that when I insert the card it no longer starts ttn
    Unlocked GSM Treo 650, Holux GPSlim236 GPS BT receiver & Tom Tom v5.201
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeProcter
    I have all the dataxxx files in the Tom Tom folder & I have removed the start &cn from the card so that it doesn't run from the card. they are only small apps so I run them from main memory on the Treo, in a bid to get rid of the duplicate database hotsync errors. It also means that when I insert the card it no longer starts ttn
    Good advice!!
    Thanks.

Are cn and start in the SD stored in tomtom folder or under Launcher?

BTW now I have to understand why the installation does not copy anything onto my SD.

Is your testing with 5.201 going well??
    Ciao.
    Vittore
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    HS Treo 180 -> HS Treo 270 -> Palm Treo 650 GSM (1.71-1.20ENA Custom) + Treo BT Headset + TomTom 5.201 & Holux GPS 236 BT Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeProcter
    I can't stand TTN starting every time I insert the SD card. Any chance you could list the step-by-step instructions? Also, did this alone eliminate the duplicate database hotsync errors, or did you also delete the lowercase duplicate files?
    Quote Originally Posted by jaharr
    I can't stand TTN starting every time I insert the SD card. Any chance you could list the step-by-step instructions? Also, did this alone eliminate the duplicate database hotsync errors, or did you also delete the lowercase duplicate files?
    I just used FileZ to rename the start.prc file. That stopped the auto start on insert.
  6.    #6  
    I finally got my TT5 (5.00 at the moment) work, but I wasn't able to do on my own.

I had been obliged to use a work around as my Hotsync + my Treo + my TomTom setup *.exe has not been able to install TomTom folder + 5 files inside it. A friend of mine had to forward to the entire folder. Then I copied it into mt SD with a card reader.

Can anyone understand what's wrong with my Treo/Hotsync Manager??? Of course Install on Card is enabled. Any Ideas?

Thanks a lot.
    Ciao.
    Vittore
    As I have start.prc on the Treo internal memory, I just deleted the copy on the SD card. Now ttn doesn't start when I insert the card.
    Thanks JohnH & MikeP. I see the "start.prc" file on my card (in the Palm folder), but see only a "start" file internally (amidst the TTN files, with a MniC creator). Still OK to delete the file from card?

I take it I will also have to delete lower case duplicate files to get rid of duplicate backup hotsnc errors, huh?
    Thanks JohnH & MikeP. I see the "start.prc" file on my card (in the Palm folder), but see only a "start" file internally (amidst the TTN files, with a MniC creator). Still OK to delete the file from card?

I take it I will also have to delete lower case duplicate files to get rid of duplicate backup hotsnc errors, huh?
    I have heard it's okay to delete from card. I didn't, I just renamed it.
    That sounds safer to me. Thanks JohnH.

Worked like a charm!
    Last edited by jaharr; 12/01/2005 at 07:57 PM.
  11.    #11  
    Even if I'm still having some issues, I was able to finally install TT5!!!
    Please see the procedure followed in post #32 here: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...=100876&page=2
    Ciao.
    Vittore

CN.prc has a creator type ConA.

I deleted both the CurrentMap & currentmap files in internal memory, restarted ttn planned a route, exited and checked FileZ & now have just one copy - CurrentMap.dat. Hotsynced twice as first time came up with database overwrite error - because the backup on PC contained the duplicate, & second time no errors. Re checked FileZ and all ok.