1.    #1  
    Hi, I was wondering if anyone has noticed that their treo 650 causes their computer speakers to crackle when the treo is sending/receiving data.

I haven't noticed this problem with my other cellular phones, so I was wondering if this is a known issue with treo, or if I have a problem with my phone radio.

Thanks!

Thomas
    GSM radio waves (radio waves) disrupt computer speakers, monitors, stereo speakers...etc etc..dont worry your stuff wont blow up....yet muahahaha
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    I have sprint phone which has a cdma radio and I've never experienced anything like that before.
    It's a GSM thing.
    Global Posts
    593 Global Posts
    Yeah, interestingly, when I use my Ipod attached to an older version of Altec Lansing inMotion speakers...I don't get any feedback noise when my nearby Treo 650 (GSM) is receiving/transmitting data. But the newer version of the speakers (Altec Lansing iM3) does. Maybe the older model is better shielded.
    The Doctor is IN!
    Gadget: Rogers Treo 680 (unlocked) GSM
    Cases: Still deciding
  6.    #6  
    I have a friend who also owns a treo 650, cingular hardware A. My phone is identical except that it used to be at&t treo 650.

We tried putting our treo's the at the same distance away from the speakers. Her treo doeson't cause any crackling, yet mine produces a very loud crackle.

Do you think I should try and get a return? My treo is otherwise working just fine.

Thanks,

Thomas
    I also have Hardware A Cingular Blue and when my phone connects it crackles the speakers. This is not unique to Treo. My friend has a Cingular LG phone and it also causes speakers to crackle when incoming call comes in. Its just the nature of GSM. If you don't want your speakers to crackle, don't put the phone enxt to the speakers.
    Quote Originally Posted by tomchan79
    I have a friend who also owns a treo 650, cingular hardware A. My phone is identical except that it used to be at&t treo 650.

We tried putting our treo's the at the same distance away from the speakers. Her treo doeson't cause any crackling, yet mine produces a very loud crackle.

Do you think I should try and get a return? My treo is otherwise working just fine.

Thanks,

Thomas
    I also have Hardware A Cingular Blue and when my phone connects it crackles the speakers. This is not unique to Treo. My friend has a Cingular LG phone and it also causes speakers to crackle when incoming call comes in. Its just the nature of GSM. If you don't want your speakers to crackle, don't put the phone enxt to the speakers.