Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 76
  1.    #1  
    For those who were not aware, the 5.2 update is now on TomTom's website:

    http://tomtom.com/support/product.p...uage=1&FID=3361

    However, I cannot seem to successfully install the update. I get the following error:

    "Setup: Cannot install conduit (5). Please restart setup".

    Anyone else having this problem? Anyone have success?
  2. #2  
    I installed mine without any problems.

    Firstly I removed all files related to Tom Tom & then installed update.
    seems to be fine.
    Unlocked GSM Treo 650, Holux GPSlim236 GPS BT receiver & Tom Tom v5.201
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeProcter
    I installed mine without any problems.

    Firstly I removed all files related to Tom Tom & then installed update.
    seems to be fine.
    Thanks, Mike. Which files did you delete? I assume you are referring to the desktop and not the handheld. I'm curious why you chose to do this, as TomTom did not necessarily recommend that.
  4. #4  
    looks like they took it off of the website....
    car_designer
    Visor Deluxe-->Treo 600-->650 cameraless-->700P-->755P cameraless conversion -->Treo 800W + Celio Redfly all on Sprint
    Parrot ck-3300 handsfree + BT GPS
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by acousticbiker
    Thanks, Mike. Which files did you delete? I assume you are referring to the desktop and not the handheld. I'm curious why you chose to do this, as TomTom did not necessarily recommend that.
    I used FileZ on the Treo, selected Creator & deleted all the files with MniC.

    I did not delete anything from the desktop PC, just the Treo 650 internal memory.

    Mike
    Unlocked GSM Treo 650, Holux GPSlim236 GPS BT receiver & Tom Tom v5.201
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by car_designer
    looks like they took it off of the website....
    its on there still @ 17:11 hrs 29/11/05

    Tom Tom 5.201 update

    Mike
    Unlocked GSM Treo 650, Holux GPSlim236 GPS BT receiver & Tom Tom v5.201
  7. #7  
    I saw this asked in another thread but no reply. I JUST got TTN & have 5.0 now. Should I update to 5.12 and then to 5.2, or just go straight to 5.2? (And is it necessary to delete the MniC files before doing either?) Thanks.
  8. #8  
    I just installed it, no deleting anything, like the diections said, just run the installer and hotsync, done works fine.
  9. #9  
    The 5.2 update only appears on the UK TomTom website, has anyone tried it on the US version of the software?
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by jaharr
    I saw this asked in another thread but no reply. I JUST got TTN & have 5.0 now. Should I update to 5.12 and then to 5.2, or just go straight to 5.2? (And is it necessary to delete the MniC files before doing either?) Thanks.
    You don't need any previous version on before installing this update. So you can install 5.201 straight away.

    Probably don't have to delete any files if doing the upgrade. I just like clean installs, as I've had problems with tom tom in the past.

    If you already have the maps on the SD card they are already activated & you don't lose the activation as it seems to be kept on the card.
    Unlocked GSM Treo 650, Holux GPSlim236 GPS BT receiver & Tom Tom v5.201
  11. #11  
    Thanks Michael & Mike, I'll try going right to 5.201.
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by jaharr
    Thanks Michael & Mike, I'll try going right to 5.201.
    As GoodHW says, the site link for the European version. Not sure what will happen with a US package. jaharr, can you let us know how it goes when you complete the install?
  13. #13  
    I installed it without any problems. Not sure of what changes or fixes. Can't tell any difference.
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by jrfaris
    As GoodHW says, the site link for the European version. Not sure what will happen with a US package. jaharr, can you let us know how it goes when you complete the install?
    I installed 5.201 without a hitch, right over 5.000. It forced me to put it on the SD card. The only improvements I've noticed seem to be the result of the last update (5.12) which I never got to (like power button functionality). The only negative thing I've noticed is that my Sprint 650 now resets if I exit TTN without hitting the "exit" icon. (I know the manual says that I'm supposed to do that, but I'm just not in the habit yet.) Oh yeah, and I still get the duplicate database hotsync errors.

    I'm testing it out more fully tonight, and will post any new problems.
  15. wbwjr's Avatar
    Posts
    440 Posts
    Global Posts
    441 Global Posts
    #15  
    After installing 5.201, I am getting db cache error, cannot run program and have to soft reset. I'm on Verizon.
  16. #16  
    So far 5.201 has been ok. Still no dbcache errors. Whilst out on the road started ttn approx. 5 times with no problems. not received any incoming calls yet.

    I don't know if it makes any difference but I'm using a wired sirf111 receiver rather than a BT receiver.
    Unlocked GSM Treo 650, Holux GPSlim236 GPS BT receiver & Tom Tom v5.201
  17. #17  
    Installer still giving me headaches ("Conduit error"). Fortunately, I used my wife's Mac (with VirtualPC) to install there, revealing the navigator.cab file which contains all the files you need (after renaming according to navigator.ini)

    Will test out on the road tomorrow. Anyone know if the traffic updates are still free?

    P.S. Thanks (again) TomTom for no notification of the update via my email address. Why the heck did I register???
    Last edited by emair; 11/30/2005 at 07:05 PM.
    --
    Palm Pilot - Palm III - Palm V - Sprint Treo 600 - Treo 650 - Treo 755p - Pre - 2.1.0 Pre w/ Uberkernel
    Sinclair 1000 - Apple ][+ - C64 - Apple //e - PowerBook 100 - Mac SE - Dell PC - Acer AspireOne - 11" MacBook Air
  18. #18  
    I had a similar problem just trying to reinstall the original 5.00, but solved it. The original tomtomsetup installs a few files into your C:\Program Files\palmOne directory:
    TTN8A.tmp.dll
    TTN88.tmp.dll
    .. and possibly others. Make sure those are there. In the end, I had to uninstall my palmone software, rename the directory (so theres no traces), and reinstall it. Once having done that, I reran the tomtom setup clean and it went thru. Haven't tried the 5.2 update yet, but perhaps this might help.

    Quote Originally Posted by acousticbiker
    For those who were not aware, the 5.2 update is now on TomTom's website:

    http://tomtom.com/support/product.p...uage=1&FID=3361

    However, I cannot seem to successfully install the update. I get the following error:

    "Setup: Cannot install conduit (5). Please restart setup".

    Anyone else having this problem? Anyone have success?
  19. #19  
    I too am constantly getting "Not Enough free DB Cache Memory to run this application" after upgrading to 5.201. I am using a Sprint 650.
  20. wbwjr's Avatar
    Posts
    440 Posts
    Global Posts
    441 Global Posts
    #20  
    I spoke with Tom Tom support yesterday regarding the DB Cache Memoryand 5.20. They told me it was a known error with some phones. She recommended doing an uninstall-re-install just jusing 5.20. You do not have to have the other software on your device. I have done this and will give it out a try today. She also said Tom Tom 5 likes a dedicated SD card but who in the heck wants to do that!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions